Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SERG dual exhaust  (Read 8848 times)

drod2020

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: flhrse3
    • CVO2: 07 flstn
Re: SERG dual exhaust
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 03:15:39 PM »

Yeah totally no problem.  I'm heading out of town this weekend but I'm sure I can bring it down next week sometime.  As for the heat he said there was a temp drop but not to significant.  I'll call you when i get back in

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 03:25:44 PM »

Dan, any possibilty that I'll be seeing/hearing this bike. I'm about ready fro true duals.
Highway, where do you get the 10% drop in power, way way too extreme

LarryB

Quick question, why you looking at true duals? Is there something about the 2-1-2 exhaust that's not getting it done for ya. Thanks bud.

JW

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 04:52:27 PM »

well it's like this, not really. the baffles are getting sweeter but I'm looking for a bit more rumble. in town it's too tame. was thinking about going to the 2.25" but I know it's the 2-1-2 combo that is keeping quiet. am thinking about getting some Bommcans, but if I can find another form and function homerun, then I'm all about that.  :2vrolijk_21:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 07:16:56 PM »

Dan, any possibility that I'll be seeing/hearing this bike. I'm about ready fro true duals.
Highway, where do you get the 10% drop in power, way way too extreme

Larry,

10% is certainly possible at the top end with a good 2:1 system, but may be a bit extreme when referring to the stock 2:1:2 setup.  With the TD setup you are faced with that radical bend on the rear head to get the pipe to exit on the left. I have routinely seen those bends glow red from the additional heat buildup in that restrictive bend. It will undoubtedly also increase heat on the left side of the bike. Other than for aesthetic reasons, I can't imagine why anyone would want to go back to a TD.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Dave L

• "Go Flyers"
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 02:37:25 PM »

I have a Bub 7 true duels with a PC V and a Jet Scream intake with a K&N filter. It was also done by Cycle solutions back in June.
HP is 90 and torque is 108. I do not find this set up overly hot and I have lowers on all the time. In city riding at the stop lights the
heat does come up a bit and I have found it wants to stall out when it is really hot outside after sitting idleing at a light. If I give it
a but of throttle to bring the other cylinder back online it doesn't stall out, but it is close. The Bubs are great I love the sound of
them as they can be very loud when you want them to be and very mello when cruising down the highway.
2011 FLHXSE2 Black/Orange
Vance & Hines X Pipe
Vance & Hines High Output
Americanized Rear Fender

Dave L

• "Go Flyers"
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 02:47:06 PM »

Here it is from the other side
Vance & Hines X Pipe
Americanized Rear Fender

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 07:23:40 AM »

I have a Bub 7 true duels with a PC V and a Jet Scream intake with a K&N filter. It was also done by Cycle solutions back in June.
HP is 90 and torque is 108. I do not find this set up overly hot and I have lowers on all the time. In city riding at the stop lights the
heat does come up a bit and I have found it wants to stall out when it is really hot outside after sitting idleing at a light. If I give it
a but of throttle to bring the other cylinder back online it doesn't stall out, but it is close. The Bubs are great I love the sound of
them as they can be very loud when you want them to be and very mello when cruising down the highway.
check out the guy behind on the left, he wants one too

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 07:48:52 AM »

Or maybe he is checking out Dave!  :confused5: :huepfenlol2:

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 09:32:39 AM »

Or maybe he is checking out Dave!  :confused5: :huepfenlol2:

YIKES!

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 10:42:54 AM »

The true dual vs 2-1 or 2-1-2 horspower/torque difference is way overblown. I have currently a SERG with 2-1-2 catless, Fullsac baffle that was Jet Hot coated and a TTS using Fullsacs map for the SERG.
Last bike was a 05 SEEG that had V&H true duals with Harley Screamin Eagle Pro's with Harley map cartridge (the one you installed with the Scan Tool) and a PCIII professionally mapped.
I can tell no difference in heat in traffic on either, wife at first thought the SERG ran hotter but has changed her mind. Got back from Key West last nite and the last trip was on SEEG with LOTS of start/stop and bike overheated several times. This trip same deal, I turned off the cylinder cancel deal because I got tired of the deal everytime I stopped so I assume it was overheating as well.
But big thing of this post, the SERG has not been on a dyno, Fullsac says to expect 95-97 Hp and about 110 or so torque with the 2-1-2 with 1.75 baffles and the TTS. The SEEG had 86 HP and 97 torque with the true duals as mentioned above, Butt feel makes new bike a little quicker, not much just a little.
So If you like 2-2 then go that way, hp/torque diff is so minumal that looks become a big thing. It yours buy and use what you like.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 11:28:26 AM »

Maybe he is just checking out those reflectors on the forks and the bags
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Dave L

• "Go Flyers"
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2009, 01:46:55 PM »

I'll have to say that he is definitely checking out the safety reflectors and maby wishing
that he still had them installed on his bike!!!! (A Road King by the way)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Dave
Vance & Hines X Pipe
Americanized Rear Fender

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2009, 06:47:35 PM »

You can also kick in the single cylinder mode when in neutral and rolling the throttle forward.

You can enable the EITMS function to run automatically before starting the bike by rolling the throttle forward for three seconds with the key set to the on position and the start/run switch in the run position. When enabled, the EITMS will engage when the specified parameters (head temp, rpm, and speed) are all reached.  Those specific parameters are contained in the owners manual.

You cannot manually engage the EITMS by rolling the throttle forward, it is automatic and either enabled or disabled by the above procedure.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2009, 09:10:09 PM »

Hey Larry, I put the Freedom duals on my silver SERG that already had the 1.75 Fullsacs. I definitely picked up the rumbling sound and was confirmed by Steve that this was normal.  As far as the heat issue-the right lower side is cooler than before and the left upper thigh is warmer.  Now I enable the HMS and in traffic it is bearable.  For sure better than it was and lower fairing still in place. :2vrolijk_21:

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2009, 07:40:49 AM »

Hey Larry, I put the Freedom duals on my silver SERG that already had the 1.75 Fullsacs. I definitely picked up the rumbling sound and was confirmed by Steve that this was normal.  As far as the heat issue-the right lower side is cooler than before and the left upper thigh is warmer.  Now I enable the HMS and in traffic it is bearable.  For sure better than it was and lower fairing still in place. :2vrolijk_21:
very good, where did you buy them from?

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.