Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to Deinstall the 12 Disc Player in my '01 SERG Tourpak  (Read 901 times)

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
How to Deinstall the 12 Disc Player in my '01 SERG Tourpak
« on: August 29, 2009, 12:08:55 PM »

I've completed the radio swap on my 01 SERG to a Sony head unit with Hog Tune speakers using the Biketronic kit awhile back.  I've now used it enough to know I am going to stick with it and figured I could now deinstall my 12 disc player from the tourpak.  Has anyone already done this and if so could you share the how it comes out and disconnects?  I have never had my tourpak off but don't want to go cutting a bunch of wires I if can avoid it.   Thanks in advance for your help. 

Cheers,

Blue
Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm throttle body, Dewey's Pro-Street ported heads, SE cam plate w/Baisley HP spring, Zipper's pro-taper TC pushrods, S&S Rockers & Boxes, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Corbin, M/C Armor, HarleyGoodies

Ride-Loud

• Vendor
Re: How to Deinstall the 12 Disc Player in my '01 SERG Tourpak
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 12:39:25 PM »

Yep, I can help ya. Hold on tho, getting pics ready for ya

Ride-Loud

• Vendor
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 01:20:27 PM »

OK, what you wanna to is first remove the black plastic ring thats around the cd changer.
Then unscrew the tether at the T/P lid.
        NOTE: Be sure to secure the lid. Nothing is holding it up now. If it rolls over, it could rip off of
                 the T/P.  Find something to hold it up. AND BE VERY CAREFUL! Make sure that it wont fall over.

Once the lid is secure, remove the liner. There's vel-cro all the way around, so what I did was separate one side and put tape over the nylon so it stick back together again. And pull it straight up. Put to the side, because your gonna want to reinstall later.

Once the liner is off, disconnect the wiring harness located bottom side of C/D changer

Then remove bolts (4) at bottom and remove.

To disconnect the wiring harness totally follow wires coming off the C/D changer that you've already disconnected until you come to the splice connector, then disconnect.

Reinstall liner, then screw the tether back on the lid. Put the black plastic ring over the opening where the changer was and your done.

I made another liner for inside where the changer was. that's a great place to put things that you dont want rolling around in your T/P.....

If I forgot anything, sorry. It's been like3 years since I removed mine. Heres some pics to help you out.

Good luck!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:56:30 PM by Ride-Loud »

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 05:59:18 AM »

Thanks a million Ride-Loud for the info and detail, looks pretty straight forward.  With a tag like Ride-Loud, I just have to ask what sound system you are using.   I see you made good use of the empty space for storage but I am hoping to remove mine entirely (if possible) and let the entire space be more usable (if that is possible).

thanks again,

Blue
Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm throttle body, Dewey's Pro-Street ported heads, SE cam plate w/Baisley HP spring, Zipper's pro-taper TC pushrods, S&S Rockers & Boxes, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Corbin, M/C Armor, HarleyGoodies

Ride-Loud

• Vendor
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 10:16:30 AM »

No prob, Blue. Just remember to secure that T/P lid... I cant stress that enough.

Ok, as for my sound system? THIS IS NOT A SHAMELESS ATTEMPT FOR PROMOTING MY STUFF. He asked, so I dont want people reading this and busting my chops over this....lol

I've got 6x8's in the fairing, instead of the stock 5.25". In the forth pic on the bottom, the silver and blue thing? Thats my amp. I'm running HawgWired hardware and Infinity speakers and amp. If you go over to the vendor section, I posted a "Business just opened". Look for "Finally! I can really start stressing" post, thats mine. Check it out and if you like what you see, drop me an e-mail.

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 11:10:16 PM »

Thanks again Ride-Loud.  With a buddy's help, we were able to remove the 12 disc changer this evening.  Fortunately we did not have to take the lid teather loose.  I did however have to remove the seat and ultimately undo the quick disconnect mounts to raise the tour pak slightly to get everything unbolted.  I have not traced the wires to the loom to disconnect them yet.  I am going to need a new tour pak liner for the bottom section but the amount of recovered space 25-30% is really great!.

I'll also take a look at your post in the vendor section, but I am getting old and my Sony with Hog Tunes speakers is plenty "loud" for me  ;).

thanks again,

Blue

Ride-Loud

• Vendor
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 09:58:35 PM »

I've changed my prices. Go check it out, if you'd like.

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 08:01:34 AM »

Nice website Ride-Loud.  If I hadn't already buttoned mine up with the Hogtunes and new grills and new style "brackets", I'd be interested.  Good luck on your venture.

Do you happen to be aware if HD sells the plug-in for the loom that contains the wires for the disc changer seperately (without the wiring harness)?   Best I can tell, the loom breaks into three sections when it comes into the tourpak only one of which controls the tourpak light that I still need.  If I could buy the plug-in piece seperately, I might take a shot rewiring that plug-in for the light only and remove the rest of the now unnecessary wires (7 I think).  I am also looking for a tour pak fitted liner that doesn't have the 12 disc cut-outs (preferably the stock grey color to match my lid cover).  I heard the 2000 SERG might be my best bet, so if you run across one, please send them my way (I also have a request posted in the "buying" section.  Thanks and cheers,

Blue

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.