Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Airman, Lost In Motorcycle Crash, Remembered By Friends  (Read 1979 times)

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
Airman, Lost In Motorcycle Crash, Remembered By Friends
« on: September 23, 2009, 05:01:57 PM »

In Wisconsin:
Friends remember Master Sergeant Patrick LaLonde as an energetic guy and a model Airman.

Business moves on at the 128th Air Refueling Wing, with a heavy heart.

There is grief on the base after the sudden loss of one of their own.
"You name it, Pat was willing to help someone, somewhere, anytime," said Senior Master Sergeant Balinda Kostuch.
LaLonde left an impression over his 37 years. Friends say he volunteered, helped the VFW and was always there for those in need.
That all ended Sunday in Cedarburg.

According to police, a suspected drunken driver hit his motorcycle, fled the scene and then failed field sobriety tests.
Kostuch found out later that night, that her long time co-worker had died.

"(He was) a very special person. He was more than just a co-worker and a friend. He was more like a brother to a lot of people out here," Kostuck said.
There are 913 members are assigned to the wing, and his friends say Pat was one of those people who knew everyone.
"He was so proud of what he did. He was so willing to tell people all the time, 'this is what I do. I do it for the military. And I love doing it,'" First Lieutenant Josh Gscheidmeier said.
Gscheidmeier calls Pat one of his best friends, He said Pat was a fan of the Packers, the Brewers and his motorcycle.

"He loved riding it, but the most responsible person when doing it," Gscheidmeier said. "He always rode with his helmet, with his gear on, he never drank. And he always made it a point to make sure that it was one of those things that he was smart about it … that he wasn't doing anything that was risky."

When he's laid to rest, LaLonde will be buried with full military honors. Funeral arrangements are not yet set.
He served 18 years, 14 with the 128th in the finance office.

source: WISN Channel 12 Milwaukee - http://www.wisn.com/news/21071705/detail.html
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

joeymaq

• Full CVO Member
  • Keep the wind in your hair, the bugs in your teeth
Re: Airman, Lost In Motorcycle Crash, Remembered By Friends
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 09:42:40 AM »

Sorry to hear this tragic news!  My condolences
2009 Ultra Classic 96c.i., Vance & Hines basic slip on's ,Dyno Jet Power commander 5, Screamin Eagle Stage 1 Air Cleaner.

Lo Lo

• CVO Connoisseur
  • 105th Screamin Eagle Club

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE 105th Anniversary Ed. #1055/1800
Re: Airman, Lost In Motorcycle Crash, Remembered By Friends
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 10:23:21 AM »

May he rest in peace.... 
**Team Scream**
U.S. Army Recruiting
SFC LOPEZ

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.