Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Low speed wobble ??  (Read 5995 times)

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
Re: Low speed wobble ??
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 10:51:05 AM »

This is not just a problem with the 09 Models... I had an 08 FLTR and had the same issue. Took it back about 4 times before it finally got better (but never fully corrected)  The head bearing WAS the main issue... they rebalanced the front 2-3 times but when they finally tightened the bearing and it was much better. It's STILL a problem though... before I bought the SERG I have now I test road a 2010 FLTRX and guess what? Same issue with those too...  One dealer I took it too said "just dont take your hands off the grips then..."  Um, ok that makes it OK then right?    ;)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Low speed wobble ??
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 12:38:53 PM »

Was the neck adjustment covered by the warranty?? I had the backtire replaced, Cupping was the culprit. I also had the wobble around 40 mph. Asked them to check the neck bearings. Service guy mentioned to me that it might not be covered under the warranty. WTF!!!!! I said. Also got a new starter. Granite paint was flaking off. So I asked them to replace it with the crome high tourque starter............................Fuzz
Yeah Rich, but not without the obligatory "not covered" diatribe from the service mgr. Supposed to be checked at the scheduled service (ie. 1k,5k,10k etc) intervals if your paying the dealer to perform the service ... according to my dealer.

Howie
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.