Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Author Topic: "SHOW US YOUR BEST SPRINGER PIC"  (Read 137094 times)

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
Re: "SHOW US YOUR BEST SPRINGER PIC"
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2011, 11:22:12 PM »

Envithyx, looks like El Camino Real ended in your backyard...........J

Doh!  Again I have been taken to school.  ;D

Geography and history were not my strong suits growing up.  Your map explains quite a few things, and puts quite a few others into perspective.  :2vrolijk_21:
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

Jack

• Full CVO Member
  • thank you Denis Van Orman (DVO)

• CVO1: 07 FXSTSSE Amarillo Gold/Candy Tangerine (1/540) thanks Dude
    • CVO2: 98 Lincoln LSC Ivory Pearlescent (34K)
    • CVO3: 87 Porsche 944 Rose Quartz
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2011, 11:31:32 PM »

Dude, I laughed as well, never knew it went that far north ! Say hello to my cousins in Napa and Calistoga, this one's for you  :drink:.....
FXSTSSE
H-D Tribal Mirrors (92410-09)
H-D medium low detachable (round stock) sissy bar
2006 Bobtail fender rack & trans dip stk w/medallion
Jet Scream (air delivery)
10mm SE plug wires
NGK Iridium IX (DCPR9EIX) 2316
Mercury Marine QUICKSILVER 20-W50
MOTORKOTE (petroleum hydrocarbon) in all 3 areas
RED LINE HEAVY SHOCKPROOF
93 Octane
Lyndall "Z" Racing Brake Pads "Gold"
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

InfernoCVO

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2
    • CVO2: 2012 cvo street glide
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2011, 10:13:46 PM »

my 08,woods 555 cam instaled this winter can't wait for spring!

Jack

• Full CVO Member
  • thank you Denis Van Orman (DVO)

• CVO1: 07 FXSTSSE Amarillo Gold/Candy Tangerine (1/540) thanks Dude
    • CVO2: 98 Lincoln LSC Ivory Pearlescent (34K)
    • CVO3: 87 Porsche 944 Rose Quartz
« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2011, 10:44:34 PM »

:beatdeadhorse:

InfernoCVO, my son who is 31 year old (2 time) Iraqi Marine veteran just graduated from UTI Phoenix H-D late Jan 2011.  He can't wait to rip my bike out of my hands to build it up, since I promissed it to him when I'm done with it. I keep telling him, too much, it will loose all civility.

When you feel the vibration from the handlebars & foot pegs, this is when the engine is under load (not overload), & when you can feel that vibration pass thru the seat to the rear wheel, you are now burning the rubber off.  Few people understand this, take my word for it, I just parked mine after 4 seasons in Central Pennsylvania with 30,000+ miles, and I take no long trips. My 5th set of tires are waiting for spring as well.......Jack
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:08:13 PM by Jack »
FXSTSSE
H-D Tribal Mirrors (92410-09)
H-D medium low detachable (round stock) sissy bar
2006 Bobtail fender rack & trans dip stk w/medallion
Jet Scream (air delivery)
10mm SE plug wires
NGK Iridium IX (DCPR9EIX) 2316
Mercury Marine QUICKSILVER 20-W50
MOTORKOTE (petroleum hydrocarbon) in all 3 areas
RED LINE HEAVY SHOCKPROOF
93 Octane
Lyndall "Z" Racing Brake Pads "Gold"
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Volski

« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2011, 05:48:52 PM »

This was one that I done for a customer last year. It's now for sale at Black Diamond Harley-Davidson in Marion, Illinois.

Volski

« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2011, 05:49:48 PM »

...another close up of the custom paint...

Volski

« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2011, 05:50:34 PM »

...and then the custom-built rear fender...

steelcat

« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2011, 05:04:45 AM »

2008 679

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2011, 09:44:45 AM »

This was one that I done for a customer last year. It's now for sale at Black Diamond Harley-Davidson in Marion, Illinois.

WOW! Beautiful job!

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2011, 10:39:29 AM »

Envithyx - what do you think of that V&H 2 into 1 on your '09?  I'm looking to put them on mine in a few weeks and was curious about the feel/sound/volume? 

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2011, 12:13:20 PM »

Envithyx - what do you think of that V&H 2 into 1 on your '09?  I'm looking to put them on mine in a few weeks and was curious about the feel/sound/volume? 

I like the pipe.  Looks cleaner than the 2 into 2 for me personally, and supposed to be a bit more power given the 2 into 1 design.

As for volume, took a db meter to it using a c weight and measured behind the pipe at about 1 foot distance - probably not the same distance used by standard volume measurements.  I registered 102 decibels at idle, and 106 decibels when I reved it in neutral up to about 2k rpms - tested the volume when that crazy law was passed by our Governor.

When on the freeway, it's not too loud.  The faster you go, the quieter it seems as the wind noise picks up.  Also, given the angle of the pipe, the noise is thrown down at the ground.  At 80 MPH, it is just a bit louder than the monster ovals I have on my limited.  However, if you hit WOT, you'll definitely hear it.  If you are very careful, you can sneak into your neighborhood and not wake most of the neighbors.  Although, I do know my neighboor 2 houses down who rides can hear me start it up.  He couldn't hear the stock pipes on the Limited even when I rode it past his house.

As for the sound, kinda hard to describe this one.  It's not as deep as the monster ovals at idle, but it still has that Harley sound.  I especially like the sound it makes on decel, which is deep and throaty.

I've already have had one incident where 3 cars were flying through a blind corner at a gas station, as I was comming around the other side.  The 1st car turned left to come my direction, the 2nd was going to turn right without stopping, and the 3rd was trying to get around the 2nd car as if he was in his way.  As soon as I saw the 1st car, I cracked the throttle (was quicker to hit than my horn  :P), he about all but locked up his brakes and continued his turn at a slow pace.  The 2nd car stopped in his tracks and the 3rd had no choice but to stop slightly to the right of the 2nd.  So the pipes can get driver's attention.  Mind you I was only going about 10 MPH so I really wasn't even worried about hitting them.  I was a bit more worried about them hitting me or anyone else.

I've also had another bike (forget make, but very quiet running) follow me down Hwy 80 when I was splitting lanes.  I thought he wanted to pass, so I moved over.  He beckoned me to take lead again.  I guess he figured I could make the cars more aware we were comming down increasing his safety.  :nixweiss:

As for feel, hard to say what I feel, the engine or the pipes.  I would say there is a nice level of acoustic vibration that the pipes will send your way when your opening up the throttle.  The chrome quality is very good and easy to maintain.  There is one caveat I'm having with the pipe though.  The heat shields tend to separate with heat expansion in the middle (between the rear shield, and the two shields that cover the headers).  The separation is usually no more than 1/4 inch and as the pipe cools, it comes back together nice and tight.  However, over time (500 miles or so for me) it won't mate up as nicely and I have to loosen and reposition the shields to get it back to where I want it.

Hope this information helps.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:15:24 PM by Envithyx »
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2011, 01:25:17 PM »

I like the pipe.  Looks cleaner than the 2 into 2 for me personally, and supposed to be a bit more power given the 2 into 1 design.

As for volume, took a db meter to it using a c weight and measured behind the pipe at about 1 foot distance - probably not the same distance used by standard volume measurements.  I registered 102 decibels at idle, and 106 decibels when I reved it in neutral up to about 2k rpms - tested the volume when that crazy law was passed by our Governor.

When on the freeway, it's not too loud.  The faster you go, the quieter it seems as the wind noise picks up.  Also, given the angle of the pipe, the noise is thrown down at the ground.  At 80 MPH, it is just a bit louder than the monster ovals I have on my limited.  However, if you hit WOT, you'll definitely hear it.  If you are very careful, you can sneak into your neighborhood and not wake most of the neighbors.  Although, I do know my neighboor 2 houses down who rides can hear me start it up.  He couldn't hear the stock pipes on the Limited even when I rode it past his house.

As for the sound, kinda hard to describe this one.  It's not as deep as the monster ovals at idle, but it still has that Harley sound.  I especially like the sound it makes on decel, which is deep and throaty.

I've already have had one incident where 3 cars were flying through a blind corner at a gas station, as I was comming around the other side.  The 1st car turned left to come my direction, the 2nd was going to turn right without stopping, and the 3rd was trying to get around the 2nd car as if he was in his way.  As soon as I saw the 1st car, I cracked the throttle (was quicker to hit than my horn  :P), he about all but locked up his brakes and continued his turn at a slow pace.  The 2nd car stopped in his tracks and the 3rd had no choice but to stop slightly to the right of the 2nd.  So the pipes can get driver's attention.  Mind you I was only going about 10 MPH so I really wasn't even worried about hitting them.  I was a bit more worried about them hitting me or anyone else.

I've also had another bike (forget make, but very quiet running) follow me down Hwy 80 when I was splitting lanes.  I thought he wanted to pass, so I moved over.  He beckoned me to take lead again.  I guess he figured I could make the cars more aware we were comming down increasing his safety.  :nixweiss:

As for feel, hard to say what I feel, the engine or the pipes.  I would say there is a nice level of acoustic vibration that the pipes will send your way when your opening up the throttle.  The chrome quality is very good and easy to maintain.  There is one caveat I'm having with the pipe though.  The heat shields tend to separate with heat expansion in the middle (between the rear shield, and the two shields that cover the headers).  The separation is usually no more than 1/4 inch and as the pipe cools, it comes back together nice and tight.  However, over time (500 miles or so for me) it won't mate up as nicely and I have to loosen and reposition the shields to get it back to where I want it.

Hope this information helps.  ;D

Great to hear it in such detail; thanks a bunch!  I certainly prefer the 2 into 1 over the 2 into 2 and you've justified my purchase. 

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2011, 02:10:22 PM »

Does this count ? The springer is from an H-D Bad Boy.

B B

sandlapper

« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2011, 11:23:41 PM »

2009 FXSTSSE3

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 11:26:12 PM by sandlapper »

harleydave

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE 3
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2011, 07:33:53 AM »

With
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Page created in 0.484 seconds with 22 queries.