Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Feuling 574 Cam in a 110"  (Read 72785 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Feuling 574 Cam in a 110"
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 04:58:52 PM »

JCZ,
Who tuned it?
Awww come on Bob.....you know it was some ol' wanna be road racer that just loves to tinker now. :)
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 05:38:26 PM »

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 06:10:56 PM »

That's right.....but have you ever wondered what 128 ft. lbs of torque would be like to just twist the throttle? :o

JCZ,

Nope don't wonder about it, I know.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 10:31:02 AM »

Feuling Parts have a new line of "Reaper" camshafts for the Twin Cam Engines.
 A few weeks ago I used the 574 in a 95" build that performed very well. I wanted to give this a try in a 110 even thought the compression calculators have the CCP's on the low side due to the 45 degree intake close and the large chamber the 110 heads have.
Here are the specs on the new camshafts:

The CCP on the bike with the stock cams was 205 and with the 574 cams it is 190 which is better than the calcualtors state it should be. I used JCZ's bike as a Guinea Pig, other mods are a gutted cat and fullsack 1.75" cores in the stock muffler cans. The results are very good and we are very pleased with the performance of this cam. Attached is the dyno sheet

Am I the only one with these cams and no head work?  I'd have thought with these numbers (and my bike being the guinea pig) there would be more people going this route on the 110".
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 10:35:45 AM »

I thought the dyno sheet would copy over when I quoted that first post..........here it is.

West Coast GTG   

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE (Candy Concord)
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »

JCZ....I've spoke with Jim about this cam vs. the Andrews and I will be following your lead on this one as well, however, we are still in the middle of winter here in NH and I won't have the opportunity to be put any miles on the bike until April.  Since it just arrived at the dealership, I want to break it in (500-1000miles) before I swap the cam and tune. 

The dyno numbers look great, so now that you have put some additional miles on the engine since your original install and post....how does it ride/perform? Any regrets or additional recommendations?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2010, 11:16:50 AM »

I'm due for my 10k service, so you know I've been riding all winter long.

I am very happy with what I have.....and that's why I bumped the thread.  For somebody looking to keep the inside of the motor (heads, etc) stock but looking for more performance, especially in the riding range (but really all the way through the power band), this is certainly about the most economical way of achieving the goal.

Jim wanted to bump compression a bit however I was resistant to that.  Didn't want the expense of shaving heads however, I believe I could have gone with the thinner gaskets and achieved it that way.  Anyway, I am curious what the numbers would have been and the power curves had a bumped compression. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE (Candy Concord)
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2010, 12:21:37 PM »

JCZ, thanks for the update...I won't be bumping compression either.  If I get close to those numbers I will be more than satisfied.  I've been riding a custom VROD for the last five years and have had my taste of horsepower and buying rear tires...time to settle down a little and enjoy the ride.

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2010, 01:34:27 PM »

I had my dealer call Jim and talk about installing this cam in my bike. I had him order the cams and will do the install as so as they arrive. DelNel
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2010, 01:39:13 PM »

Numbers look better than the 54's I put in mine!

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 02:12:55 PM »

The 54s have their place and then are done, no head changes or cubes will bring them alive.
I would like to see these 574s tested with my heads.

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2010, 08:34:03 PM »

JC,

Jim did the same for my 09 SERG as he did your SESG just days after yours was complete.  I have Bassani FLH-509s instead of the Fulsacs.  I went to Jim after getting recommendations from this site.  I didn't like how luggy the bike was when trying to pass at around 60 mph.  Talked to Jim and he showed me your bike, what he planned to do, if it worked the way he planned and if he was happy with the performance then he would order another cam and do the same to mine. (I was a little suspicious thinking that if you didn't like it then, I would literally get yours!)  Jim has the dyno numbers and chart and can put them out if he'd like.  My numbers were a little different than yours since I think the Bassani's have a 2" core but basically close to the same.

All I know is that it gets up and goes now. (A little too easy, I'm always having to let off and slow down to 65)

I'm very happy with all the Metal Dragon work and I've recommend Jim to a lot of riders I see.  Some seem surprised that they don't have to go to the dealer.  I need to get more of his business cards to hand out.   
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2010, 09:09:58 PM »

JC,

Jim did the same for my 09 SERG as he did your SESG just days after yours was complete.  I have Bassani FLH-509s instead of the Fulsacs.  I went to Jim after getting recommendations from this site.  I didn't like how luggy the bike was when trying to pass at around 60 mph.  Talked to Jim and he showed me your bike, what he planned to do, if it worked the way he planned and if he was happy with the performance then he would order another cam and do the same to mine. (I was a little suspicious thinking that if you didn't like it then, I would literally get yours!)  Jim has the dyno numbers and chart and can put them out if he'd like.  My numbers were a little different than yours since I think the Bassani's have a 2" core but basically close to the same.

All I know is that it gets up and goes now. (A little too easy, I'm always having to let off and slow down to 65)

I'm very happy with all the Metal Dragon work and I've recommend Jim to a lot of riders I see.  Some seem surprised that they don't have to go to the dealer.  I need to get more of his business cards to hand out.   

Sounds like another satisfied customer of Jim's and equally satisfied with the Fueling 574 cams. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2010, 12:49:14 PM »

.....  Jim has the dyno numbers and chart and can put them out if he'd like.  My numbers were a little different than yours since I think the Bassani's have a 2" core but basically close to the same..........

Here is your dyno run: Tuned by FLTRI (Dyno Bob)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2010, 01:50:21 PM »

The 54s have their place and then are done, no head changes or cubes will bring them alive.
I would like to see these 574s tested with my heads.

If you're looking for a guinea pig, I'm happy with where I'm at, but I'm sure somebody with a 110" motor that's going to go with the Fueling 574 cams  would be willing to swap you a set of stock heads for a set of yours. :nixweiss:  It'd be some cheap advertising for you on this forum, that's for sure! :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 21 queries.