Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Cold Idle Problems with the FLHTCUSE  (Read 11131 times)

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Cold Idle Problems with the FLHTCUSE
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 06:01:25 PM »

2up, not to add to the confusion here, but Yukla and GC are talking about two different things--concerning map 141MP002 which GC posted above, it's one of the new maps included with the latest version of the SERT (4.5.2).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 07:13:01 PM by jdracing8rbb »
Jeff
Fremont, CA

2005 Cherry SEEG, V&H Dresser Duals, Samson Rolled Thunder Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Race Tuner

2005 Sierra Red/Silver Dyna Low Rider (Wife's ride), SE Tapered Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Stage

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 09:08:59 PM »

My dealership is telling me the same as UltraFXR except he still contends that it will be in on tomorrow. FR8TRN...I do not have the SE Breather on the new bike, was waiting to get the thing running right. I like the SERT on the 02 SERK and may go to that when I decide what I am going to do with pipes and the breather.
[highlight]I will be very interested in seeing how this works because the shop is going to do the same load with a bone stock bike (mine) and one that has slip ons, and SE Breather, and a Vance and Hines Tuner...don't make a lot of sense that a flash would fix the other bike.[/highlight]I think there may be something more to this problem.

Cheers,
Yukla
Now it's starting to make more sense to me.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 12:48:41 AM »

Just took delivery of my Haze on Friday (had second thoughts of doing it on the 13th :o) Had some trouble getting it into neutral while at the dealership and noticed a little coughing as I was giving it a little gas.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 12:51:43 AM by magicl1 »
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 09:07:41 AM »

Magicl, welcome and congrats on the new SEUG.  You may want to run a tank or two through her before making a decision on cold idle problems.  It takes about this long for the ecm and efi systems to tune and talk to each other and adjust.  Your system is brand new and needs to make it's adjustments.  Same thing if you have you bike shipped say to Daytona or to the rockies...you may experience some idle problems until you run her a bit.  Enjoy the ride!  
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

Mike103

• Junior CVO Member
  • High on the HOG
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 09:33:44 AM »

Jvall...I got the word today, Jan 25th is the shipping date for the cartridges. Not sure when they will hit the shop.

2Up...yes, it is a flash for the current ECM and it DOES require a cartridge. We are being told that the MoCo will NOT release this version except this way. Not sure why but we think it has something to do with fixing a production vehicle with a non-EPA flash. I have no idea at this point, I do know that the better get something together and fix this problem ASAP.

Cheers all,

bigmanken

• Junior CVO Member
  • They think I have lost my mind.
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006, 07:14:52 PM »

I had the problem develope after the first hundred miles. It would choke and spit until warm. The solution to mine was very simple, the dealer just cleared a bad code. It went away and never appeared again.

I know I was lucky. I sincerely hope your solution will be that simple.

DREBBIN

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA # 22419
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2006, 06:55:38 AM »

I am wondering if anyone is having the same problem I am. I saw a few references to it in an old thread about "Engine Knock" (I hope that problem is resolved now). When my bike has been sitting in the cold for a while it will not stay running until it warms up. It chokes and spits and throws white smoke out the right side unless you hold the throttle up to around 1500 rpm until warm. The dealership first flashed the ECM and that didn't work then the MoCo suggested it might be a Idle Air Control Stepper motor, replaced and still having problem. Now there is another one in the shop for the same thing and the MoCo has authorized the shop to download a stage 1 flash into the ECM. Will have to wait and see. When it is warm, there is no problem whatsoever.
Ever hear of this on others? What was the final resolution if you have had this?
Thanks for the help and this great site!

Yukla (Alaskan for Eagle)

Wow. I've had some real lousy issues with HD but nothing like this so far on the SE.  I ride mine in all weather. Fired it up yesterday when it was 22 degrees. Did 177 leisurely miles.  No problems.  Keep us informed. DREBBIN
IBA # 22419
SS1K
SS1K

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

Wondering if there has been an update for a fix to a STOCK SET UP for the cold starting problems.

When I start my bike, I let it idle for 2-3 minutes without any throttle revs.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 02:57:54 PM by magicl1 »

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2006, 01:55:21 PM »

Wondering if there has been an update for a fix to a stock set up for the cold starting problems.

When I start my bike, I let it idle for 2-3 minutes without any throttle revs.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2006, 02:56:56 PM »

Mine is still stock.  Sounds like some replies have mentioned an update (EPA Approval) for the stock set up to resolve.  Looking for any updates with regards to this application.

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006, 07:56:36 PM »

My CUSE is still stock, after I start and idle for a min. or 2 we ride away. About 1/4 mile is our first stop sign, the bike will cough, maybe stall. First time I was starting a turn and it stalled, almost dropped! This past Sat. (1-21-06)it stalled and wouldn't start, had to push out of traffic's way, finally started and was fine the rest of the day. Took in Monday (1-23-06) for 1000 mile service, told service mgr, tech looked and said that with this BIG an engine I need to warm up longer?????? I am a Diesel Mechanic by trade, for 26 years now, I WARM THINGS UP! 1 min. of warm up, 1/4 mile riding, IT'S WARM! Told serv. mgr, I have the complaint on file, if this bike stalls on the RR tracks or in an intersection you will be in a HOT SEAT! It's not right, and is too lean, I know what it needs, but I paid alot to have to spend another bunch of $$$$ to have it the way it should have been in the first place. Will be in contact with the owner about the other issue (paint)(Dah) this weekend, will bring this up as well.  Wrongway
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 07:57:53 PM by Wrongway »

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2006, 08:41:04 PM »

Spoke to service mgr this afternoon and asked him to call MOCO for any updates on this issue.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 08:42:19 PM by magicl1 »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2006, 10:31:40 PM »

Wrongway,

I had the same problem with my '05 SEEG - when cold (below 55), it would fire and immediately stall, then it would start, run at maybe 800-850 rpm, and then hiccup and stall after 30 seconds.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006, 12:06:33 PM »

I know others have posted comments about this "Cold Start" issue but thought I would provide the latest from this HD Service Manager.  Before he called, he was not aware of any issues and wanted to run the bike through tests.  The sales manager was aware of my concerns and followed up with the Service Manager to make the call. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  This was the e-mail I got from the Service Manager this morning.

"WE SPOKE TO HARLEY THIS MORNING ABOUT YOUR BIKE AND THEY ARE AWARE OF THE ISSUSE, THEY ARE WORKING ON AN UPDATE FOR YOUR COMPUTER. THEY ARE HOPING TO HAVE IT BY EARLY FEBRUARY. I WILL CALL YOU AS SOON AS I GET NOTIFCATION OF THE UPDATE TO GET YOUR BIKE IN."

Although somewhat frustrating, I am pleased with their efforts to get involved.  Now it's just up to the MOCO. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Oh yeah, I started my bike again this morning and experienced the following:

1 min 30 seconds into the warm-up, the first "cut out" occurred but it kept running.  25 seconds later the second "cut out" occurred but the engine died.  I started it up again after 10 seconds and 30 seconds later it cut out and died again.  Started up again and did not experience any interruptions (some rough idle but I expect that when still warming up).  Was idling at about 1,000 rpm.

hdhiwayman

• Junior CVO Member
  • The nut between the handle bars and the saddle
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006, 12:42:53 PM »

majic1
I'll be starting mine cold probably tomorrow I'll post any problems or lack there of.
Carl
2006 SE Autum Haze
Freedom Power package
A little bling bling
2002 Road King
Stage 2: Andrews cams w/Rineharts true duals and DFO
Too much to list
Yes I am a chromeaholic
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.