Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bad chrome  (Read 856 times)

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
bad chrome
« on: March 05, 2010, 07:09:35 PM »

After three and a half months and four wheels later I was forced to accept a replacement front wheel with inferior chrome. I was told "all replacement wheels" most likely have chrome issues. The problems are blemishes and nicks. I'm not really that picky...the dealer  has been pointing out the spots and nicks that are obvious.  My original wheel was perfect until the center bearing edge was bumped and the chrome chipped during the rotor replacement by the dealer. Moco gave me a case # when I called to complain several months ago.. I have a feeling I am getting sh*t on for complaining. The new norm is "seconds" quality and Dissatisfaction. any one else get "seconds" with chrome? :-\     
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: bad chrome
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 07:34:09 PM »

After three and a half months and four wheels later I was forced to accept a replacement front wheel with inferior chrome. I was told "all replacement wheels" most likely have chrome issues. The problems are blemishes and nicks. I'm not really that picky...the dealer  has been pointing out the spots and nicks that are obvious.  My original wheel was perfect until the center bearing edge was bumped and the chrome chipped during the rotor replacement by the dealer. Moco gave me a case # when I called to complain several months ago.. I have a feeling I am getting sh*t on for complaining. The new norm is "seconds" quality and Dissatisfaction. any one else get "seconds" with chrome? :-\     

Have you spoken with anyone above the level of clerk at the MoCo?  You shouldn't have to put up with less than what you had originally, and there is no valid reason that "replacement wheels most likely have chrome issues".  That's BS, plain and simple.  If they are trying to pawn off rejects and seconds on people buying these wheels as an accessory, wouldn't you think the typical customer would refuse to plunk down $2600 for a pair of "seconds" (MSRP in the accessory catalog for one front, one rear)?  If anything, I would expect the wheels sold through the accessory side of the business to be better than those in production, if H-D actually wants to sell any of them.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 11:58:55 AM »

I agree. I can not imagine why the moco would ship 4 wheels back and forth and then give me the option of accepting a "seconds" wheel? I'm not sure how far up the ladder one must go or if it can make a difference. Seems like tough times for HD and the "5 foot" rule applies for defects! :drink:
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

bearingman

• CVO1: Silver FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »

It took three tries for me to get a good rear wheel.  Some of the defects were small, but with the replacement cost so high, I wasn't taking no for an answer.  I documented the defects with pictures and pushed till I got what I wanted.  Don't give in and accept seconds!
Some days you're the windshield; some days you're the bug.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.