Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 07 SERK side bags  (Read 3175 times)

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: 07 SERK side bags
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 10:48:29 AM »

I have a set of the 07' SERG saddlebags installed on my 06' RK and I have an extra set sitting on a shelf collecting dust. I bought the extra set for insurance if the set on my bike get damaged or warped but that hasn't happened and they still look good. One of these days I might decide to sell them on ebay and order myself some stretched saddlebags painted to match the custom paint on the RK.

MrEd

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 04:09:11 PM »

I spent all of last night digging up past posts on the site, all the way back to 2006 lol.  Saw Ghost Riders SERK when he first got it, all the ones that had hard bags done, saw when Hoist was doing his.  Nice flames by the way  :2vrolijk_21:.  All the ones that complained about sags and such in the leather bags, hell of a lot of searching and reading.  A few things I came away with....

1) To some degree it's normal for the leather to sag when wet (no wonder mine sag so bad, it rains 9 months out of the year here)

2) I'm definately going to get a set of hard bags to switch out for my leather ones (to help save them from worse weathering)

3) Everyone loves Gene's paint work and I'm very fortunate that his place of business is just 20 minutes from me.  I can actually see him in person with the bike and talk about what I would like.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 05:23:24 PM »

I spent all of last night digging up past posts on the site, all the way back to 2006 lol.  Saw Ghost Riders SERK when he first got it, all the ones that had hard bags done, saw when Hoist was doing his.  Nice flames by the way  :2vrolijk_21:.  All the ones that complained about sags and such in the leather bags, hell of a lot of searching and reading.  A few things I came away with....

1) To some degree it's normal for the leather to sag when wet (no wonder mine sag so bad, it rains 9 months out of the year here)

2) I'm definately going to get a set of hard bags to switch out for my leather ones (to help save them from worse weathering)

3) Everyone loves Gene's paint work and I'm very fortunate that his place of business is just 20 minutes from me.  I can actually see him in person with the bike and talk about what I would like.

Excellent plan.   :2vrolijk_21:

lee champion

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 01:42:12 PM »

what hard bags do i buy for my 07 SERK?

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 02:11:48 PM »

Here is a thread from where I had my hard bags done. I absolutely would not go back to the leather bags for any reason.  If Gene's so close that's a no brainer.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=45771.msg706931#msg706931
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 02:18:46 PM by Jbbrown73 »
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 03:34:32 PM »

I bought mine off eBay and I think they were from an '01 or '02 RK. The newer hard bags are a different material (plastic vs. fiberglass or something like that), but I'm real happy with mine.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.