Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got hit at 60 mph in september and still getting surgerys  (Read 1365 times)

elvis4849

• 01 road king efi twin cam 88
Got hit at 60 mph in september and still getting surgerys
« on: April 03, 2010, 01:46:51 AM »

me and my girl got hit in the end of september in the country at a unmarked intersection. corn was up but bike was loud and lady said she heard me for a couple of min befor the wreck and still dint slow down. corn was up dint even see her commin. she was doin sixty and i was about the same . i got 3 broken ribs puncherd lung, 3 fracured verderby in my kneck broke my wrist, broke my right sholder. pulled all my tendents in my left knee broke and splinterd my right fibula [top leg bone} missing 2 inch of bone in it. broke the tibula 'bottem bone] and the other bottem bone in my right leg. my girl got the same that i had in my right leg with broken toes and fracurd her hip and her splein bursted, she had to be revived in helecopter and 4 pints of blood. she is all better except the theiopy to try to get rid of her limp. she was in hospital for a month and a half and when home with home incare. i was in hospital for 2 month then to a nursing home because i could barly sit up was in there for about 2 month and now im home. have had four sugerys on my right leg alone and have one more on it on the 13th. it only bends to 85 degrees and they think it might max at 90 whitch is ok but a normal person is 120. and the hosptial messed up and dint do the sugery to my left knee within 3 weeks of it happing and now there telling me i might have to wear a brace on it for the reast of my life. so theres my story and im new here. i just got my settle ment and picked up a 01 roadking with the fuel injected 88 twin cam trying to find decent price places to buy stuff. if you got any ideas lmk. i know about jyra and jp and ovcorse ebay. thanks for reading i know this is long
Pokey Waz Here

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Got hit at 60 mph in september and still getting surgerys
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 06:35:18 AM »

Dayum all that and still bought another one. Good look with your rehab, hope your improvement is steady. This site will help you spend money sometimes with little discretion to frugality.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 08:11:27 AM »

Welcome to the board. :2vrolijk_21:

Man, your story brought back some memories.  About five-six years ago I drove into the back of a box van that stopped quicker than I could (I was looking back over my shoulder to see if it was O.K. to cut back in front of the car I'd just passed when he stopped all of a sudden, in the fast lane).

Was in the hospital for two months, seven surgeries there and several more after I got out.  Shattered my left jaw, left arm, left hip and left knee and leg.  After I got out of the hospital eventually they were able to get me out of bed and I was in a wheel chair for months (shattered arm and leg so I couldn't use crutches). Then finally a walker and eventually back to a cane. 

I don't walk the same......can't run at all but I'm grateful just to be able to walk!  But for a long period of time it seemed like I'd never be able to ride again.  I've put about 75,000 miles on since then.  So hang out here for awhile and just trust that where ever you're at right now in your recovery, it will get better.  The docs now days just really can do a lot over time. :2vrolijk_21:

Where do you live....what state and city?  Sounds like Nebraska...........or Calif. when you mention the corn. :)
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

elvis4849

• 01 road king efi twin cam 88
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 09:46:59 AM »

just south of chaicago il
Pokey Waz Here

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 10:05:41 AM »

I hate cornfields. Been run off the road more than once! Welcome aboard!

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.