Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Milpitas CA I-880 Accident - Sweedish Tour Group  (Read 2505 times)

HackNDos

• Junior CVO Member
    • Weather in my neck of the woods
Milpitas CA I-880 Accident - Sweedish Tour Group
« on: May 28, 2010, 01:07:12 PM »

Seems a group of sweedish riders part of a tour group ran into some problems yesterday.

My prayers are with them and the families.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_15175863
Paul

--------

You ever stop to think.... and forget to start again?

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: Milpitas CA I-880 Accident - Sweedish Tour Group
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 11:58:49 AM »

Sure do hate to hear that, my prayers go out to them all.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
Re: Milpitas CA I-880 Accident - Sweedish Tour Group
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 03:49:17 AM »

Woman killed in motorcycle crash on I-880 was visiting from Germany with tour group

By Ian Bauer Milpitas Post
Posted: 05/28/2010 03:56:11 PM PDT
Updated: 05/28/2010 10:55:35 PM PDT

The vehicle crash on Interstate 880 in Milpitas Thursday killed a woman from Germany riding as a passenger on a motorcycle, California Highway Patrol reported.
CHP and multiple police and fire agencies responded to the collision between a vehicle and a motorcycle just before 1:30 p.m. Thursday on southbound I-880 near Montague Expressway.
Brandie Dressel, a CHP spokesperson, said a silver Harley Davidson E-Glide motorcycle was traveling southbound on I-880 in the fast lane at 70 mph.
"That Harley Davidson made a lane change in front of a white International tank truck," Dressel said.
She said the truck driver veered to the right to avoid a collision, but the truck's load shifted left, so the vehicle swerved leftward again and collided into a couple riding on a trailing Harley Davidson Fat Boy motorcycle.
"That collision actually caused the passenger to be ejected from the motorcycle, resulting in fatal injuries," Dressel said.
The man driving the motorcycle suffered major injuries and was taken to Regional Medical Center of San Jose.
"He's still in critical condition," she said.
Dressel confirmed that both victims were part of a large motorcycle group from Germany touring the area.
The name of the woman who died is not being released pending notification of family.
Dressel said drugs or alcohol do not appear to be contributing factors in this collision. She added that no charges were filed against the truck's 28-year-old male driver.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.