Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chrome Popping on Mirrors  (Read 790 times)

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Chrome Popping on Mirrors
« on: June 03, 2010, 11:26:19 PM »

Mirrors on my bike have looked like crap since new, chrome was thin around ribs on frt side and had started to pit/pop off. I told Ser Mgr (Brian) @ Jims HD and he got me a new set without ever seeing them. Had bike in today for update on ABS (light stayed on all the time). When I picked it up new mirrors were on, major improvement, nice smooth chrome.
Good service by dealer, smooth better looking chrome on mirrors.

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
Re: Chrome Popping on Mirrors
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 11:32:02 PM »

I had one mirror replaced under warranty due to peeling chrome as well. Still waiting for the other mirror to start peeling. Parts guy told me that mirrors are subject to a lot of wind/debris/whatever and that's why the chrome peels. Ya, right!

sem_bunda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 Electric Orange
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 05:42:17 PM »

Mirrors on my bike have looked like crap since new, chrome was thin around ribs on frt side and had started to pit/pop off. I told Ser Mgr (Brian) @ Jims HD and he got me a new set without ever seeing them. Had bike in today for update on ABS (light stayed on all the time). When I picked it up new mirrors were on, major improvement, nice smooth chrome.
Good service by dealer, smooth better looking chrome on mirrors.

Do you park it under cover/garaged?  Just curious as I have 18k and have been in every kind of riding except tornado and have not had any peeling.  Glad they fixed you up right.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 02:38:34 PM »

Stays in garage with soft cotton cover all the time when not on the road. Washed at least once a week, more often if necessary. Chrome on mirrors was just to thin and the  surface prep was poor before they chromed them.
New ones look like mirror, very happy.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.