Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another Starting Problem  (Read 825 times)

vrog

• Senior CVO Member
Another Starting Problem
« on: June 11, 2010, 07:45:41 PM »

My 2008 SERK is having the starting problem that I have read all too much about on this forum. Here is my question. I have Rinehart true duals with a PCIIIUSB. I figured I would have them replace the ACR's, while I was at it check the starter. Hw wanted to start with the starter first.The starter was rebuilt as the clutchs were bad ( I think thats what he said ). Put the starter back in and started it up, had the same awful sound. I said lets replace the ACR's now.

This guy actually thinks rather than just throwing in the new ones ( Very Nice Guy too ) so he tests them before installing new ones. Long story short, the ACR's are not working but if he tests them on a battery they work. He then determines that when he starts the bike, it loses ground. He decides to eliminate the PCIIIUSB all together and the bike starts fine every single time. Any thoughts? Could the PCIIIUSB be bad? The bike runs great and pulls real strong. I remember reading about the ACR's being turned off when people put the SERT on their bikes. But I figured that the PCIIIUSB is just a piggy back system and that should not be the case. I guess the next step is to call Dynojet and see what they think. For now I cross my fingers everytime it starts. I know better than to hold the button down, just do more of a quick push to eliminate that awful sound.

Perhaps trading it in on a 2010 Candy Concord SESG might be the best thing to do :drink: :nixweiss:

hawgzilla

• Full CVO Member
Re: Another Starting Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 07:54:52 PM »

MANY PC111's were shipped without the ACR circuits in the harness.  Our dealership sent all of the PC111's back for the fix.  They will fix it for free but of course you will be without it during the turn around.

vrog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 08:04:39 PM »

MANY PC111's were shipped without the ACR circuits in the harness.  Our dealership sent all of the PC111's back for the fix.  They will fix it for free but of course you will be without it during the turn around.

Thanks! That is great information to have when I call them I will ask if that could be the case.

vrog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 06:53:48 PM »

Just wanted to update anyone who may be having this problem. It was in fact my PCIII USB, the unit never had the ACR harness in it. DynoJet sent me a brand new one! Great customer service, well other than I sent it next day air and they sent it regular ground on the way back lol

Bike starts great and you can actually hear the ACR's click on when you turn the power on then that familiar squish squish squish noise when cranking it over.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.