Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "The Big Twin High-Performance Guide" by D. William Denish  (Read 5259 times)

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
"The Big Twin High-Performance Guide" by D. William Denish
« on: August 06, 2010, 10:23:30 AM »

I recently picked up a used copy of D. William Denish's, "The Big Twin High-Performance Guide" on ebay for less than it's cover price.  I've been wanting to increase the performance of my FXR3 beyond stage 1 (exhaust, induction and ignition) and had been searching for books out there that would offer good information.  After googling then reading some online reviews of books on the subject, I took a shot on several.  But "The Big Twin High-Performance Guide" seems to me to be the most informative and comprehensive book out there on the subject of increasing torque and hp for the evolution motor.  Unfortunately, the book is out of print and online sellers such as Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com are pricing used copies of the book at anywhere from $60.00 to $200.00+, depending on the condition of the book. After doing a little more research, I learned that this book was one in a series of three by the Denish - the other two are titled, "The V-Twin Tuner's Guide Vol. l and Vol. ll.  These also are out of print and go for high prices online compared to their original prices of @$30.00.

Other books on increasing the performance of the 80" evolution motor are "How to Power Tune Harley-Davidson 1340 Evolution Engines" by Des Hammil, which is also very good; "American V-Twin Engine Hop-Up and Repair", by Tim Remus; and two similar books by Tom Murphy titled, "Harley-Davidson Big Twin Performance Handbook" and "The Big Book of Harley-Davidson Horsepower". IMO though, Denish's book is much better than the others I mentioned.  It seems that while there are hundreds of opinions on how to increase performance, there are very few good books on the subject. If anyone knows of other good books on the subject, please let me know.  Or if someone has the V-Twin Tuner's Guide Vol. 1 or 2 that they're selling for a reasonable price, let me know.  Thanks.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: "The Big Twin High-Performance Guide" by D. William Denish
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 06:32:46 AM »

Those have good info in them, but do not consider them gospel.
If your interested in this type of reading, check out "Smokey Yunick's Power Tuning Secrets", it is automotive info, but mucho knowledge between those covers, and can be applied.
Scott

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
Re: "The Big Twin High-Performance Guide" by D. William Denish
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 07:32:24 PM »

Thanks Scott. I'll try to find a copy online.

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.