Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Does you're 2011 feel like the gearing is higher?  (Read 12397 times)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Does you're 2011 feel like the gearing is higher?
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 10:41:55 AM »

Look into a speedo-healer:

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

I've used these in the past (not on a harley) and they work GREAT for calibrating the speedometer. Install was plug 'n' play (but again ... no experience with HD install). Good customer/tech support as well. Retail around $115 I think.

Hope this helps ...

:nixweiss: I'd be getting one of these too since I'm about to do the pulley/belt swap also HOWEVER,  if you review another post on here re: 30T, etc.  which is discussing the same topic.............I think within there is says that making (over a 5%) correction to your speedo.......WILL cause you to lose "Cruise control" capability since the black box won't accept a deviation over 5%.   So far,   Only those with the TTS setup can correct their speedo and NOT lose cruise.

If anyone knows another way to do  it (I don't have the TTS),  please advise.   Course if you don't have cruise,  no big deal.

Proctor

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 11:19:36 AM »

:nixweiss: I'd be getting one of these too since I'm about to do the pulley/belt swap also HOWEVER,  if you review another post on here re: 30T, etc.  which is discussing the same topic.............I think within there is says that making (over a 5%) correction to your speedo.......WILL cause you to lose "Cruise control" capability since the black box won't accept a deviation over 5%.   So far,   Only those with the TTS setup can correct their speedo and NOT lose cruise.

If anyone knows another way to do  it (I don't have the TTS),  please advise.   Course if you don't have cruise,  no big deal.

My dealer used a unit from Dakota Digital.  They set the speed back to factory specs on the dyno and the cruise and 6th gear light work fine.  I have a SERT on mine.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/Category_ID=519/home_id=-1/mode=cat/cat519.htm
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 11:26:18 AM by Proctor »
Ported 11.1 heads, Wiseco pistons, T-mans 662-2 cams, SE 58mm T-body, SEST, V&H power duals with Hi Output, Timken bearing, welded and balanced crank .     129.62hp 127.22tq

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 04:35:18 PM »

:nixweiss:
Well,  maybe yours works OK,  but per this posting,  this guys did NOT.

Re: 30T and HAPPY!
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2011, 08:54:50 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: gordy on February 20, 2011, 01:14:20 AM
Seen somewhere the -1 belt is HD 40056-07, is that right?

Gates 77560 139t belt from Drag is what I found that worked on my 2010.

This gearing threw my speedo of about 10%
Gps reads 50mph = speedo reads 55mph
Gps reads 64mph  = speedo reads 70mph

Dakota digital sells a speed correction box I put on mine and got it dead on but then the 6th gear light wouldnt work and the cruse wouldnt turn on. Seems the computer has a 5% correction error on the adjustment and anything outside that the computer wont know its in 6 th gear. But if you don`t mine the the speedo error everything works great.

From what I have read the TTS Mastertune letd you actually tell the ECM what the true gearing is and the speedo corrected to true ground speed .
ASK STEVE COLE
The bike is running on the torque curve like it should now. 

Proctor

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 04:31:45 PM »

Yep, with the dakota unit, you do have to set back to factory specs.
Ported 11.1 heads, Wiseco pistons, T-mans 662-2 cams, SE 58mm T-body, SEST, V&H power duals with Hi Output, Timken bearing, welded and balanced crank .     129.62hp 127.22tq

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 12:36:42 PM »

:nixweiss:

Well,   here we seem to have different results with some of those using the Dakota Digital deal to correct the speedo error.  One says after using it,  the 6th gear lite and also the "cruise control" no longer functioned......another says those things still worked after adding the D.Digital device. :confused5:

Anybody try out the Speed healer mentioned earlier in this post and if so,  did it fu** up the cruise control..........I'd like to know. :drink: 

Beach Bagger

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2011, 10:42:43 PM »

I have zero experience with bakers 7 speed. My first question would be why? Even a 125 two stoke with a lightswitch powerband
only needs a 6 speed. Final drive is final drive regardless of how many gears it has. If your looking for efficiency and milage, you have
to spend your time in a 1 to 1 gear ratio not bogging the engine out of closed loop into the richer section of the fuel map.

SG

Steve, what size belt did you go with?  139 tooth?  Is there enough adjustment room to tension the belt to the proper spec if you did use a 139T?

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 09:05:55 AM »

:cherry:
I'm just now seeing this post again for the first time in a few months.  Update........I have now done the 30T sprocket swap with a 139T belt and did NOT lose my cruise control.  It works just fine and so does the 6th speed lite.  Of course,  my speedo is off a little, but no big deal.

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 10:22:44 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: Cool, might just need to do this 30T, -1, TTS thing. Not sure if I'm gonna stay with the Rinehart's or go Fullsac X w/2" baffles. Gotta get past being timid about the dang warranty before I do any cam work. But then I need to be in the US to do anything huh.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 08:08:04 PM »

The gearing is the same from 09-2011. 2.87 final drive. The 30T will drop it to 3.06. The gearing chart says 2994 RPM at 75 mph with the 3.06
Stock speedos are 6% fast with a new tire. I see this everyday on the dyno. As the tire wears they get even faster. I run the 3.06 on my 107.
I very cautiously went to the 31 and then the 30T. Amazing improvement everywhere. Another benefit for me, quieter exhaust at 75-80.
The motor is laboring as much and makes less noise with less throttle required to maintain speed. The girlfriend thought I was testing new mufflers
and commented on how quiet they were. Less vibration too. Its truly one of those overlooked and underated mods. Stock 6 speed are over geared.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance

Your girlfriend was happy with LESS vibration..hmmmm
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2011, 11:51:38 AM »

:vrolijk_5:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.291 seconds with 22 queries.