Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: man down  (Read 22621 times)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
man down
« on: May 25, 2004, 10:17:47 AM »

JC,s wife left message on my cel phone last night  that jc is at san fran general after accident,tone of her voice leads me to believe its not to bad.  i returned her call this morning (got message) will call again when i get to work and give up-date------------ak
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: man down
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 11:16:06 AM »

AK, pass along a get well soon from me if you get a chance to talk to JC
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 01:16:13 PM »

more serious that first inpression broken leg,arm,jaw  he was spliting lanes in backed up city traffic and a cage changed lanes in front of him ------ he,s in surgory today i,m planning to go to san fran thursday for visit  and will update friday-----ak

cei600

• Junior CVO Member
  • Nothing Else Comes Close
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 01:47:34 PM »

Best Wishes and Get Well soon JC [smiley=oops.gif]

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 02:27:50 PM »

Ak, tell him Psycho say's "hey" and to get well soon.

SERK103

• Full CVO Member
  • ride it like you stole it !!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 08:38:57 PM »

We should all say a prayer for his speedy recovery.  He's a guy that really has put a lot into this site and made friends with lots of us.....you just never know.  
stock for now

starvin

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 08:49:32 PM »

AK......let him know where all hoping for a quick and Full recovery.

Skooby

• Full CVO Member
  • Have you kicked your tires lately?
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 09:05:05 PM »

AK.... hey,  tell JC I'm with him in prayer and hope he has a speedy recovery!
'03 FLHRSEI2

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 10:17:18 PM »

JC...Your in in my prayers... [smiley=angel.gif] know ya will be back soon.
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

microwave

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 01:30:37 AM »

get well soon jc and a speedy recovery  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
got beer?

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 11:43:14 AM »

JC get well soon, you will definately be in my prayers!!!
[smiley=ons_5.gif]
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 05:22:34 PM »

You'll be in our prayers. Get well soon [smiley=angel.gif]
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2004, 09:52:19 PM »

JC get well soon,  our prayers are with you.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Road_Hog

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 09:20:42 AM »

JC, we are all thinking about you and your family!  We pray for a speedy recovery....

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2004, 01:01:02 PM »

more serious that first inpression broken leg,arm,jaw

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2004, 07:47:53 PM »

Hey Guys,

Although many of us on this site have not met, and we really do not "know" each other in the traditional sense, we do develop a certain bond over time by yakking the way we do and how we give each other grief. So when JC went down--I just didn't feel right all week. However, I was a bit hesitant to call into his hospital room as I felt it might be an intrusion. So I checked in with AK first, who has become good friends with JC, and he clued me in a bit on JC and felt it would be no problem. So I called in to his hospital room early this evening, and does JC answer the phone? Hell no!!! "West Coast Girl answers the phone!!!"  [smiley=gorgeous.gif] She was just about to start reading various letters and posts to JC.

So that will give you an indication of what's goin on there--many of his friends are keeping him company [smiley=gossip.gif] giving his wife much needed breaks to take care of herself and other important family business.  

As far as how the accident went down, I'll leave that for JC to fill you all in on the details. From his explanation though, it appears he had just enough time to look [smiley=wreck.gif],  say UhOh [smiley=uhoh.gif] and then [smiley=stars.gif]. Like AK said, he's got quite a bit of mending to do with the most serious being his pelvis. He's not in much pain however due to the wonders of morphine. He thinks he will be transfered to a hospital in his home town over the weekend--perhaps as early as tomorrow. Due to the pelvis injury, he will then remain in the hospital for several months  [smiley=confused5.gif]. Yes you saw correctly, several months  [smiley=confused5.gif]. "Several months, JC, you're gonna be goin crazy!!" And he replied "Nah, I've got friends stopping by all the time psycho." That's right, JC and his wife certainly love each other [smiley=love_3.gif], but she can't be there 24/7, so she's fine with his "friends" like "West Coast Girl" being there to "kiss the boo-boo to make all bebber!" [smiley=love_7.gif]

I asked JC how he felt about others from this site checking in with him from time to time and if he would find that to be an intrusion. He said that would be no problem at all. If he happened to be tired [smiley=zzz.gif] at the time, or a bit too "relaxed" from morphine[smiley=sleeping.gif], he would let you know and to call back another time. I suspect he also might not be that interested in talking if nurse [smiley=kiss2.gif] is there to give him his daily [smiley=bath.gif]. Can't ya just picture the grin on his face "Can't talk now psycho.......um......ummm.....I've got....um....oh yeah, some important medical tests and stuff to do right now" as he closes the curtains that suround his hospital bed [smiley=vrolijk_2.gif]

So if you call to check in on our "patient," make sure you report back here on what "friends" he's got there reading his mail, fluffing his pillows, and changing his TV channels for him! Hell, I told him [smiley=worthless.gif] That's right, we want to see just how far he's gonna milk this thing! Hey, no kidding though, JC said he's looking forward to getting back on line  [smiley=computer.gif] in a couple of weeks and he's already asked that pics of his bike be taken so he can post them--Can you believe it! Only JC!! And you all think I'm psycho?

I'll ask AK to get the contact information after JC gets settled in at the hospital in his home town, and those that are interested can "Private Message" AK for the info.

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2004, 09:40:01 PM »

AK said no problem with providing the information through "Private Message" for those that might want to touch base with JC.

darkvisorman

• Junior CVO Member
  • Shes Mine and Orange
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2004, 02:42:13 PM »

JC - Get well soon dude, thinking of you and your family -

smitty_01

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2004, 02:18:37 AM »

JC,
Add me to the list of people wishing you the best.  Can't wait to hear from you!

nsrider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2004, 07:01:42 AM »

Our prayers are with you. Recover soon

nsrider

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2004, 02:57:04 PM »

AK,

any updates on JC?

Heavy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2004, 09:01:13 PM »

OMG just found out about you JC.  We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers man. Keep the faith my friend.

HEAVY

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2004, 10:10:57 AM »

AK,

any updates on JC?

JC is making progress , he made the call to stay at san fran general( till 6/16) and have same doctors finish work started. rather than going to sacto and having DR. pick up where san fran DR,s left off, that was a good move..his wife babe has been staying in our granny unit i built 20 years ago ,it,s come in handy for many years.  it saves babe 3hours of comuter traffic a day.  they have started phyiscal therapy and one more surgery monday, any cards send next 4 days will reach him before he goes back home ,cards should be addressed to joesph mooney, i,ll try to post san francisco generals address or look up in yellow pages plan on seeing him today-------he is in good spirits,sence of humor still in tact-----------AK

darkvisorman

• Junior CVO Member
  • Shes Mine and Orange
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2004, 02:50:47 PM »

Chin up bud, get well soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2004, 07:51:31 PM »

Whoa! [smiley=shocked2.gif]  Sometimes I'm a little slow to read other sections of the forum.  I had been wondering where the heck JC was and then happend upon this.

Get well soon JC!  We miss ya!  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2004, 08:39:52 AM »

Good to hear AK, thanks for the update.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2004, 05:58:01 PM »

Best wishes to you JC on a speedy recovery.  May God bless you, all of us are praying for you.                                                                                                                                              Brad
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2004, 06:56:01 PM »

Hopping for a speedy recovery for both you JC, and your bike.
Darrell

Benerag

• SEEGs Rule
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2004, 01:22:52 PM »

JC called me the other night.  We are both from the Sacramento area and ride 04 SEEGs.  As pointed earlier, he is on the mend and in good spirits. If you are trying to reach him via his personal email address, you may receive a message back that his mailbox is full.  JC said he would have his wife fix this matter soon, if she hasn't already.

He explained in detail how the accident happened, which was in San Francisco.  But, I'll let JC tell his story.
04 FLHTCSE Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide
01 Ford Lightning

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2004, 11:48:40 AM »

Hey AK,

The guys over in the Zone are asking about JC (see Accident section). Do you think you can stop by there and give them an update on JC. I've directed them here, but that string is getting rather long, and it's their hangout, so it might be a good idea. Also, some have asked for JC's snail mail address (to be emailed to them) to try to get 500 cards to fill up his mailbox! Sounds cool.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2004, 09:19:08 PM »

Hey AK,

The guys over in the Zone are asking about JC (see Accident section). Do you think you can stop by there and give them an update on JC. I've directed them here, but that string is getting rather long, and it's their hangout, so it might be a good idea. Also, some have asked for JC's snail mail address (to be emailed to them) to try to get 500 cards to fill up his mailbox! Sounds cool.

JC left san fran yesterday for sacramento hospital  then home 7-10 days from now.  i have JCZ home address and e-mail will PM you with them as well---------"the guys in the zone"  [smiley=dunce2.gif] i don,t know  what that is  or how to find could you inlighten me on that one----------AK

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2004, 10:12:51 PM »

Thanks for the update, ak.  You have a PM.

Just FYI for everyone, JCZ's e-mail address is available from this site via his profile.

P.S. No idea what the "Zone" is here, either.

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2004, 01:20:48 AM »

The "Zone" is short for the "Harley Zone", another forum that I guess JC has been part of from its inception years ago. I guess alot of guys over there have known him for quite some time.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 01:23:19 AM by psychodeuce »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2004, 08:29:59 AM »

Called JC last night,  He still is in a great deal of pain he says.  He said to tell everyone he appreciated the prayers and support.  He also said the bike faired alot better than he did, basiclly just paint.  He is back in Sacramento.  He said that this was a life altering wreck and at this point he wants to sell the bike. [smiley=sad2.gif]

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2004, 11:11:02 PM »

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and thoughts.....they are greatly appreciated by me, my wife, Babe and those who are close to me.

A huge "Thank You!" to AK and his wife Sherri.  Thanks to them and their generosity of allowing Babe to use the guest house, it allowed her to spend many more days with me in San Francisco, than we would have otherwise been able to afford.  

Some of you contacted me directly and those times sure help to brighten an otherwise dull and painful day.....thanks to Psycho, Mr. Magoo, Benerag and any others that I'm not remembering right now.

I have visitors daily and continue too and I'm greatful for the people that God has put in my life.

Thanks to everybody for evertything! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

starvin

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2004, 11:30:52 PM »

Good to see you post again JC!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2004, 11:42:10 PM »

Guys I'm going to try to tell my story as true and honest as I can.  Those of you who have been around this site or the Zone for awhile.....know me personally or have rode with me know that I'm 53 years old and have been riding since my late teens.  You also know that I am a very aggressive rider (and driver, in my Harley truck) by nature.  You should also know that this is my fourth motorcycle accident, over the years.

I was cruising along in the slow lane (two lanes in each direction), going to meet a friend, at about 5:00 p.m. on a Monday evening.  The lane to my left was clear, with a large cargo type van about three or four car lengths ahead, in that lane.  Directly in front of me was a car cruising at about 25 or 30 mph.  I decideded that I was going to go around the car directly in front of me and pull back in in front of him.

I accelerate, twisiting the throttle to the stop.  As I gain my center balance in the fast lane and get ready to move back over the the right hand lane.......all of a sudden brake lights.......the cargo van that was just doing about 30 mph with the flow is dead stopped......oh chittttt........I twist the trottle back from the throttle stop and get on both binders but I realize I've got way too much momentum and I'm not going to stop in time (I can remember thinking that for a  split second) and I remember trying to squeeze between the two vehicles.  I came to in the hospital.

I impacted the right rear corner of the van with the full left side of my body.  My damages.....broken jaw, compound fracture to upper left arm, crushed pelvis, broken leg, fractured knee, compound fracture of left leg, just below the knee.  I had seven sergical procedures in just under three weeks.  I have zero weight bearing on my leg and my arm so my whole healing process will be very slow.

I can get out of bed and into a wheel chair by hobbling on my right foot and using my right arm.  The surgeons are saying that it's going to be weeks before I can put an weight at all, on my foot or arm.

This is the fourth accident  in my riding career.  And at an estimated 30 mph I am more busted up than I ever was before.  I've had four weeks to think about it.  My wife totally  supported me and said that it's my decision and that she'll not try to sway me either way.  After four weeks of laying and wieighing all the considerations that I've taken into account, I've decided that I'm going to sell my bike and give up riding.  Some of you may understand and some of you may not and that's allright.  I will get back on the bike and ride it again, before I sell it.......just something that I have to do for myself.  I may even go for acouple weekend rides with AK and some other close friends but I will be selling it.  It's something I've decided that I owe to my loving wife, Babe, my daughter and my grand children.

I'll still be here on this site for quite awhile........more than ever, while I'm healing and now that I've got access (my high speed internet company has comped me the dial up service for a month).
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

100thFLSTFI-Y

• I'll own this one day soon!
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2004, 01:06:02 AM »

Welcome Back JC.

I fully understand your need to get back on and ride.  Best wishes and get well soon.

Robert
'03 FLSTFI-Y, vivid black
'00 FXDL, sinister blue/diamond ice, wifes toy
'89 FLTUC w/sidecar black with red pinstripes (new project)
'79 FLH (dinosaur in hibernation)

MoChrome

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2004, 07:10:03 AM »

Welcome back JC :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 07:10:56 AM by MoChrome »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2004, 09:41:49 AM »

Good to see you back up and running JC.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

mfgreen

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2004, 10:06:48 AM »

Your display of true heart in your decision exemplifies the man that you are.  Hang in there JC.......healing your mind, soul, spirit and heart will take time and we want you here through that process.

Mike

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2004, 10:38:09 AM »

Just Happy your still with us JC... do what ya gotta do
We all love you
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 10:38:36 AM by cabo »
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2004, 11:42:29 AM »

JC,

good to see you posting again, i think we all understand your decison to sell the bike, i hope that you will continue to spend time with the numerous friends you have on this site and keep us posted on your recovery

darkvisorman

• Junior CVO Member
  • Shes Mine and Orange
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2004, 01:55:34 PM »

JC - Good to see you're on the mend, time is a great healer, sad to hear about your decision to sell the bike, but you gotta do whats right for you and your family.

I wish you a quick and speedy recovery and best wishes to your family.

Keep your chin up!! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2004, 01:59:39 PM »

JCZ, great to see you back posting again!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 02:01:34 PM by 103tHunDer »

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2004, 07:13:08 AM »

Glad your back...best wishes for your recovery!

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

skull

• Full CVO Member
  • &quot;Getter Dunn&quot;
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2004, 08:19:33 AM »

JCZ, glad to see you are on the mend.  I wish you a speedy and full recovery!

While my injuries were not to the extent of yours, I know what you are going through.  For the first 3-4 weeks, I did a lot of thinking and evaluating in my mind (it is more frustrating than theraputic).  Your history on two wheels is long and it sounds very fulfilled.  My first reaction was to be done riding, and then many people on the site told me to just worry about healing and do not make any decisions one way or another when everything is very emotional.  I did just that and well, today, I get my bike back.  I made the decision to ride again, and I can't wait to ride it home.  Like you stated in your post, it is something that I need to do also.  Who knows, after a ride or two, I may realize that it is not for me anymore, but I at least need to get back on.

It is such a personal decision and I very much respect yours.  Best of luck to you and your family.  I look forward to seeing your posts in the future.

Skull

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2004, 10:34:19 AM »

Well, the Phisical Therapist is going to recommend that they release me to go home this week.  She said that there is nothing else that they can do with me at this point, till I can put weight on my left leg or arm (that's still several weeks out).

So, I'm very anxious for the Doctor to come buy this morning!  It's been four weeks, today.

They're also going to take xrays of my jaw today, to see if it's time to take the wires out.  Wish me luck.

West Coast GTG   

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2004, 10:43:47 AM »

Hey JC,
Glad to see you back on the board again. It was kinda quiet without you.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 10:45:01 AM by gb »
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2004, 02:29:30 PM »

JC
Good to hear the patter of your little fingertips again. [smiley=yes.gif]
prayin' for your speedy recovery. [smiley=biker.gif]
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2004, 04:18:30 PM »

Thanks again, you guys.

Well, to my surprise, they sent me home last night.  Yep, exactly four weeks after the accident, I'm back in my own home!   My wife was a little freaked out about it, at first (my staying home alone, all day long) but I think she's adjusting now.

It sure feels good to be home.  They changed my pain medication when they discharged me yesterday.  I was awake and in pain all night.  I finally took two of the pain pills this morning and everything seemed to settle back down.

I have to shoot myself in the stomach with a drug that's supposed to prevent blood clotting.  That's going to be kind of interesteing.  We'll see how that goes, tonight.

West Coast GTG   

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2004, 08:30:04 AM »

Good to here JC nothing like HOME SWEET HOME.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2004, 08:57:16 PM »

Hey there JC, was walkin by my computer and thought I heard you poking your head in around here! Looks like you are at one of those life change junctions. They usually bring some trepidation, perhaps some short term depression due to missing a certain lifestyle or whatever-- but the payoff is you get a whole bunch of excitement. Kinda like a new dawn feeling. Nothing wrong with "been there--done that" when it comes to riding--or anything for that matter. Trust me--when I feel it--should it come-- I'm gone. This is one dangerous hobby to dabble with without good reason. "Because I really want to" was the good reason I told my wife!. Good thing I'm not an attorney! Till that time I'll just have to buy more armor and drive slower! Christ--I'm already down to 30mph on the highway and 5mph on back roads! Guess I'll have to get off and push soon! I'll just have to start bugging Naitram and the others now that my training wheels are coming off!

Sooooooooo.....new toys huh? Cabin cruiser? Sure JC! I'll beleive it when I see it. You're gonna be out shopping for the boat--probably at some boat show--having a ball--and you're gonna see one of those cigarette boats--tripple jet drive engine--tripple turbo--nitrous injection--and on, and on..........next you'll be posting pics of your boat--"Look guys the hull and engines completely out of the water--you can see the jet stream coming out of the lower units!"

I think it might be time to let some of the "old fogey" out from inside you. If you don't think that will work, the next time you need some bloodwork or some medical tests, or the next operation you need in your recovery--tell the docs psycho said to take out some testosterone from your system--that 'll do it! Glad you're back. [smiley=smoking.gif]

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2004, 11:26:46 AM »

JCZ, on a different note, you may want to consider training as an MSF instructor.  You have a lot to teach, and years and years of experience that people could benefit from.

I wish you well in your future, and respect your decision to give it up.  God Bless.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2004, 05:28:35 AM »

JCZ, on a different note, you may want to consider training as an MSF instructor.

West Coast GTG   

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2004, 08:24:40 AM »

We are praying for the best JC.  Good to hear from you.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2004, 10:51:04 AM »

JC,

hows the recovery going?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2004, 11:42:37 AM »

JC,

hows the recovery going?

I have ups and downs.  Last week was pretty good, but this week is starting out a little rougher.  I go on Thursday to get xrays, to see if I'm going to be able to use the left leg, as is.  Otherwise, I'll be going back for another surgery for a bone transplant.

I'd never heard of a "bone transplant" before.  Basically, they  go to a bone bank, get the bone, grind it up and pack it in around the pulverized bone.  Doesn't sound like something I want to do but I do want to walk again.

I'm at home alone, during the day.  The days get long and lonely and of course, I have my head to deal with.  It never shuts up or turns off!  I read a lot, pray  a lot (especially that this leg will be good as it is) and spin a lot.  Any suggestions Psycho?

I look at the site at least once a day.  It is painful in my wheelchair, so I don't post a whole lot right now.  I am lurking, thow.

I want to thank all of you again, for your thoughts and prayers!

West Coast GTG   

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2004, 11:56:18 AM »

never heard of a "bone transplant" either, maybe they could get cha' a nice polished aluminum or even a chrome plated replacment [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] hope ya get good news when you get that x-ray done

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2004, 08:22:01 AM »

Good to hear from you JC how the Xrays are ok,  you are still in our thoughts and prayers.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2004, 01:59:10 PM »

No more surgery!  Man, after seven in a row, I was glad to get that news!  In two weeks (from this Monday) I can start putting up to 30 lbs. of weight on my leg and will be able to start using crutches.  Getting out of this wheelchair is the second best news that I've gotten......you guys don't know what saddl sore or tired butt is, till you've spent a couple months in a wheelchair. lol  

As you guys can guess, I'm pretty excited.  I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel.  I still have months and months of phisical therapy and I don't think it will be a cake walk, but I am damn sure motivated.

West Coast GTG   

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2004, 11:32:04 PM »

Good to hear JC.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2004, 10:22:29 PM »

Best of luck to you JCZ in your physical therapy.  Hope everything works out for you and your family.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2006, 10:14:20 AM »

Reply #36 on page 3 of this thread is a post where I tried to tell exactly what happened.......not necessarily to relive it but so that others may learn from my accident........ [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

West Coast GTG   

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2006, 11:48:14 AM »

Reply #36 on page 3 of this thread is a post where I tried to tell exactly what happened.......not necessarily to relive it but so that others may learn from my accident........ [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Thanks JC for referring us back to that post. Sharing what happened to you can be valuable lessons for others. I have been in similar situations behind a slow vehicle and have popped out to pass then get back in front, but after reading this I'm going to make sure that I have more then enough room to get back over. Make sure that I can see ahead of the vehicle in the other lane (to see if there would be any reason for them to suddenly stop or slow down). Not to say that you didn't do any of these things, but it's things that come to mind right away that I can be more conscious of.

One good thing that I've noticed that came out of that post and what has become reality. You still riding Bro, glad you decided to keep the scooter. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2006, 01:39:22 PM »

One good thing that I've noticed that came out of that post and what has become reality. You still riding Bro, glad you decided to keep the scooter. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

JC glad to see you didn't give up. I know how hard it is once it is in your blood. Also thanks for sharing your bad experience with us.

Before July 22nd I would hear people say " I hit a deer with my bike". My first thought was always HOW IN THE F%@K DID YOU DO THAT????? I guess I now know.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2006, 02:50:19 PM »

My first thought was always HOW IN THE F%@K DID YOU DO THAT?????

Be Safe

THE DAWG

So what's the answer? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Just funnin with you Dawg.......you know I'm not questioning that with my experience at 25 or 30 MPH.......thought I could walk off something going that slow....two months in the hospital, ten surgeries, full year of therapy, etc.  I didn't know that one of San Francisco's finest homless was coming off the curb from across the street directly in front of the box van that was in front of me........I couldn't see that from my position on his right rear as I was trying to squeeze back in, when he slammed on his brakes.  Lesson learned.......I always try to allow my self more then enough distance between me and the guy in front.  Could it happen again? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  It could, but I'm trying to increase the odds to my favor.

West Coast GTG   

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2006, 03:22:37 PM »

JC, I was just catching up on my reading when I stumbled on this thread. Didn't know about your misfortune but am very glad your well on the recovery road. God bless and you know if you need anything, all you got to do is ask Bro.

MJZ

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2006, 03:36:48 PM »

So what's the answer? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Just funnin with you Dawg.......you know I'm not questioning that with my experience at 25 or 30 MPH.......thought I could walk off something going that slow....two months in the hospital, ten surgeries, full year of therapy, etc.  I didn't know that one of San Francisco's finest homless was coming off the curb from across the street directly in front of the box van that was in front of me........I couldn't see that from my position on his right rear as I was trying to squeeze back in, when he slammed on his brakes.  Lesson learned.......I always try to allow my self more then enough distance between me and the guy in front.  Could it happen again? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  It could, but I'm trying to increase the odds to my favor.

JC, I'm glad you came through that episode OK... it was painful to read.
It gave me something to think about, and, condensed, a subject for our safety officer to read at the next meeting (no names, of course).
So, maybe this topic is worthwhile after all.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2006, 05:22:44 PM »

JC, I'm glad you came through that episode OK... it was painful to read.
It gave me something to think about, and, condensed, a subject for our safety officer to read at the next meeting (no names, of course).
So, maybe this topic is worthwhile after all.

West Coast GTG   

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2006, 05:37:32 PM »

JCZ...wishing you the best and quick recovery.....Thanks to God you are able to tell us what happened......

My Best Regards,

Jorge

PS I respect your decision but remember when is the time to go from this world, we could be walking or sleeping or driving a cage or seated or eating or f%^$#@&!! Nobody knows only HIM!!!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2006, 06:29:14 PM »

You can use my name.......the police aren't looking for me anymore. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2006, 06:41:52 PM »

Hi JC,

I have only been aware of this board for just over a week.  I was googling to try find a picture of the 07 SEUG I had just ordered and found this site.  You were the first to "write back" to me when I had a question  Just today, I ran across the story of your accident.  I feel for you.  Two years ago, I hit a deer at 80 mph on the way home from Sturgis - and was incredibly lucky - I only had relatively minor injuries (very minor in compared to you).  Had I landed in the highway instead of the grassy median, I suspect the outcome would have been different.  In all my years of riding, I had never even scared myself on a bike.  I always thought my day would come.  I just didn't know it would be so spectacular.  I always have considered myself a very cautious and safe rider, especially now that I am in my late 40's - and yet I hit this #%# deer.  I don't know why, but I never considered not riding again.  It just seemed like such a fluke accident.  I still ride more careful then ever - but I also wonder about the odds catching up again.  I have gone to Sturgis for 15 years.  Each year, it seems like there are more and more riders that lack experience and good riding habits.  It seems as though to many people are buying bikes and making the trip to Sturgis before they are ready to.  I always caution people considering going for the first time that they will encounter more traffic and more idiots in this week then they can imagine.  The goal of our group each day is to go in the opposite direction of the majority of riders.  Unless it is a pretty special event - we go the other way.  To all who are leaving for this year's rally, have fun and be safe...

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2006, 09:47:13 PM »

Hi JC,

« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 09:48:00 PM by jegomez »

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

You can use my name.......the police aren't looking for me anymore. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   Just funnin with you.

Hey, a personal experience that I hope others can learn from......that's the whole purpose.....just to [highlight]get the "thinkin juices" flowing[/highlight] when you guys are out there riding.  I recently read an article about how many accidents there were in Sturgis last year, due to riding too close to the center line and tangling handlebars.........you think I won't be thinking about that as I'm in Sturgis next week?   My plan is to come home the same way I'm getting there.....on my bike! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JC and all Sturgis-bound riders, I too, wish you a fun, safe ride.  I'd like to ride the area, but don't care for the crowds. We quit going to Bike Week and Biketoberfest because of the crowds on the roads.  The venue is fun, tho!  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]  [smiley=2vrolijk_09.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif]

Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2006, 12:03:27 PM »

Hi Scott.....The same happen in the events in Daytona Beach (Bike Week & Biketoberfest). I have attended both events in the last 7 years and every time more deaths and injuries. In the Bike week '06 last March there were 21 persons dead....(record). Too many nuts are driving cages besides the unexperienced riders....[highlight]The first thing that I installed in my last two bikes was the air horn....it helps a lot!![/highlight]

Ride Safe,

Jorge
No kidding. I had the "Beast" (early version of the Mini-Beast) on my old bike and am gonna definitely put something on this one!  Like Jorge says "it helps a lot!!"
Garz
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 21 queries.