Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: man down  (Read 21457 times)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
Re: man down
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2004, 07:47:53 PM »

Hey Guys,

Although many of us on this site have not met, and we really do not "know" each other in the traditional sense, we do develop a certain bond over time by yakking the way we do and how we give each other grief. So when JC went down--I just didn't feel right all week. However, I was a bit hesitant to call into his hospital room as I felt it might be an intrusion. So I checked in with AK first, who has become good friends with JC, and he clued me in a bit on JC and felt it would be no problem. So I called in to his hospital room early this evening, and does JC answer the phone? Hell no!!! "West Coast Girl answers the phone!!!"  [smiley=gorgeous.gif] She was just about to start reading various letters and posts to JC.

So that will give you an indication of what's goin on there--many of his friends are keeping him company [smiley=gossip.gif] giving his wife much needed breaks to take care of herself and other important family business.  

As far as how the accident went down, I'll leave that for JC to fill you all in on the details. From his explanation though, it appears he had just enough time to look [smiley=wreck.gif],  say UhOh [smiley=uhoh.gif] and then [smiley=stars.gif]. Like AK said, he's got quite a bit of mending to do with the most serious being his pelvis. He's not in much pain however due to the wonders of morphine. He thinks he will be transfered to a hospital in his home town over the weekend--perhaps as early as tomorrow. Due to the pelvis injury, he will then remain in the hospital for several months  [smiley=confused5.gif]. Yes you saw correctly, several months  [smiley=confused5.gif]. "Several months, JC, you're gonna be goin crazy!!" And he replied "Nah, I've got friends stopping by all the time psycho." That's right, JC and his wife certainly love each other [smiley=love_3.gif], but she can't be there 24/7, so she's fine with his "friends" like "West Coast Girl" being there to "kiss the boo-boo to make all bebber!" [smiley=love_7.gif]

I asked JC how he felt about others from this site checking in with him from time to time and if he would find that to be an intrusion. He said that would be no problem at all. If he happened to be tired [smiley=zzz.gif] at the time, or a bit too "relaxed" from morphine[smiley=sleeping.gif], he would let you know and to call back another time. I suspect he also might not be that interested in talking if nurse [smiley=kiss2.gif] is there to give him his daily [smiley=bath.gif]. Can't ya just picture the grin on his face "Can't talk now psycho.......um......ummm.....I've got....um....oh yeah, some important medical tests and stuff to do right now" as he closes the curtains that suround his hospital bed [smiley=vrolijk_2.gif]

So if you call to check in on our "patient," make sure you report back here on what "friends" he's got there reading his mail, fluffing his pillows, and changing his TV channels for him! Hell, I told him [smiley=worthless.gif] That's right, we want to see just how far he's gonna milk this thing! Hey, no kidding though, JC said he's looking forward to getting back on line  [smiley=computer.gif] in a couple of weeks and he's already asked that pics of his bike be taken so he can post them--Can you believe it! Only JC!! And you all think I'm psycho?

I'll ask AK to get the contact information after JC gets settled in at the hospital in his home town, and those that are interested can "Private Message" AK for the info.

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2004, 09:40:01 PM »

AK said no problem with providing the information through "Private Message" for those that might want to touch base with JC.

darkvisorman

• Junior CVO Member
  • Shes Mine and Orange
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2004, 02:42:13 PM »

JC - Get well soon dude, thinking of you and your family -

smitty_01

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2004, 02:18:37 AM »

JC,
Add me to the list of people wishing you the best.  Can't wait to hear from you!

nsrider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2004, 07:01:42 AM »

Our prayers are with you. Recover soon

nsrider

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2004, 02:57:04 PM »

AK,

any updates on JC?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Heavy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2004, 09:01:13 PM »

OMG just found out about you JC.  We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers man. Keep the faith my friend.

HEAVY

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2004, 10:10:57 AM »

AK,

any updates on JC?

JC is making progress , he made the call to stay at san fran general( till 6/16) and have same doctors finish work started. rather than going to sacto and having DR. pick up where san fran DR,s left off, that was a good move..his wife babe has been staying in our granny unit i built 20 years ago ,it,s come in handy for many years.  it saves babe 3hours of comuter traffic a day.  they have started phyiscal therapy and one more surgery monday, any cards send next 4 days will reach him before he goes back home ,cards should be addressed to joesph mooney, i,ll try to post san francisco generals address or look up in yellow pages plan on seeing him today-------he is in good spirits,sence of humor still in tact-----------AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

darkvisorman

• Junior CVO Member
  • Shes Mine and Orange
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2004, 02:50:47 PM »

Chin up bud, get well soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2004, 07:51:31 PM »

Whoa! [smiley=shocked2.gif]  Sometimes I'm a little slow to read other sections of the forum.  I had been wondering where the heck JC was and then happend upon this.

Get well soon JC!  We miss ya!  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2004, 08:39:52 AM »

Good to hear AK, thanks for the update.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2004, 05:58:01 PM »

Best wishes to you JC on a speedy recovery.  May God bless you, all of us are praying for you.                                                                                                                                              Brad
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2004, 06:56:01 PM »

Hopping for a speedy recovery for both you JC, and your bike.
Darrell

Benerag

• SEEGs Rule
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2004, 01:22:52 PM »

JC called me the other night.  We are both from the Sacramento area and ride 04 SEEGs.  As pointed earlier, he is on the mend and in good spirits. If you are trying to reach him via his personal email address, you may receive a message back that his mailbox is full.  JC said he would have his wife fix this matter soon, if she hasn't already.

He explained in detail how the accident happened, which was in San Francisco.  But, I'll let JC tell his story.
04 FLHTCSE Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide
01 Ford Lightning

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2004, 11:48:40 AM »

Hey AK,

The guys over in the Zone are asking about JC (see Accident section). Do you think you can stop by there and give them an update on JC. I've directed them here, but that string is getting rather long, and it's their hangout, so it might be a good idea. Also, some have asked for JC's snail mail address (to be emailed to them) to try to get 500 cards to fill up his mailbox! Sounds cool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 22 queries.