Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: man down  (Read 22916 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: man down
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2004, 07:13:08 AM »

Glad your back...best wishes for your recovery!

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

skull

• Full CVO Member
  • "Getter Dunn"
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2004, 08:19:33 AM »

JCZ, glad to see you are on the mend.  I wish you a speedy and full recovery!

While my injuries were not to the extent of yours, I know what you are going through.  For the first 3-4 weeks, I did a lot of thinking and evaluating in my mind (it is more frustrating than theraputic).  Your history on two wheels is long and it sounds very fulfilled.  My first reaction was to be done riding, and then many people on the site told me to just worry about healing and do not make any decisions one way or another when everything is very emotional.  I did just that and well, today, I get my bike back.  I made the decision to ride again, and I can't wait to ride it home.  Like you stated in your post, it is something that I need to do also.  Who knows, after a ride or two, I may realize that it is not for me anymore, but I at least need to get back on.

It is such a personal decision and I very much respect yours.  Best of luck to you and your family.  I look forward to seeing your posts in the future.

Skull

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2004, 10:34:19 AM »

Well, the Phisical Therapist is going to recommend that they release me to go home this week.  She said that there is nothing else that they can do with me at this point, till I can put weight on my left leg or arm (that's still several weeks out).

So, I'm very anxious for the Doctor to come buy this morning!  It's been four weeks, today.

They're also going to take xrays of my jaw today, to see if it's time to take the wires out.  Wish me luck.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2004, 10:43:47 AM »

Hey JC,
Glad to see you back on the board again. It was kinda quiet without you.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 10:45:01 AM by gb »
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2004, 02:29:30 PM »

JC
Good to hear the patter of your little fingertips again. [smiley=yes.gif]
prayin' for your speedy recovery. [smiley=biker.gif]
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2004, 04:18:30 PM »

Thanks again, you guys.

Well, to my surprise, they sent me home last night.  Yep, exactly four weeks after the accident, I'm back in my own home!   My wife was a little freaked out about it, at first (my staying home alone, all day long) but I think she's adjusting now.

It sure feels good to be home.  They changed my pain medication when they discharged me yesterday.  I was awake and in pain all night.  I finally took two of the pain pills this morning and everything seemed to settle back down.

I have to shoot myself in the stomach with a drug that's supposed to prevent blood clotting.  That's going to be kind of interesteing.  We'll see how that goes, tonight.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2004, 08:30:04 AM »

Good to here JC nothing like HOME SWEET HOME.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2004, 08:57:16 PM »

Hey there JC, was walkin by my computer and thought I heard you poking your head in around here! Looks like you are at one of those life change junctions. They usually bring some trepidation, perhaps some short term depression due to missing a certain lifestyle or whatever-- but the payoff is you get a whole bunch of excitement. Kinda like a new dawn feeling. Nothing wrong with "been there--done that" when it comes to riding--or anything for that matter. Trust me--when I feel it--should it come-- I'm gone. This is one dangerous hobby to dabble with without good reason. "Because I really want to" was the good reason I told my wife!. Good thing I'm not an attorney! Till that time I'll just have to buy more armor and drive slower! Christ--I'm already down to 30mph on the highway and 5mph on back roads! Guess I'll have to get off and push soon! I'll just have to start bugging Naitram and the others now that my training wheels are coming off!

Sooooooooo.....new toys huh? Cabin cruiser? Sure JC! I'll beleive it when I see it. You're gonna be out shopping for the boat--probably at some boat show--having a ball--and you're gonna see one of those cigarette boats--tripple jet drive engine--tripple turbo--nitrous injection--and on, and on..........next you'll be posting pics of your boat--"Look guys the hull and engines completely out of the water--you can see the jet stream coming out of the lower units!"

I think it might be time to let some of the "old fogey" out from inside you. If you don't think that will work, the next time you need some bloodwork or some medical tests, or the next operation you need in your recovery--tell the docs psycho said to take out some testosterone from your system--that 'll do it! Glad you're back. [smiley=smoking.gif]

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2004, 11:26:46 AM »

JCZ, on a different note, you may want to consider training as an MSF instructor.  You have a lot to teach, and years and years of experience that people could benefit from.

I wish you well in your future, and respect your decision to give it up.  God Bless.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2004, 05:28:35 AM »

JCZ, on a different note, you may want to consider training as an MSF instructor.

West Coast GTG   

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2004, 08:24:40 AM »

We are praying for the best JC.  Good to hear from you.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2004, 10:51:04 AM »

JC,

hows the recovery going?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2004, 11:42:37 AM »

JC,

hows the recovery going?

I have ups and downs.  Last week was pretty good, but this week is starting out a little rougher.  I go on Thursday to get xrays, to see if I'm going to be able to use the left leg, as is.  Otherwise, I'll be going back for another surgery for a bone transplant.

I'd never heard of a "bone transplant" before.  Basically, they  go to a bone bank, get the bone, grind it up and pack it in around the pulverized bone.  Doesn't sound like something I want to do but I do want to walk again.

I'm at home alone, during the day.  The days get long and lonely and of course, I have my head to deal with.  It never shuts up or turns off!  I read a lot, pray  a lot (especially that this leg will be good as it is) and spin a lot.  Any suggestions Psycho?

I look at the site at least once a day.  It is painful in my wheelchair, so I don't post a whole lot right now.  I am lurking, thow.

I want to thank all of you again, for your thoughts and prayers!

West Coast GTG   

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2004, 11:56:18 AM »

never heard of a "bone transplant" either, maybe they could get cha' a nice polished aluminum or even a chrome plated replacment [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] hope ya get good news when you get that x-ray done
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2004, 08:22:01 AM »

Good to hear from you JC how the Xrays are ok,  you are still in our thoughts and prayers.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 22 queries.