Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: anyone change baffle or drill quiet baffle on V&H big shots?  (Read 3017 times)

gaqgefixer

ok, my 06 se came with v&h big shots that had the standard straight thru baffles . i bought the quiet baffles because the others were a little loud . i also wanted a nice deep rumble . has anyone experimented with the " quiet baffle " ie: drill some holes in the cap or maybe remove packing material for a different or deeper sound ?
anyone ?
its a shame my factory 80" 97 evo sounds better than my 2006 , 103 !
is it because the V&H are much less restrictive ?
 i want a DEEP mellow harley tone when i idle

thanks

StrokedRider

• If i had to do it all over again i would Ride a little harder, Love a little better and Stay a little longer.
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Ride Hard, Live Free!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red / Black Ice (SOLD to Mjcw01)
Re: anyone change baffle or drill quiet baffle on V&H big shots?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 11:29:12 AM »

My .02

I didn't experiment with mine as in mod the baffle. I did make sure the asbestos wraping would not bunch up at the end of the baffle exposing all the holes. I would like to beleive that it helped. IMHO you will not get a deep rumble with those long azz tubes! They will always sound like the pipes that they are. However, you may just find some way to make them sound satisfactory ... or not.  ;)
"Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

gaqgefixer

Re: anyone change baffle or drill quiet baffle on V&H big shots?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 01:40:39 PM »

i wrapped the asbestos with clear packing tape so it would slide in easier , im assuming it would burn off quickly
     they dont sound bad, just not as nice and deep as my old EVO sounds with factory pipes baffles drill out .
i think its because the pipes have a much bigger dia .
   bums me out a bit i like the old harley sound and i dont have it
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 01:46:17 PM by gaqgefixer »

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.