Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Tallest Wild 1 Chubby on 03 SERK w/o Cable Change?  (Read 12206 times)

Rhetor

• Full CVO Member
Re: Tallest Wild 1 Chubby on 03 SERK w/o Cable Change?
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2011, 09:51:57 AM »

cant get over all the topics on the handle bar change outs although i was frusterated with mine aswell when i bought my bike new 2nd trip out somebody decided to do me a favour and back into my bike only bent the bars thats it i hated them anyways after riding a stock harley set up for 5 hours it feels like somone took an axe to the center of your shoulder blades so she was nice enough to gimme the cost req to fix em so rather than go through insurance i took a check i called the dealer and found the price on the new bars to be 300 bucks they looked close to stk only 2" higher and 2" back wich by looking at her you would never no but when i tried to pick up my bars they told me they never orded them because it req new hydrolic hoses new riser new cover new tps sensor etc and it would cost me 1200 bucks i was cranky as i would have gladly paid for the chrome rather than the stainless and had to come back another day as the parts were not in stk so the end of the story is the bars were great the tps sensor they had told me i needed for the thicker bars had a different part number but was the exact same sensor i even measured it the old one fit into the new bars the exact same just out of spite i chose to use the old one and kept the new one in the box never had an issue but remember boys most of the older fellows think it is more difficult with wires but they are dead wrong its easier you can cut a wire at whatever length you want it harley uses deutsh not spelled rite but whatever very easy to terminate much cheaper than a sticky dirty high maintanence cable

Bern, I can tell you were really frustrated . . . hard to believe 2nd trip out something like that happened . . . so, simply . . . what bars did you finally use . . . since you obviously did not use stock ones if there was a 2" difference?    "Sticky dirty high maintenance cable?"

I am a little confused.

2003 SERK
1975 Naked Wing
"What we have here is a failure to communicate!"

fatboybern

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2011, 02:42:17 PM »

Sorry that is what happens when you drink and post i was just stating my opinion on the wire or throttle cable most older fellows hate the drive by wire and I think it's great you can easily extend wires and they can be hidden easier and no more stick dirty siezed high maintenance throttle cables the bars I chose were the 1.250 they come factory eq on the cvo I understand the book says they are 2" higher and more to the rear although you don't see it by looking at it you certainly feel the difference

Rhetor

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2011, 03:20:58 PM »

Sorry that is what happens when you drink and post i was just stating my opinion on the wire or throttle cable most older fellows hate the drive by wire and I think it's great you can easily extend wires and they can be hidden easier and no more stick dirty siezed high maintenance throttle cables the bars I chose were the 1.250 they come factory eq on the cvo I understand the book says they are 2" higher and more to the rear although you don't see it by looking at it you certainly feel the difference

:-)  Now I can understand that message!  Ha!  Ha!

Yeah, the 1.25" fat bars came on my 03 CVO . . . really liked the look, but those stock CVO bars were just too low for me . . . I just changed out to the Wild 1 513s . . . 8.5" baby-apes . . . did not have to change the stock braided cables and really like them.  Probably gonna sell those stock CVO bars I took off now that they are just gathering dust . . . only have 5K miles on them and no scratches . . . someone will like them, especially if they have a stock RKC . . . not only fat and higher, but they did a nice job on the chrome that year.

I am not against the TBW . . . I am sure I will have them sometime when I buy another newer HD . . .

I am waiting to see what is gonna happen for the 110th Anniversary bikes in 2013 (yeah, I know, the 2012s are about to come out, but not interested). . . hopefully there will then be another anniversary CVO Road King for 2013 models.  I am certainly enjoying my 100th Anniversary SERK!
2003 SERK
1975 Naked Wing
"What we have here is a failure to communicate!"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.