Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: I-pod Problem?  (Read 14110 times)

Rock N Roll

• Full CVO Member
  • Ride Hard Or Stay Home!
    • LA

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2002 FLSTS
Re: I-pod Problem?
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 11:03:01 AM »

2013 SERGC here with the same issue. I don't have GPS so it's not related to the NIM issue as far as I can tell. I guess it's earbuds until someone comes ip with an answer.

Goose, make sure you check your docking cable in the saddlebag.  The short cable that connects to the i-Pod disconnects behind your saddlebag to be able to remove the bags.  Make sure you have a good connection on both ends.  Some folks have found the docking cable to be the problem and simply replaced the cable.  Also, I use 2 rubber bands to keep my i-Pod Touch securely plugged into my docking cable.  Ever since my dealer changed the NIM, my i-Pod has been working just fine.  Do you have intercom?  That could also have an affect on your music.  Whatever you do, don't give up.  It took me a few tries but we finally got mine working as it should.  Good luck!  Hey, and congrats on that '13 SERGC.  That's a sweet ride! 
Remember, you have to care where you are to be lost.  Enjoy the ride!

ffltjeff

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 11:26:38 AM »

NIM seems to be a common issue on here.  I just had mine replaced on my 13 CVO Ultra, dealer said it was the first one he has seen that was  bad in a long time (lucky me).  Voice prompt from GPS was not coming through the speakers, Ipod worked fine.  Dealer replaced NIM and all is well now, except voice prompt interrupts my tunes now  :-\  I know it will drive me nuts this summer when we start touring.  I will need to find mute button.   
2013 FLHTCUSE8
V&H Power Duals, V&H Monster Ovals, SERT
Progressive 444 shocks, Progressive Cartridge Fork Kit
Windsplitter windshield

Goose

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 11:34:55 AM »

Thanks Rock N Roll. I appreciate the tips and encouragement. The 2012 SERG Custom doesn't have intercom or Nav so I'm pretty sure there isn't a NIM to be the problem so I'll approach it from the connector side of the equation and see where that leads me. I had the faulty NIM on my 2011 FLHTK and finally just by-passed it.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »

NIM seems to be a common issue on here.  I just had mine replaced on my 13 CVO Ultra, dealer said it was the first one he has seen that was  bad in a long time (lucky me).  Voice prompt from GPS was not coming through the speakers, Ipod worked fine.  Dealer replaced NIM and all is well now, except voice prompt interrupts my tunes now  :-\  I know it will drive me nuts this summer when we start touring.  I will need to find mute button.

You can disable voice prompts on the GPS.  In the settings menu I think.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

ffltjeff

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 11:58:20 AM »

Thanks Ultrafxr I will check that out.  Goose I hope it is just the connecter that is causing your issues.  These kind of problems with a new ride can drive a person nuts.
2013 FLHTCUSE8
V&H Power Duals, V&H Monster Ovals, SERT
Progressive 444 shocks, Progressive Cartridge Fork Kit
Windsplitter windshield

Rock N Roll

• Full CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 02:56:30 PM »

Goose, there is a "Mute" button in your GPS settings that will shut off all sound coming from the unit.  However, keep in mind, even with the GPS sound turned off, the GPS cuts off your music if you have it (GPS) set up to give voice prompts over music.  Make sure this is not causing your problem.  Easiest way to do it is to leave the GPS at home, go for a ride and see if your music still cuts out.  If it does, the GPS is not the problem.  Good luck & Ride safe!

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 08:19:30 PM »

I have the same problem--ipod cuts out while I'm riding.  Works fine when the bike is off, so I decided to live with it as is. Might look into it once the weather warms up and I start logging miles.  My guess is that the MoCo hasn't quite beat the gremlins in this one.

HDultraDad

• Full CVO Member
  • '12 CVO SE Ultra

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2013, 10:02:22 PM »

Rock n roll, glad it worked out and folks are getting the info on the possible problems.  It looks like the (3) possible issues from reading the threads: 1) cable docking at the iPod, 2) the cable itself, or 3) the NIM or iPod interface.   Mine just went out 2 days ago and will be taking it to the dealer tomorrow.  No signs of an issue: just stopped working...well after I had the bags off on a good cleaning.   

Rock n roll, I wonder if my H-D dealer is part of the BR group.  I'm in NC and the dealer is Smokin' H-D.  They have 2 sister stores in LA, one in Cool Springs, TN and another in Chicago.
SE Race Tuner,
CFR's,
Blacked out Day Maker LED's,
A couple of other upgrades,
What else is needed on a CVO?  Just knees in the breeze!

Rock N Roll

• Full CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2013, 11:35:37 PM »

HDultraDad, check your connects to your saddlebag.  Since you took the bags off to clean the bike, you might just have a loose connection.  It's possible especially since you weren't having problems before.  I always remove my bags too but I make sure I check the connections!  Mine is still working.  My only problem has been finding time to ride lately.  Work keeps getting in the way!

In response to your dealership question, I know I have always been a  big fan of my dealership in Baton Rouge.  However, almost a year ago, the dealership was sold along with another dealership the same Owner had in Hammond, Louisiana.  It is quite possible your dealership in NC could be the same ownership group since a group bought both Hammond and Baton Rouge in one purchase.  From what I was told, the group that bought Harley Davidson of Baton Rouge and Hammond HD is a group that owns quite a few dealerships around the country.   I have not been to the dealership much since the previous owner sold both dealerships.  There was quite a lot of personnel change.  I had made friends and riding buddies with several of the previous employees.  We still ride together but going to the dealership is just not the same.  I'm very old school and some things just should not change!  Although we have some great riding here in South Louisiana, your home state of NC is my favorite place to ride!  Ride safe!

HDultraDad

• Full CVO Member
  • '12 CVO SE Ultra

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 07:10:42 AM »

R n' R,  yeah, I tried the connection over and over.  The only issue is the plug does not securely latch both side of the ipod.  Even if I hold it firmly in the ipod the only thing I can get is the music and volume control (which is what many have stated here).  Thanks for the suggestion though. 

On the dealership change... on my end it was a good thing the old was gone and the new has come.  The old owners didn't have the draw of good mechanics, parts, bikes, ETC.  The new ones have put money in it and just was named in the top 100 powersport dealers in the Country.  That's out of 15,000 powersport dealers.  They have the most bikes in NC as well.  I guess it can go both ways.  Let's just hope they don't screw up a good thing they have started.
SE Race Tuner,
CFR's,
Blacked out Day Maker LED's,
A couple of other upgrades,
What else is needed on a CVO?  Just knees in the breeze!

huggy33

• Candy-OH!

• CVO1: FLHRSE3 - Candy Cobalt
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE - Rio Red
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »

I just bought a used 2011 FLTRUSE that did not come with the nano ipod. I plugged my ipod classic in, but nothing came up on audio menu. Can you use any ipod device with this bike? I see the owners manual says not to a use an ipod classic l (should have read that first! ) . THANKS!
Not only is it the Journey,
It's the Destination as well!
     ENJOY IT ALL!!!

ebbjet@verizon.net  o/vO=

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2014, 02:24:41 PM »

I just bought a used 2011 FLTRUSE that did not come with the nano ipod. I plugged my ipod classic in, but nothing came up on audio menu. Can you use any ipod device with this bike? I see the owners manual says not to a use an ipod classic l (should have read that first! ) . THANKS!
Mine stayed with the original owner also. I picked up a nano and use it in mine without problems.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

huggy33

• Candy-OH!

• CVO1: FLHRSE3 - Candy Cobalt
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE - Rio Red
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2014, 06:24:27 PM »

What generation/GB nano did you install? Thanks for the quick response. The original nano that was with the bike was an 8gb 4th gen. I bought a brand new 16gb nano, but the connecting port/plug is smaller.
Not only is it the Journey,
It's the Destination as well!
     ENJOY IT ALL!!!

ebbjet@verizon.net  o/vO=

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2014, 07:01:22 PM »

What generation/GB nano did you install? Thanks for the quick response. The original nano that was with the bike was an 8gb 4th gen. I bought a brand new 16gb nano, but the connecting port/plug is smaller.
Honestly don't know. I bought it about 2 1/2 years ago when I got the bike. If you're an Apple type guy, you might be able to figure out the generation part of it.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2014, 07:58:46 PM »

You new nano uses the new style apple lightning connector, which has been about about two years.  The iPod that the CVO's came with through 13 have the 30 pin connector.

My CVO King has the same plug as your 11 CVO RGU.  Apple makes an adapter that will let you connect the new style to the old style.  I use a 32 Gig full size iPod with the lightning connector and the adapter in My King.  It also works with the new 64 Gig iPhone 6.

So you can use any of the new iPods with an adapter.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 20 queries.