Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Spiderman's Recovery  (Read 27024 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Spiderman's Recovery
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2006, 05:09:26 PM »

If you can believe this; I have one "good" heart attack story.  Good freind of mine was headed to the 100th.  Had a rear tire blow out at speed, tore him up pretty good.  While he's in ICU, he has a pretty severe heart attack.  About the only thing that saved him was being in ICU on blood thinners to prevent clots from the busted leg.  Take about timing.  Had he not had his accident and then had the heart attack, he wouldn't be here today. :o  As I've always felt, when you're number is up, it's up.  Doesn't matter where, when or how.

I hope everybody followed my train of thought that BB's number is not up and he'll be with us for a long time to come.  After rereading my post, I wasn't sure I was clear.
Boy, this same thing happened to a fellow from down East in North Carolina....He was on his way to Sturgis, last year if I remember correctly........sounds like the same scenario.  Scary.  [smiley=nervous.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2006, 07:02:38 PM »

Had already started that process.  Got a message off to Matt right now requesting delivery information.  [highlight]If anyone wants to kick in send to this paypal address:[/highlight]  rider@theamericanroad.us

I'll get something "appropriate" sorted out and sent once he's out of CICU.

I'm in

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2006, 09:46:42 PM »

[size=16]I just got back from a quick visit with the big man.  He's still in ICU and will probably be there for a couple more days.  He looks good,  and his spirits are upbeat......(of course he did have that magic button that makes EVERYTHING alright.....they got the best dope in ICU you know.....).  They say he lost some fluids and his heart rate was up,  BP down a little,  but I think that's what the Doc's wanted for now.  He's due for a mayocardio something or other tomorrow that may shed some light into what the F happened (you know,  they shove a bottle of dye up your a$$ and then check your heart for lumps and stuff).....but all in all,  I think he's out of the woods for now.  Kinda ironic though.....you go in for a new knee,  and just to take your mind off the pain in the leg.....they throw in a heart attack  (I can tell you,  the last thing he's thinkin about right now is the knee).  I forwarded all the good wishes from everyone here on this thread, he say's thank you to all who have him in their thoughts, and said don't worry,  he'll be back breakin' eveyones balls and spendin' their money here soon enough.

_Beagle[/size]
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2006, 09:57:33 PM »

Thanks for the update Beags, glad to hear he is back on the recovery road. We'll keep on sending the prayers and good thoughts. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 02:28:22 PM by MJZ »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2006, 09:57:47 PM »

[size=16]and said don't worry,  he'll be back breakin' eveyones balls and spendin' their money here soon enough.

_Beagle[/size]
I'm glad you shared all this w/ us, Beag.......and esp. the quote above......makes me know he's gonna be OK.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2006, 12:08:36 AM »

I'm glad to hear Big Brian is in good spirits and things appear to be in control. I will continue to pray for my Big Buddy! Look forward to seeing him in MV. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2006, 07:22:18 AM »

[size=16] 

he'll be back breakin' eveyones balls

[/size]

Lookin' forward to that day

Cheers

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

RedFXR2

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2006, 09:37:19 AM »

...don't worry,  he'll be back breakin' eveyones balls and spendin' their money here soon enough.

There you go.  That positive, Spiderman attitude will get him back to health in no time. ;D

Thanks for the news, Beagle.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 09:37:52 AM by RedFXR2 »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2006, 09:48:12 AM »

[size=16]I just got back from a quick visit with the big man.  He's still in ICU and will probably be there for a couple more days.  He looks good,  and his spirits are upbeatsaid don't worry,  [highlight]he'll be back breakin' eveyones balls [/highlight]and spendin' their money here soon enough.
_Beagle[/size]

Already wearing my cup, can't wait to see his posts......positive thoughts and prayers continue here.

RedFXR2

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2006, 09:57:46 AM »

... he'll be back breakin' eveyones balls ...

Already wearing my cup,...

Good idea.  I think I'll go to the sporting goods store, now. ;D

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2006, 02:13:19 PM »

Ditto what everyone has said.  Get well soon Spiderman!!

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2006, 03:45:12 PM »

Thanks for all the updates on our Bro.I talked to him on Sunday at about 4:30 my time(1:30 yours) and he sounded loaded up on Painkillers and we spoke briefly.I don't know if he'll remember he talked to me or not but tell him that he is in mine and my families prayers.PM me your cell phone number so you can fill me in on the goings on or get mine from him.Thanks again Matt,  Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2006, 04:34:52 PM »

Thanks for the updates Matt. Paypal sent via Don.
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2006, 04:58:30 PM »

Beags,
  From all that Jack Black ya'll talk about drinkin', I'da' thought his elbow woulda' went out before his knee did! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Get well soon, BB!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2006, 05:27:08 PM »

Hub,
   No strain on the elbows......we use small glasses.......just LOT's of em.

_Beagle [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.