Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question on 2003 SERK security system  (Read 972 times)

sd1209

Question on 2003 SERK security system
« on: March 03, 2012, 03:43:09 PM »

I am the 3rd owner of my new-to-me 03 SERK..Still getting to know it......Question ref the security system:

The person I bought it from had 1 FOB, which he gave me, but did not know the security code of the previous owner.......he never used the FOB.........I have read the owner's book and posts here and it seems as if I need the personalized code....  I am a bit reluctant to use the FOB ....On my 08 Ultra the FOB batt went dead once and I needed the code to get it back in operation to drive home.........

I want to get the security system operational with the FOB and my own code.....What is the best way to do this?? Do I need a new security module or is there any easier (cheaper) way to do this???     

Steve C.
Fallbrook, Ca

Steve C.
Fallbrook, Ca
2003 SERK

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Question on 2003 SERK security system
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 04:10:11 PM »

You can use the regular routine in the manual or the Electrical & Diagnostic manual to enter your chosen code over the existing one as long as you have a Fob that's currently assigned to the security module.  

Jerry

btw, get a new fresh battery for the Fob, and you might want to get another Fob as well.  You can buy a fob from your local dealer, but I'd recommend finding a better source for the battery that is more likely to have fresh stock.  http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442031595&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302291023&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302291023&locale=en_US&bmUID=1330809108829&bmLocale=en_US
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:13:56 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 05:49:19 PM »

I am the 3rd owner of my new-to-me 03 SERK..Still getting to know it......Question ref the security system:

The person I bought it from had 1 FOB, which he gave me, but did not know the security code of the previous owner.......he never used the FOB.........I have read the owner's book and posts here and it seems as if I need the personalized code....  I am a bit reluctant to use the FOB ....On my 08 Ultra the FOB batt went dead once and I needed the code to get it back in operation to drive home.........

I want to get the security system operational with the FOB and my own code.....What is the best way to do this?? Do I need a new security module or is there any easier (cheaper) way to do this???     

Steve C.
Fallbrook, Ca

I am looking at my 2003 FLHRSEI2 Ownwer's Manual. The very last page is a perforated tear out for you factory secuirty system. Security System Personal Code.
That lloks like how you would program in a code.
Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' Eagle® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

sd1209

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 06:02:06 PM »

I will have to re-read it tomorrow but I thought that you had to have the original code in order to rewrite/input a new one...Is this incorrect and I can just go thru the recoding process if I have the original FOB???

Thanks again

Steve C...
Steve C.
Fallbrook, Ca
2003 SERK

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 08:56:31 PM »

I will have to re-read it tomorrow but I thought that you had to have the original code in order to rewrite/input a new one...Is this incorrect and I can just go thru the recoding process if I have the original FOB???

Thanks again

Steve C...

Yes Steve, as long as you have the fob that's assigned to the bike, you don't need the old code to be able to either read the code or to replace it with a code of your choice.  If you didn't have the fob, then you would have a problem.  If you read the procedure in the manual you'll see that they never require you to enter the old code in order to set a new one.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 22 queries.