Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clutch Switch  (Read 744 times)

Boss07Hog

Clutch Switch
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:07:16 PM »

Several months back I broke the plunger on my clutch switch while replacing the clutch lever.  This weekend I just got around to replacing it, what a PITA job that is squeezing the wires through the handlebar.  But here is the problem, the switch works in reverse.  If I am in gear, the bike will crank over.  Still in gear, pull the clutch in, it will not crank.  I even reversed the wire connections since it is a new p/n switch than the original, thinking maybe this was more than just an open/closed switch, same exact results.  I know the switch is working because it will not crank in gear with the clutch pulled in.

Now when this first happened, the security light came on and of course didn't know I broke the switch so went to dealer for them to diagnose the trouble light.  After a few months, the security light went out.  I am wondering if the ECM came to the conclusion there was no clutch switch (with the plunger broken, would see the clutch pulled in all the time) and changed to act like there is no switch.  I am reaching with that theory but no idea what else it could be.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2007 FLHRSE3

Page created in 0.381 seconds with 21 queries.