Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Author Topic: DCFIREMANN INJURED IN MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT  (Read 27981 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: DCFIREMANN INJURED IN MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 08:51:55 AM »

V and DC,  thoughts and prayers are with you and I am so glad you'll both get through this event without major damage.

The ribs most likely will be the worst as you say, since it takes some time for them to heal to a point were DC will be able to lift etc.

I got hit once and didn't go down but took 40 plus stitches in my forearm.  Like 2Ln says wounds and breaks heal and we're all glad not to be mourning a loss.

Speedy recovery to you both.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:53:04 AM by Rjob749 »

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 08:57:49 AM »

V & Dawg, sorry to hear about your accident but I thank GOD that you both are OK!
Get Well Soon. :)
Bubba
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 09:13:43 AM »

V and Dawg...so sorry to hear about this misfortune!  Glad you are both not injured too seriously...both of you get well fast!!  SO happy to hear that you were both wearing Helmets!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

My most positive thoughts are with you both!!

Terry
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 09:26:13 AM »

V and Dawg...so sorry to hear about this misfortune!  Glad you are both not injured too seriously...both of you get well fast!!  [highlight]SO happy to hear that you were both wearing Helmets!! [/highlight][smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
My most positive thoughts are with you both!!
Terry

V and DC, I have to second that. We were driving through the area of the HOG rally in Wahsington state this weekend and saw the myriad of different dress that we all wear, t shirts, muscle shirts halter tops etal.  Cindy made the comment she doesn't feel comfortable in shorts or short sleeves.  Keep in mind it was 110 degrees, we talked about my "aero" leather jacket that I bought for CC and we live in a helmet state.

I made the choice to ride to CC with a helmet even in non-helmet states.  Your mishap only cements my decision to ride with the helmets and most likely now its leather too.

As I said above, speedy recovery and a quick return to riding.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 09:27:10 AM by Rjob749 »

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 09:35:38 AM »

Wow sorry to hear about the wreck TheVgirl and DCFIREMANN. :'(

I am glad you both survived it and I will be praying for a speedy recovery for you both. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 09:48:54 AM »

When I read of these things happening, I get that terrible feeling in my gut. Having been there-done that and knowing the pain and feelings members of my extended biker family are going through saddens me deeply. Glad you are both still with us. Hope you have a speedy and comple recovery.
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 09:51:29 AM »

I hope that both of you get well very soon!  I'll be praying for the speedy recovery for you two.

As for the helmets.....I used to be opposed to them too.  After a shattered jaw, I now wear the full face helmet (flip face) full time.  

Terrie went down the first night she wore a full face and scratched up the top left forehead area and the face shield.  I told her that would have been her face had she not had that helmet on......now she wears the flip face full time, also. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 10:06:18 AM »

UPDATE:

Just hung up the phone with DCFiremann's house.  He had a rough night that eventually involved a narcotic-induced sleep.  I have to say the man has a fantastic family and great friends!!  They are trying to take care of his stubborn @$$ despite his stubborness!  He FINALLY consented to go to doctor for a re-check due to the pain.  His ribs are still the major issue, but the arm is a nuisance.  It's draining  and oozing terribly and everything makes it sting!  Maybe it'll provide a small distraction from the ribs!

I'll keep you posted.  I know DCFiremann appreciates your well-wishes.  Wednesday will most likely be the hardest day for him.  It will really hit him when he can't go to the firehouse and do what he loves!!  Thanks guys (and gals)!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 10:07:02 AM by TheVgirl »
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 10:09:43 AM »

DC & V;
Sorry to hear of the mishap, I wish both of you well, and hope for a speedy recovery!

Take care

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 10:16:34 AM »

UPDATE:
His ribs are still the major issue, but the arm is a nuisance.  It's draining  and oozing terribly and everything makes it sting!  Maybe it'll provide a small distraction from the ribs!
I'll keep you posted.

V, thanks for the update.  Ribs are the worst for sure.

Best wishes for speedy recoveries.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 10:25:47 AM »

Dawg,
          I'll be saying a prayer for you for a speedy recovery. Watch out for that morphine, it brings on the most bizarre nightmares. Looks like MV will be light at the end of the tunnel for another site member.

V
   Glad you are ok. Being a passenger and going down must be the scariest thing.

Vaya con Dios
                     Big B

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 10:31:56 AM »

V...the ribs are the worst because there's really nothing they can do to "set" them other than wrap you up real tight...hurts every time you breathe...I don't know him, but he's obviously a strong man and I'm sure that he will heal as quickly as is possible. The road rash is going to be painful...it is best for it to heal from the inside out...I was burned badly once and have dealt with this kind of injury.  The pain meds are going to be a necessity for a few days, so tell him not to fight it, so whatever the docs say, and he'll be back in the saddle before he knows it.

I cannot emphasize enough how happy I am that you were both wearing helmets...it is a controversial subject, and this is not the place for it, but things would be much worse if not for having them on.

We don't ever want to lose one of our brothers or sisters here, so everyone please think about the choices you make each time you get on your bike.

I am just happy to have both of you still here!!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2006, 10:47:21 AM »

V and DC,
   I'm sorry to hear about the accident.  You both are lucky and should thank the boss for your luck.  I can tell you from experience that broken ribs SUCK.  There is no way possible to get comfortable.......each and every breath is a new experience in PAIN.  But the did their jobs.....I'm glad to hear that everyone is alive.....and sooner or later will recover.  You are both in our thoughts and prayers....

Mrs. and _Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2006, 10:53:52 AM »

Glad to hear you both came through the accident with somewhat minor injuries.  I hope both of you recover quickly.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2006, 11:17:28 AM »

Glad you are OK (all things considered). My wife and I wear helments and after a friend suffered severe road rash, we now wear "flack jackets." Hang tight and big prayers from Texas.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.