Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Author Topic: DCFIREMANN INJURED IN MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT  (Read 28205 times)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
Re: DCFIREMANN INJURED IN MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2006, 04:55:38 PM »

JR & Garz,
I did something similar too, but when I was young, 3 or 4, I took the tubes out of the TV, live. I remember my parents telling the story of how I came into the kitchen carrying the tubes and asking what they did. I just never stopped taking things apart live, I just found a way to do it with more voltage and get paid for it.

As far as things with "Burnt tips", I try to keep that to a minium! ::) I've had the fire come out and bite me a few times too. It's like being a plumber, sometimes you get wet.

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

harleydiva

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2006, 06:58:52 PM »

V and DCFireman ... glad y'all are ok and hope you both are on the mend.  :)   I'm SO glad you were wearing helmets.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   For those of you who live in states that have "no helmet requirement" laws, just remember that V and DC's injuries could have been much worse had they not been wearing helmets.

Suzanne

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2006, 07:12:40 PM »

Dawg, really happy to see you're up to talking to us here so soon after the accident, and that you two came through it to tell us about it on the other side.  V, thank you for the report and hope the pain has already faded--you sound as positive as you could possibly be after the experience.  This is the second deer story I've heard in two days--the same thing happened to my co-worker's parents in Minnesota a few days before your incident.  Pretty much the same result.

Hang in there, and thank you for highlighting the importance your helmets played.

Jeff
Fremont, CA

2005 Cherry SEEG, V&H Dresser Duals, Samson Rolled Thunder Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Race Tuner

2005 Sierra Red/Silver Dyna Low Rider (Wife's ride), SE Tapered Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Stage

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2006, 09:13:59 PM »

V and DCFireman.....sorry ya'll went down.  I'm just glad that you're still here and not hurt worse.  I lost a good friend who hit a deer (actually the deer hit him) as he was riding home in the middle of the day......just too many of those critters everywhere these days to not be nervous all the time.  I'm glad to hear that you were both wearing helmets and a decent amt. of clothing to help absorb some of the road rash.  We all experience the pain of going down from time to time, but it is always tough when it's your turn. Get well soon and I'll be looking forward to seeing you in MV.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2006, 10:09:58 PM »

I ride in Northern Wisconsin ,I worry all the time about hitting a deer or bear.I am glad the both of You are going to be ok! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
hdnut

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2006, 10:12:38 PM »

I ride in Northern Wisconsin ,I worry all the time about hitting a deer or bear.I am glad the both of You are going to be ok! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

Hitting a deer would be terrible.  Hitting something that you'll likely just piss off enough to then want to eat you, however, is just adding insult to injury.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2006, 11:22:45 PM »

Hitting a deer would be terrible.  Hitting something that you'll likely just piss off enough to then want to eat you, however, [highlight]is just adding insult to injury[/highlight].
and maybe then indigestion to boot!
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2006, 11:29:31 PM »

Hitting a deer would be terrible.  Hitting something that you'll likely just piss off enough to then want to eat you, however, is just adding insult to injury.
I think if I was wandering around that far north, I'd be more worried about hitting Bullwinkle. Now those suckers are big!

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2006, 11:54:48 PM »

I think if I was wandering around that far north, I'd be more worried about hitting Bullwinkle. Now those suckers are big!

Jerry

Oh, no kidding.  Hell, you could ride underneath them.  I remember Spiderman telling a Mainer's story awhile back about moose.  But I'll never forget a ride I took up the Maine coast one day.  Had started at Ellsworth and just kept going.  Even followed a goose across the border that afternoon.

Everything up there is small towns and rural.  So along the road are the occasional stores that have fuel, groceries, basic supplies, the whole thing.  I'd stopped to fill up then parked the bike over to the side to go in to the little store and kill fifteen minutes chatting up the locals and resting my butt.  Walked out 15 or 20 minutes later and absent mindedly wandered toward the bike only to look up and see Bullwinkle.  

This large economy sized boy-type moose was just standing there looking at the bike.  To this day I still think he had amorous intentions toward it.  But this thing was simply huge.  Towered over the bike (and me!).  I'm sure I probably swallowed my gum as I kind of stumbled back toward the store.  Then Bullwinkle slowly, on a pace completely all his own, just wandered away.  That was definitely an "oh chit" moment though.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2006, 12:06:07 AM »

Hey 2LnRdr........great recount on the parking lot encounter.  you had me right there w/ you.  [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] har!  spyder
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 07:19:17 AM by spydglide »
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2006, 12:21:19 AM »

This large economy sized boy-type moose was just standing there looking at the bike.  To this day I still think [highlight]he had amorous intentions [/highlight]toward it.  But this thing was simply huge.  Towered over the bike (and me!).  I'm sure I probably swallowed my gum as I kind of stumbled back toward the store.  Then Bullwinkle slowly, on a pace completely all his own, just wandered away.  That was definitely an "oh chit" moment though.

Any animal a human can fool into thinking they are a moose by holding a paddle over their head, has to be smart enough to know that the horns (handle bars) on your bike are much more inviting.  Most likely had a d00dilicious OCD moment before he came to his senses....no not d00d, the moose.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2006, 12:31:13 AM »

has to be smart enough to know that the horns (handle bars) on your bike are much more inviting.  Most likely had a d00dilicious OCD moment before he came to his senses....no not d00d, the moose.

That was a Road King too.  So its antlers did stick out there nice and pretty.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2006, 12:41:48 AM »

That was a Road King too.  So its antlers did stick out there nice and pretty.

Let me at those chrome honeys

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2006, 01:27:01 AM »

[highlight] Hitting something that you'll likely just piss off enough to then want to eat you, however, is just adding insult to injury [/highlight]  
[smiley=ROFLOL.gif]

Don, that sums it up magnificently ! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2006, 01:27:53 AM »

Get well soon... and get back into the saddle. God Speed.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.