Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Bad Karma?  (Read 8801 times)

Black_Dog

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO Forum Member #157
Re: Bad Karma?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 03:36:26 PM »

I just hate crashes but I read about everyone and read every safety column I can find, in 450,000+ mile I've had 3 crashes, could any of them been avoided, the experts say every one can be.

My vote is to keep the thread, pray for our brothers and learn from each other.

Black Dog
2004 FLHTCSE

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 04:48:09 PM »

certinley an interesting debate going on here. although we may not want to advertise that a memebr has had an acident, putting it into announcments was doing just that, and putting it into othere seems like it was being tucked away

as with all changes to the structure of the site, nothing is set in stone if there's a better way. then we'll change it
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 05:05:01 PM »

hd-dude and JC are right, the news needs to be told and maybe it will help someone avoid the same problem or become more careful.
[highlight]I'm sure as HELL looking out for deer![/highlight]

What about lightning?

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1153978937/2#2

This should bring it close to home for those of us on the Mt Evans loop at Cripple Creek.

When the rider was struck by lightning in Colorado some of us were within just miles of the strike.

The group of us led by AK that went near Denver and then south to Colorado Springs on the 25 were within 6 miles of the stike zone and I would estimate within 10 minutes of zero hour on the day of the strike, June 21st.

Now that is too damn scary!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 09:05:29 PM »

Likewise me.

Most assuredly likewise me.  :o

I thought I could skip over this like I do the racing thing (see don't even know what it is about) the humor - mostly not for girls - I don't mind, just don't visit there, the engine mod stuff I don't understand etc.  But this is so high up and has the Red Cross and all..... And what is the order - alphabetical? or the date created?  Oh well, whatever you people think is relevant to others.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I rarely fit in well here anyway, but if anything happened to me - not my bike - I'd rather be anonymous, thanks.   ;)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 10:17:12 PM »

Mrs.We...as far as I'm concerned, you ALWAYS fit in just fine, and I'm always anxious to read whatever it is you have to say  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 10:19:28 PM »

Mrs.We...as far as I'm concerned, you ALWAYS fit in just fine, and I'm always anxious to read whatever it is you have to say

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 10:40:32 PM »

Seems that some have developed deep and deepening friendships here and that news, good or bad, often merits sharing. It would be nice, but unrealistic, to think that this topic will never grow. S happens. I'd also think that most of us routinely check for "new" postings and skip those w/ nothing since our last visit. Like the other threads I'll just be skipping this one unless something "new" shows up. As for the constant reminder, I don't think it is a bad thing to scroll past the big red cross. "It's" always out there and a little reminder doesn't offend me at all. After all, don't we generally tell our mates to "ride safe?" My 2 cents.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 10:39:31 AM »

FireDood is right! And what's really scary is that I agree with him [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

And yes! news of these issues are a part of my lifestyle.
Not a part I want to dwell on, but a fact of life.
Just like when I read about DC Fireman's accident,
I thought "Damn DAWG why?
But I know that if it hadn't had been one of my friends then it would have been someone else's friend.
So if this type of news and the recovery offend anyone then just find another thread to read!

hd-dude and JC are right, the news needs to be told and maybe it will help someone avoid the same problem or become more careful.

[highlight]I'm sure as HELL looking out for deer![/highlight]

YEA ME TOOOOO!!!! Thanks Chip.

To tell everyone the truth I never thought it could happen to me.

Thanks again to everyone. And as always

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

cigarmike

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 10:56:03 AM »

Hearing about riders who have much more experience than me being involved in mishaps, keeps it in my mind that I need to watch it or I may be next.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 11:16:12 AM »

Hearing about riders who have much more experience than me being involved in mishaps, keeps it in my mind that I need to watch it or I may be next.

Washington State is experiencing a huge increase in motorcycle deaths.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 11:19:42 AM by Rjob749 »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 11:51:47 AM »

Bad Karma or not? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] This thread is creating discussion that may in itself provide some vital tip that may save one of us riders from harm. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] As Arsenio Hall used to say, maybe this should be called "Things That Make You Go Hmmmm?"

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2006, 01:16:27 AM »

Having been a mishap, incident, accident, catastrophe or whatever other adjective you would like to place on my near death experience.   I think this forum is a good thing and serves a purpose.

Normally when I travel for work I find myself away for a week or 2 or like the last 2 1/2 months where I have been preoccupied by life / rehab, this forum allows me to see and know whats transpired in my absence, and  to know who to send a message to or to ask if someone needs something etc.   While it may seem a bit morbid, it also serves a purpose.  In my case it helps me to find information more consistently vs. just missing a post where information was buried or in a forum I dont frequent as often.  

It also allows me to add information as needed or reply vs. starting more threads.  It can also be good therapy to share what you want about X incident.

I have added this topic to one of the ones I check, as I feel the prayers and good wishes really help those that need em.  Personal experience is the best teacher :)  

Keep the shiny side up and wear the LID,  ^^^^^^^^^^ see above

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

johnlee

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2006, 08:53:14 AM »

Remember this. Not one of us gets up in the morning knowing something bad is going to happen when we leave our house. If we did then we wouldn't go out at that time. Not a day goes by when my wife of 38 years is riding behind me I don't think of the consequences of making a bad decesion or a cage making one resulting in both of us suffering the mistake. When riding we all give a wave to another rider in passing (sort of makes us all brothers and sisters) without caring who just passed us. This forum topic is about carring about all of you although I will never meet any of you It gives me the oppurtunity to comment and express my good wishes to a family or rider. I feel that if this topic offends one of us then just don't read it. In any case I care about all of you and ride safe.

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2006, 03:27:01 PM »

Reading, seeing or hearing about accidents keeps me a little more focused on what I'm doing. I have to remind myself to slow down all the time. These posts help alot. I been riding the last 35 years and really want to ride another 20+.

Whats good here is you don't have to read the link if you don't want to. I don't read the Market Place links cause I keep buyin stuff.

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2006, 08:22:58 PM »

Reading, seeing or hearing about accidents keeps me a little more focused on what I'm doing. I have to remind myself to slow down all the time. These posts help alot. I been riding the last 35 years and really want to ride another 20+.

I have also been riding for almost 35 years myself come September.
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 21 queries.