Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SERK3 LED Fuel Gauge  (Read 1263 times)

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
SERK3 LED Fuel Gauge
« on: July 15, 2012, 09:33:12 AM »

My LED fuel gauge on my 2007 SERK began acting-up well before my warranty expired, but dummy me kept putting off having it replaced. Two of the 7 LEDs - the 2nd and 3rd from the empty or left side of the display - go out after riding for a few minutes. Funny thing is they always work when the bike is first powered up and started.
Has anyone else had a similar problem, and if so, is there a way to correct it without replacing the entire unit?
Also, the service manual says you just pull it firmly straight up out of the tank after disconnecting the wiring. Can anyone who has actually removed theirs confirm this?

Thanx,

leoniru

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: SERK3 LED Fuel Gauge
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 04:41:51 PM »

My LED fuel gauge on my 2007 SERK began acting-up well before my warranty expired, but dummy me kept putting off having it replaced. Two of the 7 LEDs - the 2nd and 3rd from the empty or left side of the display - go out after riding for a few minutes. Funny thing is they always work when the bike is first powered up and started.
Has anyone else had a similar problem, and if so, is there a way to correct it without replacing the entire unit?
Also, the service manual says you just pull it firmly straight up out of the tank after disconnecting the wiring. Can anyone who has actually removed theirs confirm this?

Thanx,

leoniru
Yes, they pull out, but be careful if you pull too hard, you will go too far after you get it free and bust a wire.  I doubt that any part of that gauge as most electronic devices today can be serviced. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 05:09:46 PM »

In the parts catalog there is no further breakdown beyond the full assembly, so it's rather unlikely you can replace just the led's for instance.  Harley has changed the part number twice since the bikes were built in 2007, so perhaps they have finally come up with a more reliable product? 

The part number currently is 63074-07B, and MSRP is $145.  You should be able to find one at one of the discount dealers for around $120.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 08:38:47 PM »

Thanx for the info guys........I kinda figured it was non-serviceable.

leoniru

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 22 queries.