Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: 2013 Road King CVO Drivers Backrest  (Read 29080 times)

lunker

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • CO

• CVO1: 2007 Road King - FLHRSE3 - Gone
    • CVO2: 2013 Road King Anny - FLHRSE4
    • CVO3: 2013 Convertible - FLSTSE3 (Wife's Ride)
Re: 2013 Road King CVO Drivers Backrest
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2013, 11:46:19 AM »

Oops - I mean "altered".  I would be a little concerned about over-tightening as well.  Not sure how much torque the bolts will accept.

SGME9

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2013, 04:39:01 PM »

Yes I took the knurled knob and had the bottom of it machined hexagonal fit a 1/2 inch wrench. I would not torge on it just tight it is made out of aluminum.

lunker

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • CO

• CVO1: 2007 Road King - FLHRSE3 - Gone
    • CVO2: 2013 Road King Anny - FLHRSE4
    • CVO3: 2013 Convertible - FLSTSE3 (Wife's Ride)
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2013, 05:13:57 PM »

Thanks, that is a good idea - keep from messing up the knobs w/pliers.  What did that cost to have done if you don't mind me asking?  I also considered maybe "coutersinking" the holes in the backrest plate a little (maybe 1/16th or a little more) so I would have a little more bolt exposed and catch a few more threads.  Kind of hate to mess up the powder coating though.   

SGME9

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2013, 05:48:35 PM »

I din't cost me anything to do this. My friend did if for me. I don't think counter sinking will help.

Edgar436

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2013, 07:23:51 PM »

I found this conversion for the passenger backrest on another forum, it is easy and looks pretty good.  I bought everything but the turn buckles (lowes) at ACE Hardware they have a great assortment of chrome bolts, acorns and washers.

2 1/4" X 1" coarse thread hardend bolts. Replaces the 3/4" long bolts in the front saddle bag supports reuse existing washers.

2 Turn buckles stainless steel. you want them to be 5" center to center of the eyelets with the eyelets screwed almost all the way in.

2 Nuts to fit on the right hand threaded side of each turn buckle to act as a locking nut

2 Chrome 3/8" X 2" allen button head bolts. varify this length, it must go through the eyelet, spool, washer and engage the cap nut.

2 Chrome washers for 3/8" bolts

2 Chrome 3/8" cap nuts

2 Detachable hardware spools from HD. I used leftover spools from an old two point docking hardware.

2 Rubber bushings 1/4" ID 3/8" OD approx 1/4" long. These will be used in the lower eyelet to take up slop between the 1/4" bolt and the eylet.

I am going to paint the turn buckles gloss black to make them look better but the seat is rock solid and looks great

JJAA

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE5 #629
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2013, 02:51:14 PM »

I found this conversion for the passenger backrest on another forum, it is easy and looks pretty good. 

Seems to !

It's one of the way I plan.
Can you post other pictures and the link to this other forum ?

Thanks !

Denix

« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2013, 05:22:46 PM »

Picked mine up Saturday at the Denver Motorcycle Show and Swap Meet.  Visited w/Dan - great guy - great product.  Very nice quality workmanship and materials.  I will try it on the bike tonight and take some photos if time allows. 

Satisfaction! I ordered a back rest from Bitchn Stitchn, Dan shipped it to France and I installed it immediately. Great product, very nice finish.
Easy to install.

dynamike

« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2013, 06:35:38 PM »

Put mine on today and I'm very happy with it, another satisfied customer :2vrolijk_21:

ozrobo

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2013, 09:01:42 AM »

Got mine yesterday.....Shiped out to Oz and very happy...

JFERG

« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2013, 08:48:03 PM »

Backrest looks great but how is the pad against your back? I put one from Firehouse Customs on my Deluxe and it had the concave face and it wasn't comfortable. I swapped it for a more flat design. Just wondering before I place my order.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.