Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 Compensator troubles?  (Read 1168 times)

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
2012 Compensator troubles?
« on: September 03, 2012, 11:12:41 PM »

Has anyone had trouble with the compensators on the 12 bikes? Im assuming its the se version the 08a. Mine seems to be clunking at start up and even more so at shut down. Maybe even some vibration and noises. I can disassemble and have a look but not sure exactly what to look for other than the spoke being beat up. Im not that close to the hd bozos so id rather deal with it myself. Is there newer version in the works?
2012 flhxse 11000 miles
Thanks V
Ps only a few wheelies and burnouts

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: 2012 Compensator troubles?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 08:42:19 AM »

My 2011 just had the compensator replaced (16,000 miles). It was supposed to have the new compensator.

The bike always made the clucking noises you described but on two occassions it really made a racket. I left the bike at the shop for a week before they finally decided to disassemble it and take a look. Once apart the compensator looked really good. No visible damage other than some very minor wear scratches were the two parts slide together. They put it back together and when they rode it the noise was back in force. So they replaced the entire assembly.

Now the bike runs like a brand new bike. No noises, no slack in the drive train, nothing but good........

Had anyone seen the old compensator they would have thought it was good.

Do yourself a favor push the dealer to disassemble it and take a look. It might not look bad but maybe after putting it back together the problem will rear its ugly head.

Good Luck! I think the problem is a tolerancing issue and visual look will not show the problem.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.