Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Say a prayer for this rider please:  (Read 2742 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Say a prayer for this rider please:
« on: September 03, 2012, 07:56:54 PM »

Sunday was just one of those days. State HOG Rally Committee meeting this morning... had breakfast with some friends then headed out to Mokuleia to watch the polo matches (OK.. it was for the free food). On the way back up Kaukonahua Road we encounter a motorcycle versus guardrail crash that was BAD.

Multiple lacerations including a bad one to the head, right forearm and hand, and a compound fracture in the lower right leg...

People were on the phone with dispatchers, and two guys were tending to the victim, who was thrown off the road and into deep california grass. Listening to the conversation, I asked if anyone had assessed the right leg beyond what was visible, as his leg was out of view and under the grass.

The concern was bleeding as his leg was his lowest point. I was able to slide down the hill and get to the victim and able to asses. There was a severe laceration on the top of his foot, but it was not bleeding.

A trauma nurse stopped by with bag and supplies... she was better able to asses him, wrap the laceration on his head and forearm.

At this point he was awake, but not 100% coherent. He was however in pain as the EMT's showed up.

We were able to brief the EMT's of each of his known injuries... as reinforcements arrived to help get him out of the ditch. It took some effort to get the victim on the board and finally slide him up and out of the ditch.

EMT's treated and stabilized him in the ambulance and finally took him to be treated.

The ASMI training course I took earlier this year was well worth the time to be able to help a brother during his time of need.

I only know his first name, and brother: Prayers to you for a full and speedy recovery. Your Ohana (Family)was there for you.... prayers to them in thier time of grief as they pray for you also.

To the rest of my brothers and sisters... be safe out there.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

LincolnUSA

• LincolnUSA
  • Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac B X-Pipe, 2.0" Baffles, TTS Mastertune
Re: Say a prayer for this rider please:
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 08:00:55 PM »

Awesome job!  Hope he is ok.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 08:04:28 PM »

Glad you all could help.
Bill

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 08:09:16 PM »

Awesome job!  Hope he is ok.

I hope so too. I have been trying to find out a status update on him.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 08:45:09 AM »

Glad you acted quickly.......you never know when a wound that no one sees can be fatal because of loss of blood. GREAT WORK11
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 09:04:14 AM »

I hope so too. I have been trying to find out a status update on him.
Good on you for you're 'training' and coming to this downed rider's aid.  Hope he survives with minimal damage and some valuable lessons learned.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 09:41:57 PM »

Good on you for you're 'training' and coming to this downed rider's aid.  Hope he survives with minimal damage and some valuable lessons learned.  spyder

It was a two day course: Beginners on day one and Advanced on day two.

http://accidentscene.net/

I highly recommend this for anyone who group rides, or spends a lot of time on the road.

This is NOT a "first aid" course. It is geared specifically at motorcyclists, and how to help others in need as first responders.

UPDATE: The rider had skull fractures, face fractures, right arm fracture, right leg fractures, and of course, multiple lacerations and contusions.

Surgery was done on him Sunday night.. and they took they breathing tube out yesterday... he can speak... how much cranial damage was done will take some time to assess, but for the most part prognosis is good.

I feel blessed that I was given the opportunity to help a brother in his time of need.

Now, I can sleep tonight.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.