Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Part-Number Speedo-/Tachometer 2007 FLHRSE3 - KM/H  (Read 6467 times)

Hardy

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: FXDSE2
Part-Number Speedo-/Tachometer 2007 FLHRSE3 - KM/H
« on: September 28, 2012, 03:38:20 PM »

Hi to everybody,

can someone tell me the Part-Number of the original Speedo-/Tachometer from a 2007 FLHRSE3 with KPH scala?

Peter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Part-Number Speedo-/Tachometer 2007 FLHRSE3 - KM/H
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 04:04:27 PM »

74719-07

Hardy

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 04:25:15 PM »

sent you pm
Peter

Hardy

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 04:34:12 PM »

Hi,

Is that number out of the 2007 FLHRSE3 Parts Manual or aout of a GMA P&A Catalog?

And one mor question:

My dealer here in Gerrmany told me, that he cannot order this Tachometer because it is out of production.
I can't believe that, because I think there are so many bikes on extended warranty and Harley must have the spare Parts.
What do you think??

Peter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 06:20:13 PM »

Hi,

Is that number out of the 2007 FLHRSE3 Parts Manual or aout of a GMA P&A Catalog?

And one mor question:

My dealer here in Gerrmany told me, that he cannot order this Tachometer because it is out of production.
I can't believe that, because I think there are so many bikes on extended warranty and Harley must have the spare Parts.
What do you think??

Peter

That is the part number for the instrument in your bike.  From the parts catalog.

That part number is obsolete.  That was a 2007 year model only part.  Not used on any others.  Unless a dealer somewher has old stock on the shelf it isn't available anymore. 

Warranty or extended service contract won't  help you there either.  They both promise a functional replacement but not an identical replacement.  That means if the original isn't available they are only required to give you some other instrument that does the same thing.

You do have another option though.  You may have to twist the dealer's arm to make him go along as the part is more expensive than the original.

The US domestic bikes show miles per hour.  The international bikes show kph.  The kph instrument is obsolete.  However....

The British bikes, and only the British bikes, displayed both MPH and KPH.  The part number the 07 CVO British Road Kings' speedometer is 75330-07.  It looks like that's still a good number.  It will show more than you need.  But it will at least show what you need in an instrument with the face that you've gotten used to seeing.

Something else to consider; if the dealer says that since they can't get it they must then replace with something else you aren't locked in to the 07 and prior instruments as the descriptions would have you believe.  The instruments that all say "fits 08 and newer" will work.  And there are some good looking replacements you could consider.

The only difference will be that the 08 and newer instruments will have an ABS light in the face of the gauge.  That light just won't do anything on your 07.

Good luck!

Hardy

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 04:12:33 PM »

Is there a way to get an official information from H-D which speedo-/tachometer works with my 2007 flhrse3?
I will prefer this one:  German Catalog page 593 - A.- 70900071A.
But in the German and in the U.S. catalog they wrote: except FLHRSE3. In Germany it's to expensive to buy it first and try if it's work.
Hope somebody can help me.

Peter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 05:16:43 PM »

Is there a way to get an official information from H-D which speedo-/tachometer works with my 2007 flhrse3?
I will prefer this one:  German Catalog page 593 - A.- 70900071A.
But in the German and in the U.S. catalog they wrote: except FLHRSE3. In Germany it's to expensive to buy it first and try if it's work.
Hope somebody can help me.

Peter

Sorry but can't help.  Can't think of a reason why the SERK3 or SERK4 bikes aren't supposed to work with that speedometer (both bikes are listed in that speedometer's "can't use" list).  I do know of a SERK3 that had its speedo swapped out to a different instrument and worked with no problem. 

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.