Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Aux Passing Lamps Install  (Read 30068 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: Aux Passing Lamps Install
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2014, 08:27:15 AM »

QUESTION....
I was just wondering... what if I only wanted the aux lights and not the turn signals? Would it work to use this kit and just omit the turn lamps? I saw in a photo that there is a threaded stud on the bottom of each bracket, but maybe this could simply be removed?

There is no stud on the CUSE passing lamp bracket, however there is a hole just behind where the lamp housing mounts. Before I moved my turns, I simply put a short chrome taper head machine screw & nut to fill it. There is a valley for the turn standoff, but that doesn't show unless you are laying on your back. Bar assembly part # is left - 68836-04a, right - 68837-04a. $85 at 20% dealer. Should you decide, it is easy to add turns later. You can use your existing mount hardware and mount any style spot you want. 
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

• CVO1: '13 CVO Road King, 100th Anniv FLHRSE5
    • CVO2: '13 Camaro
    • CVO3: F250 Super Duty
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2014, 11:52:14 AM »

Thanks 2k, Exactly what I want to do. I know that after awhile I will want to add the turns and get them off of the bars.
"It's All Good" FLHRSE5 110th anniversary, aka.. Road King. bars, Vance & Hines Monster Rounds, H-D Aux light kit, saddlebag guards, always having something else powder coated to black ;) ,  Sundowner seat(when ride is 400+ miles per day)... -aka Todd

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2014, 11:42:29 PM »

got my bars and lights installed , bars are BR's 14''

schmidtdog

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2014, 05:07:24 PM »

Passing lamps look great!! I just purchased the same bike, and was thinking about doing the same thing. Do you know if the passing lamps will fit with the stock windshield? Also, was considering having the passing lamp housings painted orange and leaving the trim rings chrome to match the nacelle/headlight. Thoughts? (Kinda wondering if it would be too much orange.)

Tru-Blu

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2013 Road King in Sapphire Blue (Saphira)
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2014, 07:50:56 PM »

I'm assuming you purchased the Tribal Orange model and not the Green based on your reference to painting the passing lamp housings orange.  I think it would look good.  I think there was at least one other member that did that to their 14 SERK, but you would need to search through the last year's threads in this board to see if I'm remembering correctly or not.

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2014, 12:09:20 AM »

Passing lamps look great!! I just purchased the same bike, and was thinking about doing the same thing. Do you know if the passing lamps will fit with the stock windshield? Also, was considering having the passing lamp housings painted orange and leaving the trim rings chrome to match the nacelle/headlight. Thoughts? (Kinda wondering if it would be too much orange.)
If you are talking about CVO stock windshield yes it fits you can see in my pic. About painting I don't know it is your bike and if you like it go for it and paint it, being different nothing wrong with that.

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2014, 01:45:15 PM »

parts have arrived!!! Install tomorrow...
"It's All Good" FLHRSE5 110th anniversary, aka.. Road King. bars, Vance & Hines Monster Rounds, H-D Aux light kit, saddlebag guards, always having something else powder coated to black ;) ,  Sundowner seat(when ride is 400+ miles per day)... -aka Todd

schmidtdog

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2014, 02:37:30 PM »

T-Roy,
Was wondering if you had a chance to test out those passing lamps yet. I just purchased a 2014 CVO RK, and I want to add some lighting, but not necessarily the Harley passing lamps as I kinda like the clean look of the bike. Are they pretty bright? Do they help much at night, or are they more or less marker lights so the cagers can see you.
Thanks

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2014, 09:52:15 PM »

I have not tried them yet. Hopefully this June. There is a video of the on customdynamics.com and they look really bright.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2014, 06:56:25 AM »

I have not tried them yet. Hopefully this June. There is a video of the on customdynamics.com and they look really bright.

Lots of members here use Motolights, http://www.motolight.com/motorcycle-lights. Personally I like the look of the 3 bulb setup that T-Roy has better.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2014, 11:27:32 PM »

black aux lamp kit    180.00 shipped/ new in box
bulbs                        55.00 new halogen clear lens
hardware kit             17.00 from dealer
bezels                      26.00  new
misc shipping           10.00
-------------------------------------------
                            $ 288.00 total  !!!  I will not charge myself labor  ;D
I have not bought the turn signals lamps yet.. they seem to be about $60.00ish. I should have just pulled the trigger on those  ;)
----
Custom Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit-68000043

Part Number 68000043

$329.95

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 11:34:36 PM by RoadMonkey »

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2014, 06:06:57 PM »

a couple photos.. not great pics, but best I have right now:

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2014, 06:08:14 PM »

how they look from my pov....

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2014, 07:30:28 PM »

here is a front view

Tru-Blu

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2013 Road King in Sapphire Blue (Saphira)
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2014, 02:17:50 PM »

Monkey, that looks fantastic!  On your bike, the chrome housings would not look half as good as that.  Perfect combination of black and chrome to flow with the rest of your bike!  Actually, it looks like it rolled out of MoCo that way - and you can't get any better on a mod than that!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.