Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Another brother gone  (Read 7995 times)

SPIDERMAN

Another brother gone
« on: October 25, 2006, 04:38:56 PM »

Don't know where else to vent a little. No one here in California knew him. I lost a good brother from my days with the MMMC in Maine today. Skip. A good bro, good father and good husband died about 10AM EST from brain cancer. Skip was a hard ridin, hard partyin SOB who could go toe to toe with anyone out there and still be all the things society expected him to be. He truly knew how to live by our motto of " work when you have to, quit when you can, drink when you're thirsty, whoop when you're high, love a good woman, ride till you die.
    My old  Sgt at Arms and one of my closest friends in the world Bad Bob talked to Skip last night and neither of us is left with any understanding of the life process. I know my new friend JR would consel me that it is not for me to understand in this life, but it still hurts. Hurts real bad.  :'(

Vaya con Dios Skip- - - see you on the other side

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Another brother gone
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 04:51:38 PM »

Big B,
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. My condolences go out to you and his family, and I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 04:52:26 PM »

Don't know where else to vent a little. No one here in California knew him. I lost a good brother from my days with the MMMC in Maine today. Skip. A good bro, good father and good husband died about 10AM EST from brain cancer. Skip was a hard ridin, hard partyin SOB who could go toe to toe with anyone out there and still be all the things society expected him to be. He truly knew how to live by our motto of " work when you have to, quit when you can, drink when you're thirsty, whoop when you're high, love a good woman, ride till you die.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 05:07:26 PM »

Big B,
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 05:31:33 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 05:08:23 PM »

Big B...so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend...my thoughts are with you during this time of reflection.

Terry
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

harleydiva

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 05:15:44 PM »

killjoy

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 05:20:40 PM »

Spiderman,

My condolences for your loss. Nothing hurts more and leaves you feeling so empty and powerless. As Ultra said, life is a journey. When I find myself in your shoes, I try to focus on what I gained by knowing the person instead of what I lost when they left me. Doesn't take away the pain, but maybe it helps to remember them for what they brought to life. Sounds like Skip was a helluva guy who gave a lot and left a mark on your soul that will always remain. That's a good thing, the world sure as hell could use a few more Skips.

In Skip's honor... [smiley=drink.gif]

"... When all is said & done, more will be said than done."

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 05:24:25 PM »

Hey Brian sorry about your Bro.There is never anything to say that really helps anyone through times like these.My heart goes out to his family and especially you Bro.If there is anything you want me to do just let me know. L&R,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 05:49:13 PM »

BIG B
SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. I PRAY EVEYDAY FOR A CURE OF THE C WORD. IT ALWAYS TAKES THE GOOD ONES FROM US. TAKE CARE AND BE STRONG, THATS WHAT SKIP WOULD WANT,IM SURE.

DAVE
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 06:44:04 PM »

Big B, I feel your loss.

Somewhere on here I posted about a buddy that we lost to lung cancer in late May.  I think of him daily and hope he runs into Skip, I know they'll toast the good times together if they meet.

Rog

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 06:51:36 PM »

Brian, I'm thinking of you at this trying time

Chin up

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

hogasm

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 07:03:23 PM »

Big B

Sorry for your loss. In some of your stories in MV you talked of Skip and the road the two of you traveled together. Remember those days, they are what made you the man you are today.
Your friend
Hogasm  Brian#14

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 08:00:51 PM »

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I've been thinking about some of the crazy things Skip did and laughing through the tears. Here's one story  We ( MMMC) used to get free camping at the Swap Meet they have in the Drive In at the end of Weirs ( Laconia ) by providing 24 hr security for the Swap Meet. Skip was late getting in and we were wondering what had happened to him. Seems he had worn out a hand grip on his handlebars and couldn't help fiddling around with the hole in the end as he was riding to Laconia. Well he had to stop quick and had his finger stuck in the hole and broke his finger. Man after that Skip always got new handgrips from all of the bros on his birthday and Christmas.

Big B

Hey hogasm - - - -what # Brian am I by the way ?

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 08:23:14 PM »

Brian,

Sorry to hear of your loss. The story you shared in this last post is how Skip lives on. He
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

RedFXR2

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 09:39:53 PM »

My condolences in your loss, Brian.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 09:50:30 PM by RedFXR2 »
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.