Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: What type bars you guys runnin????  (Read 19664 times)

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
Re: What type bars you guys runnin????
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2014, 08:43:11 PM »

Good buy... I thought the box looked familiar. Looks like the same bars and height as mine. Should look awesome when installed.

Good looking ride...

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

• CVO1: '13 CVO Road King, 100th Anniv FLHRSE5
    • CVO2: '13 Camaro
    • CVO3: F250 Super Duty
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 12:43:50 PM »

I'm setting up an appointment to get these installed in the next week or so...

I like those bars. Good looking bike! If I bought a '14, that is the color I would choose.
---------------------------------

I did Install my Wild 1 Chubby baby apes 8.5" WO513 . I did not get a final photo after completion, but I will  :)
"It's All Good" FLHRSE5 110th anniversary, aka.. Road King. bars, Vance & Hines Monster Rounds, H-D Aux light kit, saddlebag guards, always having something else powder coated to black ;) ,  Sundowner seat(when ride is 400+ miles per day)... -aka Todd

JarheadOdie

• CVO1: 2014 CVO RoadKing
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 05:51:55 PM »

another view Billy
Quick question, Harley is playing games now saying I need all the brake lines to put on the 502's and replace the riser because of the bigger diameter. Is that what you had to do?

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2014, 05:51:51 AM »

Jimmy.  I went with the WO 577.   12".  I love em. My hands are over the fairing.  Mo problem here tho.  Brian has the 578s.   Only 10".  You might want to look at those too.   Stuart

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2014, 08:36:00 AM »

Here's my SERK with Flander's Mini Apes.  These have a bit more pullback and are very comfortable.

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 08:39:14 AM »

Here's the Wild One 8.5" Mini Apes on my SERK4.  Wider than the Flanders and a bit lower but very comfortable.

JW

switchhousing

• CVO1: FLHRSEI 2
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2014, 08:39:49 AM »

last Year, 14" Santee and now 11" Santee

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2014, 01:55:12 PM »

Here's the Wild One 8.5" Mini Apes on my SERK4.  Wider than the Flanders and a bit lower but very comfortable.

JW
I am curious...what do you think of the wrist angle of the Flanders mini apes compared to the Wild1 8.5" baby apes ?? For me, if the wild1's were just a tad less wide they would the great!, but overall I am very happy.
"It's All Good" FLHRSE5 110th anniversary, aka.. Road King. bars, Vance & Hines Monster Rounds, H-D Aux light kit, saddlebag guards, always having something else powder coated to black ;) ,  Sundowner seat(when ride is 400+ miles per day)... -aka Todd

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2014, 03:39:37 PM »

I am curious...what do you think of the wrist angle of the Flanders mini apes compared to the Wild1 8.5" baby apes ?? For me, if the wild1's were just a tad less wide they would the great!, but overall I am very happy.

The Flander's are a bit more angled down vs straight knuckles in the wind but I like them on my SERK.  However, I completely agree on the W1's about 1.5 - 2" narrower would be perfect.  I've had them so long I no longer notice.

JW

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2014, 09:07:27 PM »

Thank you... I appreciate your opinion!

Simpleman1025

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2014, 12:49:30 AM »

I like the width and angle of the stock handlebars on my 2013 FLHRSE5. I need more reach, no more than 8"-12". Which bar would give the same width and angle would you recommend?

King2013

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2014, 11:37:31 PM »

I like those bars. Good looking bike! If I bought a '14, that is the color I would choose.
---------------------------------

I did Install my Wild 1 Chubby baby apes 8.5" WO513 . I did not get a final photo after completion, but I will  :)

I'm sure this has probably been answered but, i like those bars. did you have to buy any additional parts (wires, hydr line extensions or mounting) for the install?
how much if a pain was feeding the wires threw the bars?
TIA

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2014, 11:31:19 AM »

I'm sure this has probably been answered but, i like those bars. did you have to buy any additional parts (wires, hydr line extensions or mounting) for the install?
how much if a pain was feeding the wires threw the bars?
TIA
For the WO513's I was able to use all the stock lines and wiring. The hydraulic lines are easily long enough. The wiring was shortened, but still had just enough to work with. I think I would have liked the 10" vs the 8.5", but the wiring would not be long enough for that deal. I had to get the adapter to fit the CVO mounting area because the new bars are only 1 inch in the center and the bar mounting on our bikes is for 1 1/4 bars.
Running the wires thru the bars was not that bad, but taking the wiring connectors apart and back together was time consuming. I pulled the harness thru the bars tied with a thin cord and a little soap water. So, at the end of the day, I am happy!

King2013

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2014, 05:32:56 PM »

For the WO513's I was able to use all the stock lines and wiring. The hydraulic lines are easily long enough. The wiring was shortened, but still had just enough to work with. I think I would have liked the 10" vs the 8.5", but the wiring would not be long enough for that deal. I had to get the adapter to fit the CVO mounting area because the new bars are only 1 inch in the center and the bar mounting on our bikes is for 1 1/4 bars.
Running the wires thru the bars was not that bad, but taking the wiring connectors apart and back together was time consuming. I pulled the harness thru the bars tied with a thin cord and a little soap water. So, at the end of the day, I am happy!

Thanks for the info.
Can you give me a break down on prices and part numbers you used for the project?
I was at the stealership today to order the mounting kit for the aux lights I'm doing and asked about the heritage style bars. The parts guy told me i wouldn't need any additional parts to do that swap, so I wondered over to the shop area and asked them how much they would charge to do the bars, ready for this?? He told me the labor alone would be starting at $400.00. They're frigging nuts. I have to find me a good local indy.

JarheadOdie

• CVO1: 2014 CVO RoadKing
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2014, 05:57:02 PM »

Thanks for the info.
Can you give me a break down on prices and part numbers you used for the project?
I was at the stealership today to order the mounting kit for the aux lights I'm doing and asked about the heritage style bars. The parts guy told me i wouldn't need any additional parts to do that swap, so I wondered over to the shop area and asked them how much they would charge to do the bars, ready for this?? He told me the labor alone would be starting at $400.00. They're frigging nuts. I have to find me a good local indy.

Labor to install WO502 on my 2014 was 7 hours just over 600 dollars so you are getting a fair deal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.