Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: New SERK Delivery/Progress Reports  (Read 11901 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Re: New SERK Delivery Date
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 05:37:06 PM »

By the way the black is awesome. I ahve it and it just glows in the sun. Hard to get a good picture with all the chrome
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 05:39:13 PM »

I'm sure you guys will let me know if I forgot anything. Hopefully, you'll be seeing pics within the next 3 weeks! Happy New Year all!
Hoist, after putting another 100 miles on mine yesterday (about 250 total now) I've learned that I have to do something with the seat.  It pushes me too far forward.  I'm going to move the backrest back a notch first but I've got a feeling I'm going to be looking for a deeper, wider seat for both me and my always picky, sometimes passenger.  
some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 05:43:18 PM »

WideOpen/Hoist,

I might as well jump in too.  Can you please give me the part numbers for the auxiliary light kits?  I stayed up late last night marking pages in the HD catalog.  Want to make sure I get the correct one that fits.  I take it you are also relocating the signals next to the aux. lights?  Bullet style signals?

Hoist,

I'll show my ignorance again,, what is W/C?

BTW, just got back form a HD store.  They had  a Black SERK on the floor.  Looked great [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif], but they wanted about $3K over MSRP :o.  I did happen to notice the cutouts on the spacers between the bags and the frame.  On the Street Glides, it is where an antenna is installed.  Not sure what it is for on these bikes.  Tourpack supports?

Thanks,
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 05:46:33 PM »

I have not seen the custom turn kit . What is the # and are they front or rear or both? Thanks Bill

Hey Billy, They're not custom. The signals are relocated when you add the Aux Light Kits on P. 519. You can leave them on the bars with the Aux light kit on p.518. The rear are turn signal/brake light conversion kit from a Dyna on p.735. It's not offered for FLH's, but it works for the SERK. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 06:00:11 PM »

I also replaced the passenger pegs with passenger floorboards.  I didn't realize at the time I specified them what I was getting into.  There are three components required.  A mounting bracket, the floorboard kit with the Ironside insert and the chrome cover for when it's in the "up" position.  Maybe that's four components.  Anyway, when I added them up, I found it cost me $535 plus labor to put on floorboards.  Ouch!  Then they didn't give me the pegs they took until I asked for them.  The pegs alone are $150 plus their chrome mounting brackets.  The same pegs can be mounted up front as highway pegs.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 06:11:33 PM »

I also replaced the passenger pegs with passenger floorboards.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 02:40:39 AM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 06:42:22 PM »

Hoist, after putting another 100 miles on mine yesterday (about 250 total now) I've learned that I have to do something with the seat.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 02:41:05 AM by Hoist »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 07:01:53 PM »

WideOpen/Hoist,

I might as well jump in too.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 07:02:12 PM by Hoist »

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 07:29:10 PM »

Thanks Hoist!!

I saw in one of my searches a member that has already relocated his signals and installed the aux. lights.  Looks great [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Appreciate you letting me follow along.

CBM
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 07:33:20 PM »

Thanks Hoist!!

I saw in one of my searches a member that has already relocated his signals and installed the aux. lights.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 08:45:37 PM »

Another step closer now! My salesman just called to wish me a Happy Holiday and to tell me that the delivery dates have been pretty good. I'm now counting days! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] 17 days til shipping! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] I can't wait. I'll bet you guys can't either. You won't have to put up with this lunatic
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006, 10:16:25 PM »

Thanks for the part #'s. Please show pictures when they are on the bike.       Bill
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2006, 09:11:23 AM »

Hey rb, I was wondering about the seat myself. I've changed thes seats on my previous RK's. I was hoping this one would be OK. How tall are you? I kinda like the seating position and I'll remove the rider backrest if I have to. I don't care about that too much.
Hoist, I'm 6 ft tall, about 225 lbs.  Last night I took the seat off and moved the rider backrest bracket from the next to last position to all the way back to the last position.  I haven't ridden yet but just setting on it in the garage, I was pleasantly surprised at how it feels.  I'll let you know more after the rain stops and I can take it out but I think this may be the cure to keep from feeling like I'm being pushed forward and crowded onto the fuel tank.

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2006, 09:33:15 AM »

(...)
I'm relocating the turn signals, but ordered the ones in the catalog, not knowing whether the handlebar ones will work or not. If they're the same, I'll return the new ones.

69227-04A Aux Light Bracket Kit
(...)

I have ordered them too, they are the same as on my SEEG2. My dealer told me the turn signals from the handlebar do not fit. It seems they'll have to go into the same box in the garage as the passenger pegs.

Cheers,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2006, 10:04:59 AM »

Hoist, I'm 6 ft tall, about 225 lbs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.