Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: Bluetooth Module  (Read 14650 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Bluetooth Module
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2007, 11:56:57 PM »

Inthe center of the "Y" is the plug that is not used. The others are labled XM, CB, Ultra.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2007, 11:59:09 PM »

This is the BT on top of the HK radio.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2007, 12:00:53 AM »

Ok 2ln, here are the pix of the bluetooth during instalation.

This is the overlay harness pluged in. There is one plug that is not used on both ends of this harness. One side is a four pin the other is eight pin. They are NOT used.

Thanks AJ.  Definitely food for thought should I ever need to go this way.  Big hunks of the overlay harness not used and lots of lenght unnecessary.  I'm thinking that a slit opened insulator wrap, some happy snips with the side cutters, a tray of pins and about 15 minutes with a crimping tool could make this a much smaller and more manageable harness.  But then again not everyones fairing is as full of chit as mine has become.....

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2007, 12:02:46 AM »

I tried to coil the 6' harness up and put it on top of the unit. This did not work for me. We wound up putting it around the headlight loosely. The main harness above the radio was pulled up to mount the BT on top of it.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2007, 12:02:57 AM »

This is the BT on top of the HK radio.

That little puppy is thicker than I'd hoped.  Would need some trial and error to know for sure.  But I'm guessing that it on top of the amplifier that is already on top of the XM module might not fit under the fairing. 

Hmmmmmmm.....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2007, 12:05:31 AM »

I tried to coil the 6' harness up and put it on top of the unit. This did not work for me. We wound up putting it around the headlight loosely. The main harness above the radio was pulled up to mount the BT on top of it.

Not surprising.  That main overlay harness that is primary for the Harmon Kardon systems is large to begin with.  Adding more on top of it is going to make this tight quarters no matter how you try it. 

Sounds like you got it all in and working in good shape though.  Congrats on a productive day for all the bike chores.  So does this have you ready for spring yet?

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2007, 12:06:07 AM »

Thanks AJ.  Definitely food for thought should I ever need to go this way.  Big hunks of the overlay harness not used and lots of lenght unnecessary.  I'm thinking that a slit opened insulator wrap, some happy snips with the side cutters, a tray of pins and about 15 minutes with a crimping tool could make this a much smaller and more manageable harness.  But then again not everyones fairing is as full of chit as mine has become.....

You're right 2ln. I probably should have cut the harness to size. It would take a few minutes but, if there were other items inside it would free up some room.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2007, 12:11:54 AM »

That little puppy is thicker than I'd hoped.  Would need some trial and error to know for sure.  But I'm guessing that it on top of the amplifier that is already on top of the XM module might not fit under the fairing. 

Hmmmmmmm.....

It would be real tough if you had the Hog Wired in there. You would have to move the harness for sure.

Not surprising.  That main overlay harness that is primary for the Harmon Kardon systems is large to begin with.  Adding more on top of it is going to make this tight quarters no matter how you try it. 

Sounds like you got it all in and working in good shape though.  Congrats on a productive day for all the bike chores.  So does this have you ready for spring yet?

I'm ready for Daytona!

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2007, 12:19:56 AM »

Now for my next problem... I bought a Nextel Blackberry 7100i off ebay to work w/ this unit. After pairing it up it did not see my phone book. I then switched back to my i870 and it did not see the phone book but, I had calller ID. I think I'm gonna call HD or HK tomorrow on tis one.

This is me trying to find Gene's #. The coloring on the wires is very minute. I had the two yellow wires crossed and had no power. I called Gene and he took off his fairing to help walk us through it.

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2007, 12:38:29 AM »

here is the harness that gets replaced with the overlay
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2007, 12:44:44 AM »

In my fingers is the 6 ft BT  harness  showing the route encompassing all the electronics and just 2 times around took care of its 6 ft length.  since it came with factory soldered pins at the end  , i felt to cut it down and add more places for resistance might be a issue,therefore just left it long.  It really dosnt take up much room this way  IMHO. :nixweiss:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2007, 12:51:55 AM »

This is the part # of the harness and  my thumb indicates one of the  unused plugs, index finger is the connector of the overlay and the 6ft BT. i located it up near the windshield and wrapped its legnth twice around.  8)

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2007, 04:38:12 PM »

Here is AJ working Magic on the wires...

ual767plt

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2007, 07:44:54 PM »

Hi Guys.....I just purchased the bluetooth module and am willing to try the fairing install.  A couple of questions: 1) How did you 'secure' the bluetooth module to the XM module, and 2) If I 'shorten' the overlay harness, how long should I leave it?  Thanks in advance for any info!    Rick
'20 FLHTKSE

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2007, 09:46:07 AM »

Hi Guys.....I just purchased the bluetooth module and am willing to try the fairing install.  A couple of questions: 1) How did you 'secure' the bluetooth module to the XM module, and 2) If I 'shorten' the overlay harness, how long should I leave it?  Thanks in advance for any info!    Rick
Plt, You would 'shorten' the trunk harness. I would only take out about 3 feet. The BT module is attached to the radio w/ the supplied velcro pads.

On another note...

I went to the HD seminar on the HK advanced radio. Spoke to the Harley rep 'Hillbilly'. As he was demonstrating the radio I saked him to pair my Nextel 7100i phone to the demo bike. He couldn't!!! This phone is listed on their page as compatable but it is NOT. I then asked if the was a list of known phones that were indeed worked and was told that "because the carriers change their software so often, we don't have a list but my Razor works." While he was demostrating it he dropped calls and had as much of a hard time placing calls as the rest of us. Needless to say I was not impressed. My advice would be to try the phone compatablity before you buy. AJ
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 22 queries.