Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paint Protection for front forks '18 CVO RG  (Read 2245 times)

RG13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

Paint Protection for front forks '18 CVO RG
« on: February 18, 2018, 11:45:39 AM »

Has anyone ever used any paint protection films to protect their bikes.  I'm interested in something to protect the gloss black forks.  I can see them chipping and getting scratched very easily.   There's a guy on YouTube who bought 3m film on amazon, cut it to fit his forks and applied it himself.  There's another guy from "cruzarmor" (it's a company) who sells the film already cut to size and ready to go, for $40.  OR  Should I just go to a professional tint and car wrap guy and pay him to do it?  Any thoughts/recommendations?

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
Re: Paint Protection for front forks '18 CVO RG
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 04:22:29 PM »

Has anyone ever used any paint protection films to protect their bikes.  I'm interested in something to protect the gloss black forks.  I can see them chipping and getting scratched very easily.   There's a guy on YouTube who bought 3m film on amazon, cut it to fit his forks and applied it himself.  There's another guy from "cruzarmor" (it's a company) who sells the film already cut to size and ready to go, for $40.  OR  Should I just go to a professional tint and car wrap guy and pay him to do it?  Any thoughts/recommendations?

I opted for my local tint shop to install the protective 3m clear film.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 01:08:57 PM »

Pretty easy to do. Lots of Video's out there showing how, and it can be bought in 6" wide rolls pretty cheap on Ebay and probably Amazon. I cut sections and put on every bike I ever bought where the tank could contact the bike. Not much effort and cheap. You will need a bondo spreader or equal and a spray bottle to wet the surface. I used to use one drop of dawn in a old glass cleaner spray bottle filled with warm water, now just use Stoner Brand Window cleaner.
One thing I think is important is to be sure it is 3M brand. Holds up better in the long run.

RG13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 09:58:40 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  Will probably order the film through amazon and try it myself.

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 24 queries.