Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A/C Upgrade  and brake light kits for 07 CUSE  (Read 1196 times)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
A/C Upgrade  and brake light kits for 07 CUSE
« on: January 28, 2007, 01:56:50 PM »

Several of you have told me that the SE Ultra does not come with the upgraded A/C components. (I understand the SERK does, but not the CUSE?)

Anyone have impressions of the SE A/C?  K & N sytem? Big Sucker from Ness?  I will be going with the v & H TD's and ovals.

I had the MoCo catalog out and could not find them.  When I ran the model on K & N site, nothing came up either.  Any part numbers or catalog page reference numbers would be appreciated.

It is my understanding I will need the backing plate and other assorted goodies to make this happen.

As for the conversion kit for the rear brake light/turn signal kit to make 'em all light up when you apply the brakes, does Kuryakan sell the panacea set for this model?  I have it on my Heritage and really like the way it lights up all three devices. The LED lights really make a difference IMHO.

I do not have the Kuryakan catalog, so I'll try a web search on those.

Thanks again.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: A/C Upgrade  and brake light kits for 07 CUSE
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 02:10:53 PM »

Several of you have told me that the SE Ultra does not come with the upgraded A/C components. (I understand the SERK does, but not the CUSE?)

Anyone have impressions of the SE A/C?  K & N sytem? Big Sucker from Ness?  I will be going with the v & H TD's and ovals.

I had the MoCo catalog out and could not find them.  When I ran the model on K & N site, nothing came up either.  Any part numbers or catalog page reference numbers would be appreciated.

It is my understanding I will need the backing plate and other assorted goodies to make this happen.

As for the conversion kit for the rear brake light/turn signal kit to make 'em all light up when you apply the brakes, does Kuryakan sell the panacea set for this model?  I have it on my Heritage and really like the way it lights up all three devices. The LED lights really make a difference IMHO.

I do not have the Kuryakan catalog, so I'll try a web search on those.

Thanks again.

Roll Your Own:
Copied from 2LN (all credit due him):

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1167768260/0

or "Roll your own" (cite to GRC):

Back Plate, Chrome             29510-05  
Gasket                              29583-01A  
Breather Tube - rubber (2)  29557-05  
"O" ring (2)                        11292  
Stud, mounting (3)              29447-99A  
Screw, button head (3)        3938  

You reuse the original breather hollow bolts, but if you need new ones for some reason the part number is 29465-99.  

As for the tail light kit, you will need Kuryakan # 4518 (? maybe 4815) Red LED lightbulbs. Do NOT use the Drag Specialities LED it will not work. You hav etho change the color of the turn signals from amber to red. An alterative is to use a clear bulb w/ a red lense.  The install is simple. You simply remove the seat, unpulg the connector going to the back of the bike and plug in the adapter. You do not even have to take off the lens covers for the lights. Hope this helps. I'll try to post pixthis afternoon. AJ

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 05:47:43 PM »

John, I'm going with the Doherty PP and Power Vents because of the rave reviews here. I can also use the S&S Teardrop A/C cover, which is my preference anyway. But they make the backplate for the HD A/C covers as well. Their performance, quality and flexibility on cover choice led me to go with them. I should be receiving it next week. Of course I'll get you pics! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 06:15:06 PM »

Alright Cobalt,
On the left is the smoked lens w/ red LED on the right is red lens w/ clear bulb. I installed the red LED strip today.

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 07:45:35 PM »

Looks good hard10.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Was the LED strip a tough install?  I think I saw a thread on it here somewhere, so I'll take a look and see.

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 07:46:47 PM »

John, I'm going with the Doherty PP and Power Vents because of the rave reviews here. I can also use the S&S Teardrop A/C cover, which is my preference anyway. But they make the backplate for the HD A/C covers as well. Their performance, quality and flexibility on cover choice led me to go with them. I should be receiving it next week. Of course I'll get you pics! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Thanks Howie.  I'll do a search and try to catch up on the Doherty.  Didn't you already buy the K & N?

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 08:09:17 PM »

Looks good hard10.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Was the LED strip a tough install?  I think I saw a thread on it here somewhere, so I'll take a look and see.

Cobalt here is the link:

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1132970136/all-150

The install went fine but you have other things to worry about before you cross that bridge.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 08:12:25 PM »

Thanks Howie.  I'll do a search and try to catch up on the Doherty.  Didn't you already buy the K & N?

Yup, sure did! :o I guess I'll keep it with the SE A/C assembly I remove when I put the PP on. You never know when you'll need a complete SE A/C assembly! ;) Hoist! 8-)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 08:13:45 PM »

Alright Cobalt,
On the left is the smoked lens w/ red LED on the right is red lens w/ clear bulb. I installed the red LED strip today.

Lookin' good AJ. Nice work man! Hoist! 8-)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 08:34:38 PM »

http://www.dohertymachine.com/index.php?cPath=2

Ok, I think this is the one that should fit our 07's correct?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 08:36:15 PM »

http://www.bikemanperformance.com/products/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=23&products_id=395&osCsid=d03515324556d40f6f6d28d1b

Howie,

Is this the PP that you were referencing?

This is the manufacturer, Doherty Machine, go here.

http://www.dohertymachine.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_27&products_id=23

They give us a discount but it's on sale right now, no further discount. I got it with the Power Vents. ;) Hoist! 8-)

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 25 queries.