Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 16 SG CVO Tourpak & speaker addition tips  (Read 5015 times)

IRNEngineer

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHT Black Denim
Re: 16 SG CVO Tourpak & speaker addition tips
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 11:12:23 AM »

262 CVO 16 - I was told that lights can be added to the Tourpak with speakers.  It was one of the options discussed with the "HD Chrome Consultant" when we fitted the bike from the dealer. Some say the wiring harness it the same as the Ultra, but I can tell you that the Tourpak speaker kit DOES NOT allow for passenger volume and mode control of the Infotainment system on the SG. So there must be some differences.

bigchuck - We have discussed non-HD speakers.  I spoke with Pete at CustomzSoundz in Sioux Falls, SD, but he is a bit of a purist when it comes to sound.  He doesn't want to put his speakers in a Boom 2 system - says it'll still "sound like crap". I don't believe the HD Boom 2 is the best available, but I didn't want any warranty issues with HD on a brand new bike, so we stayed with the HD system. Also, Pete won't use the saddlebag lid speakers and instead installs speakers in the lowers. He pulls all the Boom 2 speakers & amps and installs new.  His systems sound fantastic - but I just don't want to replace the bag lids on top of the extra $ for a new system. I know there are others (J&M, etc...) but I'm hopeful the Boom 2 will be okay.

Regarding the install of an amp in each saddlebag - I thought they were going to install both in one bag, but they put one in each instead.  I'm okay with it. As you said, probably would be a heat issue with both in the same bag.

FYI -  We are still having problems with the Tourpak speakers.  4 hours at the dealer on Wednesday and no solution. Replaced both speakers (tested blown) and there is still a problem when the Volume Speed Control is on. So the technician swapped the two amps but the problem remained with the Tourpak speakers - so it's not the amp.  Retested the new speakers and now they are also testing blown. I don't want to replace them again until we have some better answers about the problem source. These systems are set up for 6 & 8 speakers, so the problem is perplexing everyone. Lucky me, a "unique" problem nobody knows how to fix!
'16 SG CVO Carbon Crystal
12" LA Choppers Twin Peaks - Black
Vance & Hines Power Duals with 4" Rinehart
Klock Werks 5" Windshield
Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner
Detachable Colormatch Tourpak & RG Limited CVO Seat
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.