Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 cvo st glide seats  (Read 3264 times)

paco

2011 cvo st glide seats
« on: June 20, 2011, 04:46:47 PM »

After 11,000 miles on the stock seat my wife hates the seat. I'm 6'2 and like the fact that it sits back and has a low riding feel to the road. Any other seats we looked at raise both of us and the bike feels very different in the corners. Any suggestions of seats that we may try or are we left to customizing?

jcd520

Re: 2011 cvo st glide seats
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 05:23:32 PM »

I love the mustang sport touring seat but I will tell you it sits you up and forward----------I love that position at 6'3" but it doesn't sound like you will. You might try a corbin---------they normally move you down and back.

paco

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 05:52:39 PM »

Did it change the feel of the ride [especially in the corners] when you went with a different seat?

jcd520

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 06:06:49 PM »

Not to me. I personally feel that the electraglides handle better seated forward and up on the tank  a little more. The seat (mustang) does raise you up some , but I need that because of my height. I know that is not the consensus of everyone but it fits me very well. The Mustangs to me are the most comfortable seats I have ever had for touring and I have tried them all at one time or another.Again , that is just my opinion , not everyone is built the same.Here is a picture for  your convenience-------Oh and by the way , your wife/gf,whatever will love it. Very comfy.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:09:40 PM by jcd520 »

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 06:15:42 PM »

I love the Corbin low and firm, 150 miles without getting off the bike....

paco

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 06:23:27 PM »

beautiful bike! I see you have the factory tour pack also. Under Mustang sport seats they make a few models. Do you have the wider pillion or narrower one on the back? Also I see you went with a taller windshield...what kind is it?  I have the orange color with the same set up as you have except for a 8 1/2" Klock Werks windshield. we went from Rochester MN to the Blueridge Mtns Parkway and back this last week. Even with an Air Hawk cushion my wife was miserable.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 06:55:27 PM »

Use the search feature and type in "seat" and you'll come up with a weeks worth of reading.

I'd say by far, the majority here have either a Mustang or Corbin.  The Corbin sits you back a bit (I'm 6'4") and very comfortable....even after 12 hours in the saddle.

Corbin Classic Solo....
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »

and the Corbin Classic Solo with the Touring Passenger Pillion and King Tour Pack Backrest from Corbin....
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 08:57:46 PM »

I've got  a similar situation as the original post so I'll ask the question my wife would like. Is there a seat that keeps me in a similar position as the stock seat, but improves the seating for the passenger? I too like where I am on the stock seat but the wife hates her half...
2011 FLHXSE2

paco

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 10:54:16 AM »

to jcz...Does your wife ride a lot with you and how does she like the passenger pillion? Is there plenty of room for the passenger between your backrest and her's?

J B

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG CC
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 11:25:41 AM »

Hijacking the question to JCZ -
Corbin also makes a "slim trunk rest," shown here. I like the more streamlined look, and my gal actually likes not having the arm rests (feels less "boxed in").  When we ride 2-up I usually take my backrest off, because it does make her feel a little cramped. We both do fit, but it's less comfy with my backrest between. I'm 6' and lean, she's 5'8 and curvy.
The rider backrest just slides in an out, so easy enough to ditch (or you can bolt it in if you want).

Keep in mind the tourpak has two different mounting positions (onto the hardware), forward or back, which makes about an inch or so of difference. I mounted mine forward, because I ride 1-up much more often, but I am planing to re-mount for the sumer touring season so she'll have more room.

Sorry I don't have a better profile pic.

2010 SESG CC
Feuling Reaper Cams
Fullsac Cores
Wild 1 Bagger Apes
CycleSmiths Banana Boards
Walter's Workshop Extended Levers
Kuryakyn Plate Frame
LED Light Show by Metal Dragon
Seating by Corbin
Sound by Hawg Wired

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 11:28:26 AM »

to jcz...Does your wife ride a lot with you and how does she like the passenger pillion? Is there plenty of room for the passenger between your backrest and her's?

Actually, she rides her own bike.  She has an 09 Street Glide that has over 40,000 miles on it and she rides with the Corbin Classic Solo Close (it moves you forward).  However, she did ride back from Colorado to Calif. on the back of mine (two solid days on the back) and she said it was as comfortable as her seat.

There are a number of members on the SE Street Glide board that ride 2 up all the time that have the same set up as I do....maybe they'll weigh in.

Here's a link that shows a number of pics of her seat.....   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=32927.msg531074#msg531074

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 11:44:01 AM »

Another view of my seat in the 2 up position.  The back rest with the long arms comes in real handy on the long haul rides as the passenger can actually take a nap (my ex used to do it all the time).....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg642302#msg642302

Another that shows just the p-pad....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg664196#msg664196 

And another that shows the tour pack in the solo position with the solo backrest pad (my wife has the same for her chopped tour pack).... http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg676280#msg676280   

West Coast GTG   

paco

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 12:28:25 PM »

JCZ and JB....Thanks for all the help. The pictures are great. You have the identical bike my buddy has..love that blue. I talked to Corbin and found out that they can customize my seat for length, height, firmness and will do the same for my wifes pillion. My wife road with me 17 out of the 21k miles we did last year, most of them on a Ultra Classic. I like the idea on an occasion that I can show a single seat on the bike. You guys have been great help, many thanks. If you are ever in Rochester,Mn you will find me most of the time at RBC Wealth Management. Just ask for Frank. I would be glad to buy lunch /supper.

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 01:11:09 PM »

I am happy with my Corbin and my wife is too!!

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 22 queries.