Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Diamond Cut Jugs  (Read 7297 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Diamond Cut Jugs
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 11:09:50 PM »

I'm having my top end off due to leaks as well. Will the Diamond Cut alone cause any warpage as described above? will it mess up the stock Flat Black factory Powdercoat? I assume the heads must come apart? Should anything be done to the heads (hot set-up tricks) while they're out? I'm probably doing the 251 cams (no gear drive in this ticking time bomb) and 50 mm SE Throttlebody w/larger injectors. Leaving the stock pistons. Don't want higher compression with this potential grenade! I'll leave the stock oil pump and cam plate for now. I like the stock, non-adjustable pushrods, so those will remain. What about lifters. If the stock are OK, I'd prefer to leave as much stock chit in this thing as possible for my future battle with the MoCo, which seems inevitable! Measuring crank runout first, and from what I hear, I have no reason to be optimistic about that either! Just hoping it's reasonable at this point.

With just a mild hop-up in mind, what are any other must-haves based on what I've stated here? C'mon experts, now I'm finally serious about this. Motor's coming apart next month. Help a brotha out!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Diamond Cut Jugs
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 12:28:47 PM »

SPYDER I also asked the same question. It seems the factory DOES NOT use a heat setting as high as most powder coaters use. I think it is a time thing but not completely sure.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Mike, I think you and I spoke about this once previously.  But it's been long enough ago I wouldn't swear to it.

There was a concern (voiced by the machinist at Zippers that worked on the jugs) that many powder coaters bake at too high a temp.  Problems can result. 

Can't speak to any others.  But everyone involved in my work seemed of the opinion that Sumax knew what they were doing here and would not be a hazard.  The pistons fit the jugs just fine so, apparently, all was well on that job.  Sumax was slower than 49cc scooter carrying me and Dawg together.  But their work was apparently top notch both in terms of visual appearance and in familiarity with the requirements of what they were working on.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.