Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it possible?  (Read 1355 times)

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
Is it possible?
« on: May 18, 2007, 08:29:24 PM »

I wonder how much of the TC96/110 powerlant comes from suppliers in China like the one below?
1. Harley Davidson Motorcycle Part - Sheng-E Enterprise Development Co.,Ltd
( Origin : Taiwan )
Main Products: Manufacturers & Suppliers of Motorcycle engine parts & ATV engine parts & accessory- cylinder, cylinders, piston kit, piston kits, connecting rods, connecting rod, cylinder head, piston, piston rings, custom piston ring, piston pin, crank shafts ( crankshaft), cam shaft, camshaft, bearing, valve, spark plug, gasket, chain, rock arm, oil seal, valve rocker arm, exhaust valve, Harley Davidson Motorcycle parts.

kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Re: Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 08:31:24 PM »

OFF TOPIC HERE , you made 100 posts, Congratulations, now back to your post......
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Tros

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 10:31:49 PM »

I wonder how much of the TC96/110 powerplant comes from suppliers in China like the one below?
1. Harley Davidson Motorcycle Part - Sheng-E Enterprise Development Co.,Ltd
( Origin : Taiwan )
Main Products: Manufacturers & Suppliers of Motorcycle engine parts & ATV engine parts & accessory- cylinder, cylinders, piston kit, piston kits, connecting rods, connecting rod, cylinder head, piston, piston rings, custom piston ring, piston pin, crank shafts ( crankshaft), cam shaft, camshaft, bearing, valve, spark plug, gasket, chain, rock arm, oil seal, valve rocker arm, exhaust valve, Harley Davidson Motorcycle parts.

I'm curious, I went to the company web sites and found no reference to the MOCO but they do make parts for the metric big 4.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 10:43:50 PM »

You know this topic needs to be viewed in two areas. One is the quality of the parts involved and the other is what all of this offshore manufacturing has done to the middle class of the United States.

First off - - - quality. That depends on what the customer is paying for and what QA procedures they have in place. China is one of the world's oldest societies. They were casting bronze when the First Americans here were chipping stone arrowheads. They built clocks before anyone in Switzerland knew what a clock was. And so on. The concept of cheap Chinese products is mostly the clones and ripoffs that find their way into our marketplace. They are more than capable of mass producing quality products at rates we can only dream of due to unions and worker entitlements.

Now, having said all that, this is the bed we have made for ourselves in allowing our government to sign treaties like NAFTA to name one. Also, anyone who shops at WALMART, TARGET, K-MART, SAMS CLUB etc should not be pointing fingers unless they are pointing at themselves. The American consumer demands products at cheaper prices than can be produced in our own country, so nations with emerging economies are only too glad to oblige. Part of the problem with gas prices is that our thirst for cheap goods has created so many factories in China that there is now a Chinese middleclass with money to buy automobiles for which they need gasoline to run. China's consumption of oil products has skyrocketed in the past 5 years. They will soon be the leading economy of the world. And not to get political or anything, but the 1.7 trillion $$$ that GWB has squandered in IRAQ has been floated by selling T-bills which Chinese investors have been only too happy to buy.

So I'd say the least of our worries is what parts H-D farms out to Chineses machine shops.

B B

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 07:09:23 AM »

Spiderman, I agree 100% with what you are saying. My point is chasing profit dollars and cutting costs has gotten HD in trouble before.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 07:58:42 AM »

In the chase of corporate profits we are destroying the middle class (who pays for everything) .

My company within 2 years will have offshored 60% of my team to people who have poor skills and no loyalty.

The future looks dark unless the younger generation can re-instill the love for quality american craftsmanship.  I feel strongly that what we build here can be the best anywhere .
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 11:04:49 AM »

In the chase of corporate profits we are destroying the middle class (who pays for everything) .

My company within 2 years will have offshored 60% of my team to people who have poor skills and no loyalty.

The future looks dark unless the younger generation can re-instill the love for quality american craftsmanship.  I feel strongly that what we build here can be the best anywhere .
[/color]

I coudn't agree more nidan, but who will give them the chance ? And more importantly who will buy that $1,000 chest of drawers over the one costing $300 at the local discount furniture store. And even now, how any people buy a Curtis Mathis television ? And so on. And finally, where will the workers to build all these things come from ? Both of my daughters were groomed from infancy to find themselves in high paying white collar careers. My oldest is a 3rd year Med Student at U Michigan in Ann Arbor and my youngest with a college degree in her pocket is gain experience in the field of trauma counselling before going on to grad school and a Masters degree in physcotherapy. Had I had sons, I wouldn't have brought them up to be craftsmen or machinists etc. So to answer my own question, American manufacturing will make a return to the world marketplace with immigrant labor just as the first industrial revolution was founded on the hands and backs of immigrant labor.Then - - - Italian, French, Irish, Scottish, German etc.  Now - - - - - Mexican, Honduran, Guatemalan etc. If anyone doesn't think the elite power structure of this country intended for there to be an illegal alien problem right now then they do not know their history.

B B

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 25 queries.