Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: FXSTSSE Seat  (Read 9258 times)

Tommy2Tall

• Junior CVO Member
FXSTSSE Seat
« on: June 03, 2007, 07:30:28 PM »

I have been looking to get a different seat the the stock one on the 07 FXSTSSE.  I would like one with a bigger back seat and a different color.  We went to order a corbin seat and they say that their seats will not work on the 07 Springer, with the chrome dash panel.  Any one know of a seat company that can make a seat to fit? And no alligator bob is not an option after finding out he wants 3k to do a seat.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Tom
2007 CV0 Amarillo Gold and Candy Tangerine Springer
2000 Burgundy Heritage Softail Springer
1996 Black and Silver Sportster 1200C

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: FXSTSSE Seat
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 09:09:22 PM »

Look at some of the seats that Harley makes, also all good custom bike shops will be able to help I once used High Roller in Winston Salem NC they do great work, will have to take the bike to them ...

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 09:33:39 AM »

I have been looking to get a different seat the the stock one on the 07 FXSTSSE.  I would like one with a bigger back seat and a different color.  We went to order a corbin seat and they say that their seats will not work on the 07 Springer, with the chrome dash panel.  Any one know of a seat company that can make a seat to fit? And no alligator bob is not an option after finding out he wants 3k to do a seat.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Tom
Tom, I saw this post when you first put it here, and I've seen some great looking custom seat covers added to some bikes from around here, I just had to get the guys name.  I got it this weekend and saw some more examples of his work.  He can do a mulitude of colors and skin types. He claims (not my words - his) that he uses marine grade leather and that they can take the abuse of rain, riding etc. 

His company is called Custom Seats,
his name is Roy Baird and his
phone number is 804-359-2471. 

Hope this helps. 

:cherry:

BOT

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 02:13:57 PM »

I'm also looking for a seat with some more passenger cushin. Tried several(3) Harley seats and two did not fit and one was two big. Any one out there have any luck let me know.

astromikey

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 02:17:32 PM »

I like the looks of the seat, but wouldn't mind something more comfortable for long days ... anyone try one of those propads?  Saw them at Laughlin, but didn't try them out ... look like they would help and look like they come off easy so you can go back to looking cool pretty quick.

keimee

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 09:03:53 PM »

Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm new to the site, but have a 08 FXSTSSE.  I had the same problem on the seat deal.   They really arent that comfortable after about an hour in the saddle.  Not to mention if you happen to have a passenger, she is probably not going to be to happy either.  Needless to say we started looking immediately.  Le Pera has the seat pan that fits these bikes.  I just got my initial foam seat from them where you try it on and see if its what you want.  I bolted it on and the damn thing is so comfortable and has plenty of room for your passenger to stay happy.  I have already re-packaged it to send back tomorrow and have them cover it and put in some stitching with orange thread.  It should look pretty good when it gets back, but the only thing is it is going to cost me around 600.00.  After sitting on it, I believe it will be worth it.  You can buy the seat you want if you look at their seats and pick one.  I opted to have the seat sent to me so I could see it on the bike and sit on it before I bought it.  It's going to be nice when I get it back from them.  Wish I could put a pic on here, but trust me, it looks damn good on the bike and does not look too bulky at all.  I'll get some pics of my bike on here shortly.  No mods yet, just the skull horn cover and side mount license plate and boy does that make a difference in the rear end of the bike.  I'm sure most of you already know that.  Later.
Keith

Cyphers

• '08 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: '08 FXSTSSE2 (Springer)
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 04:47:41 PM »

I had a HD Sundowner seat installed before picking up the bike, and added a medium size passenger backrest.  I'ts not real fancy, but is comfortable enough for the wife to enjoy riding with me.

Jack

• Full CVO Member
  • thank you Denis Van Orman (DVO)

• CVO1: 07 FXSTSSE Amarillo Gold/Candy Tangerine (1/540) thanks Dude
    • CVO2: 98 Lincoln LSC Ivory Pearlescent (34K)
    • CVO3: 87 Porsche 944 Rose Quartz
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 08:58:47 AM »

I hope each one of you adjusted the handlebars, in trial and error experimentation several times before buying a seat.

I had the same problem, as the position of the handlebars were the real problem for me alone, I ride alone.

Aches and pains were developed in all areas, including from the rear pocket seams.

I have 31,000 on my bike and no discomfort for the last 10-15K since the fifth adjustment which was the third position.
FXSTSSE
H-D Tribal Mirrors (92410-09)
H-D medium low detachable (round stock) sissy bar
2006 Bobtail fender rack & trans dip stk w/medallion
Jet Scream (air delivery)
10mm SE plug wires
NGK Iridium IX (DCPR9EIX) 2316
Mercury Marine QUICKSILVER 20-W50
MOTORKOTE (petroleum hydrocarbon) in all 3 areas
RED LINE HEAVY SHOCKPROOF
93 Octane
Lyndall "Z" Racing Brake Pads "Gold"
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

metalgrind

• METALGRIND
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2 Inferno Orange,

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2, V&H Big Radius, SERT, HD Oil Cooler
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 02:10:47 PM »

Keimee,

Which LePera seat were you trying out (Model)?

h82lose

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 08:48:13 PM »

have a lepera on my 08 orange springer put gel in both front and back and rides great.600 to 700 miles a day work. have had on for 3 years,no complaints.
'08 orange springer, '05 teal seeg-10/23/04,  '79 flh classic,  '05 jag S type R- british racing GREEN

08CVOSPRNGER

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 10:46:18 PM »

Put a gel insert in the passenger seat for the wife. She said it helped alot.

gaqgefixer

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 11:05:11 AM »

anyone selling their STOCK seat ?

jrmediatv

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 10:49:45 PM »

what ya give me for my stock seat???

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 05:39:47 AM »

new one can be had for about $400..........
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

JD

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 09:00:36 AM »

I first replaced my stock seat with the HD Sundowner.  Not only does it look ugly, but it wasn't that much better.  I then opted for the Corbin Solo with Passenger Pillion.  Works great for me.  But, my wife still is not that happy.  I got her a Buttbuffer gel pad (2 gel inserts) and now she's happy.  I also agree you also need to address the handlebars.  I went with Chubby 12.5" Apes - and that makes a world of difference.  It's like sitting in an easy chair now!

gaqgefixer

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 02:55:24 PM »

anyone want to sell their stock seat ?

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 05:07:51 AM »

not just including the Centerline hand grips, you parked your snow shovel them same place I did ! :beatdeadhorse:
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Scooterleg

• Its just cash.

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE - Red
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 12:47:59 PM »

If anyone is willing to part with their old stock seat, I also would be interested in buying it.
For me the issue is that I LIKE the original seat, but wonder why they never offered a solo version. The pillion part of the seat is small, but covers some of the graphics of the paint. I want to shed the pillion, but it isn't removable without cutting it off. I want to keep the matching three rib stitching as its been designed to match the chrome tank console. For two up riding, I have the HD Sundowner touring seat and the wife seems happy with it - tho I do think it detracts from the looks of the machine.
My other bikes are:
1997 XL1200C
2003 FLHRCI
2005 XL883C

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 06:12:35 AM »

If anyone is willing to part with their old stock seat, I also would be interested in buying it.
For me the issue is that I LIKE the original seat, but wonder why they never offered a solo version. The pillion part of the seat is small, but covers some of the graphics of the paint. I want to shed the pillion, but it isn't removable without cutting it off. I want to keep the matching three rib stitching as its been designed to match the chrome tank console. For two up riding, I have the HD Sundowner touring seat and the wife seems happy with it - tho I do think it detracts from the looks of the machine.

I was also thinking of obtaining a stock 07 seat, mine is getting bare along the seems..........come on guys who doesnt want there hard ass stock seats?

Anthem Rider

• Once you get on a Harley, you'll never get off it
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 07:16:53 PM »

I like the Sundowner. Never had a great stock seat.
I am more for the comfort than the look.
2008 CVO Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide

ssketer4

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2: Inferno Orange
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 10:26:55 PM »

...I would consider selling mine ...if the price is fair.

johna

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »

Thanks Tom
Not sure about different color but the Mustang seat is all day + some comfortable

johna

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 12:49:08 AM »

Crap i just spotted the date on the question :oops:

jester

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2011, 11:21:45 AM »

I ordered a seat from Mustang.  I had to make a slight adjustment so it would clear the chrome but otherwise excellent choice.  A very comfortable ride, including when you have a passenger.

biker0051

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 02:39:07 AM »

I just put on a stock FXSTC seat, the pillow one. You need one from a model with the 200 rear tire. We both find it very comfortable, she didn't find the stock seat comfortable. But I preferred the look and the fact that the stock seat was leather and not vinyl unlike the FXSTC pillow seat.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.