Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: that annoying alarm fob  (Read 4993 times)

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: that annoying alarm fob
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 10:57:12 AM »

It was difficult to remember to carry the FOB with me on my 06' RKC since it didn't arm the bike automatically. I found that whenever I wanted to use the alarm, I would most likely have left the FOB at home. On my 08' CVO Springer, obviously the bike arms itself without having to push the FOB button. While the FOB was hard to get used to carrying with me, I now find that I like the automated alarm better than the previous years model where you have to push the FOB button to arm the bike. All of my bikes have security sirens and I have the FOB on the same key ring as the key. I replaced the stock security siren on the CVO Springer with the Security Siren II so I could use the Security Siren Pager II. A little extra security works for me.

astromikey

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 04:21:47 PM »

The only part that bothers me is the siren ... i don't mind the kill switch part or the blinking lights ... is the siren something that can be removed without disabling the other parts of the system?

Spanish Flyer

• Full CVO Member
  • Mankind, all equal; some more equal than others
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 04:30:57 PM »

You are all crazy if you want to disarm the alarm; better be safe than sorry. Most of the times it just happens that you are too lazy to learn some simple numbers, but just think that that annoying figure can save your bike from being stolen.

What I do on my bikes is add an extra alarm, in this case a Scorpio 500i so the alarm sounds even if people get too close to my bike. Just that paintjob on my CVO is worth any money spent on alarm systems.

Spanish Flyer

STOCK BIKES SUCK!

towjamin

• It was worth the fight!

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 orange
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 08:25:36 PM »

Save my bike from being stolen? An alarm? :huepfenlol2: Are you new to Harley's? they don't start a Harley to steal it, they pick it up and take it.  They steal bikes in the middle of the day with people around, an alarm isn't going to do squat but keep you from riding it when it freaks out, NOT IF, i said WHEN and IT WILL (see other posts). Mine is at Harley, (bike has to be reprogrammed by them after removal) they were going to remove it but they didn't have a non alarm turn signal module in stock and couldn't get one before Friday when i leave for Daytona, so i am STUCK with that annoying FOB for a while longer, but it is going, and lo-jack is going in, that is the only thing that will work to get your bike back after they steal it, because if they want it they will get it. so good luck with your dual alarms (the ones that tell you to "move away your too close", will cost you a paint job, just for being annoying and going off every 2 seconds and then no one even looks)  and false sense of security, better yet, you should get the pager type so you can run up screaming, on a group of guys taking your bike, should be like? 4 on 1.... yea i know you carry, but we know how that goes, hope you use yours before they use theirs :rifle:, since they have nothing and have nothing to loose.... It's not going to be pretty..... and im the crazy one :zstupid:
DO SOMETHING,,,, even if it ain't right!

Spanish Flyer

• Full CVO Member
  • Mankind, all equal; some more equal than others
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 05:07:05 PM »

Dear Towjaming,

The way you see it, you might as well leave the engine running so the tieves bother the least. I have this Scorpio alarm and I normally leave it on a silent mode; that way NOBODY knows they are being monitored and when the alarm on your pager goes off, you are the only one that knows what is happening. Of course it all ddepends what you find when you get there and how big your weapon is, but at least you fight against it. You seem to take the "why bother attitude". It's ..or was your bike you decide.
Spanish Flyer
STOCK BIKES SUCK!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 22 queries.