Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: black 08 springer value?  (Read 1963 times)

doorman

black 08 springer value?
« on: August 07, 2008, 09:03:41 PM »

Thinking about parting with my 08 springer. It's had the 7500 mile service done, and new front and back tires. I put rinehart crossback chrome flush pipes with the screaming eagle pro super tuner on it. Buyer can have the original exhaust if they wanted. Still a year left on the warranty, and the bike is perfect in every way..

Do you think I could get 24,500.00 ?

I'm looking real close at a 09 model and I can't afford both.

Joey

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Re: black 08 springer value?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 09:16:02 PM »

I just sold the same bike on ebay with 3,000 miles, race tuner, and Vance & Hines short shots for $23,500,  It was in perfect shape and it sold in less than a week so you might be able to get a little bit more for yours...maybe $24,000 in my opinion.  It helps that the '09 CVO Springer had a big price increase.

Good luck.  I sold my bike for the same reason that you're selling yours.

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 10:37:47 PM »

What color are you guys hoping to get?  I think the green/black looks great.

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 10:42:39 PM »

I think the green and black is killer, but I'm buying a silver SERG this year.

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 12:56:04 AM »

That's also a killer color. The "gray ghost" as it were. It's so different from any of the others.

doorman

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 07:49:42 AM »

From the pictures of the 09' springers, I actually like the black 08' better.  The reason I'm selling is I'm looking for something more of a touring bike. I rode with some guys last weekend and put 386 miles in one day, and the seat killed me.  I would love to keep her and ride the short runs, but my checkbook says no..

I'm going for the black pearl 09' street glide and take it to cycle rama and do the 110 all out motor this winter.

Ride safe,
Joey

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 08:27:54 AM »

From the pictures of the 09' springers, I actually like the black 08' better.  The reason I'm selling is I'm looking for something more of a touring bike. I rode with some guys last weekend and put 386 miles in one day, and the seat killed me.  I would love to keep her and ride the short runs, but my checkbook says no..

I'm going for the black pearl 09' street glide and take it to cycle rama and do the 110 all out motor this winter.

Ride safe,
Joey

Don't bother with all the effort to turn a 96 into a 110. You have to disassemble the engine and bore the cases. Just do the top end and make it a 103. So much cheaper. If you're gonna go thru the grief of building a new engine, just buy a Jim's 120. Comes out cheaper in the end! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 09:21:19 AM »

Thinking about parting with my 08 springer. It's had the 7500 mile service done, and new front and back tires. I put rinehart crossback chrome flush pipes with the screaming eagle pro super tuner on it. Buyer can have the original exhaust if they wanted. Still a year left on the warranty, and the bike is perfect in every way..

Do you think I could get 24,500.00 ?

I'm looking real close at a 09 model and I can't afford both.

Joey

I have only had tire kickers and time wasters looking at my 07 SERK with stuff on it...priced at 26k..Tough market out there.   >:(

krank

• CVO1: 2008 screaming eagle springer
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 09:32:18 PM »

hey doorman, i to have the black 08 and just went through the same crisis. after the work ive done and the way it turned out ( 110hp&120fpt) i cant part with it, the bike is to cool and a blast to ride. i struck a great deal on an 08 crimson red sun glow street glide which is more comfortable for the wife and the long haul and still has some cool about it. i figure if it comes down to it i can always sell one and if that one turns ouy to be my springer then ill take some of the cash and do some work on the sreet glide but i hope it doent come to that. i havent seen an 09 springer yet but from just the pictures i to prefer my 08.good luck with your " problem" but if at all possible its kind of nice having the best of both worlds.

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 23 queries.