Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: License Plate Frame  (Read 31087 times)

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
Re: License Plate Frame
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2011, 12:59:23 AM »

Looks nice Wayne, the only thing that would make it look better is if we traded exhaust tips and you had chrome tips to match you license place frame  :huepfenlol2:

Harley_Charley

• Junior CVO Member
  • C&C

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Blue
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE Candy Concord
    • CVO3: 2005 Honda Rune Illusion Blue
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2011, 07:01:49 AM »

Finally got the Stealth mounted. Took some thinking and some fabrication but I was able to use the stock backing plate and harness cover. I am very pleased with the way it came out. I had the backing plate nuts tig welded to make sure it wont break off. I dont mind the night time light look, as I see it, I dont Ha Ha  I know a bad attempt at humor!
Looks fantastic! What exactly, other than weld the lugs, did you have to do to make it mount?

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2011, 04:01:49 PM »

Charley

You have to remove the swedged nuts on the backing plate that mounts the stock bracket, I tried drilling the threads but with the angle the bolts have to go into the Stealth its easier to remove them. About 1 hour frustrating myself before I figured that out. I had to cut longer mount bolts to fit (the supplied bolts are too short if you use the backing plate and in my case the plastic washers). This is the step that takes the longest, you want the bolts to go almost all the way into the Stealth without bottoming out when tightend. When you do these 2 things its a cake walk to assemble, I also used blue loctite on the mount bolts.  If I decide to ever mount the stock plate bracket I will just use longer bolts with washers and locknuts.
Hope this helps

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2013, 04:55:25 PM »

Charley

You have to remove the swedged nuts on the backing plate that mounts the stock bracket, I tried drilling the threads but with the angle the bolts have to go into the Stealth its easier to remove them. About 1 hour frustrating myself before I figured that out. I had to cut longer mount bolts to fit (the supplied bolts are too short if you use the backing plate and in my case the plastic washers). This is the step that takes the longest, you want the bolts to go almost all the way into the Stealth without bottoming out when tightend. When you do these 2 things its a cake walk to assemble, I also used blue loctite on the mount bolts.  If I decide to ever mount the stock plate bracket I will just use longer bolts with washers and locknuts.
Hope this helps
This helped me. I was ready to go back together after drilling out the threads with a 1/4" like Yaffe instructed and the bolts are too short. Going to take the factory mount to work tonight and drill the "swedged nuts" off.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

DOWNTOWN DON

• Full CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: 2012 flhxse3 Black diamond, Dark slate. (WRECKED)
    • CVO2: 2015 flhxse4 Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames.
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2013, 06:07:56 PM »

Could someone please measure the opening, right to left & top to bottom for me? our B.C. plates are 8x5 & I need to know if enough of it will be visible.

Thx.
CVO1:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2" power cores & tts mastertune, mustang super solo vintage/13" rear pillion, 7" lrs ultra elite dark tint windshield, truk lite ph7 headlight & custom dynamics signals,  color matched king tour pak.
CVO2:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2 1/4" power cores, screens, & tts mastertune, 7" lrs ultra elite/dark tint/screemin eagle scripture, fairing vents, fork baffle, matching pass boards & backrest, and a LOT more to come.

Thx and come again: "DOWNTOWN DON"

gtaboyz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Diamond Black Inferno Orange SESG

• CVO1: '04 SEEG Orange / Black
    • CVO2: '10 SESG Tequilla Sunrise
    • CVO3: '11 SESG Diamond Black / Inferno Orange
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2013, 11:15:13 PM »

How does the black look on the bike? I was thinking chrome but after the pic that looks pretty sweet.

Definately the Black on the Black Diamond, Why anything else, from the rear the bike looks all Black and that's what makes it so unique, IMHO!!!
So Far....120.5HP/120.5TQ....Screamin' Eagle Pro110 Upgrade, 10.5:1 High Compression Pistons, SE-259E Cams, Baisley Adjustable Pushrods, Baisley Heads, SE 58mm Throttle Body, SE High Flow Injectors, High Performance Clutch Spring, SE Pro Super Tuner, SE Heavy Breather, D&D Fat Cat 2:1 Exhaust w/ Left Side Falsie, Chrome Inner Primary, Chrome 1.4KW Starter, HD Saddle Bag Lid Speakers w/ Rear Amp, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak, Custom Alligator Seat, Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna, Zumo 665, +++

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2013, 01:55:23 PM »

Got the new Yaffe installed, LOVE IT!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2013, 02:21:23 PM »

vs

SLO-POK3

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2013, 04:49:46 PM »

I installed the Yaffe license plate frame a few months ago and love it. I think it really cleans the rear fender up nicely and have been pleasantly surprised by the light. As for covering up the license plate, not a problem on mine.

Good luck on your decision.

cvoscoot

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Ruby/Typhoon Street Glide
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2013, 12:19:22 PM »

I like the looks of mine but you can see a mark above & below of the new plate where the old light was.Going to have to take to body shop to buff out.

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC vivid black...45" sissy bar & 18" 1.5 apes
    • CVO3: 2008 xl1200c bobtail,low riser,gauges,lowered,tuned,fast as hell
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2013, 08:38:53 PM »

Mine just put on...had to buff out where the old one was...looks wayyyy better though..

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO Dark Slate/Black Diamond
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2013, 05:12:27 PM »

My plate frame.  Had to do a little drilling but like how it came out. 

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO Dark Slate/Black Diamond
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2013, 05:15:56 PM »

Another shot.

Phixtit

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2013 H-D® FLTRXSE2-ANV CVO™ Road Glide® Custom 110

• CVO1: 2013 CVO FLTRXSE2-ANV
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2014, 05:39:41 AM »

Could someone please measure the opening, right to left & top to bottom for me? our B.C. plates are 8x5 & I need to know if enough of it will be visible.

Thx.

I'm from Alberta, Canada. Our Plate size is also 8"x5" & am also wondering if someone could please measure the opening, right to left & top to bottom for me?

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2014, 10:35:53 AM »

PRETTY CLOSE TO 7" X 4"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.