Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dyna first wash- What to use  (Read 3648 times)

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Dyna first wash- What to use
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 11:00:22 PM »

Metro Air Dryer, used cautiously, and micro fiber drying towels have made Chamois a thing of the past. Can not see paying price of Glare Soap, I use 2 for 1 Blue Corral from Pep Boys (about $5/gallon) and a new style microfiber sponge, not the ones that looks like a towel but the one that looks like a wooly mamouth. LOTS of A 2 Z wheel & tire cleaner on tires/wheels/brake calipers/rotors etc and then just do a good job of washing everything.
What I do does work, Look at featured Used bike of the week @ Jims HD website, They were showing it on the floor with bags etc removed to expose how clean bike was with that many miles, It was my old SEEG and even there detail guy was amazed. Nothing hoodo here, just work.

DUDE

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3 Annie # 1420
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 04:04:24 PM »

LOTS of A 2 Z wheel & tire cleaner on tires/wheels/brake calipers/rotors etc

DW,

Is that Eagle One's A to Z?  Was considering that the other day but the label says "WARNING: DO NOT USE ON NON-FACTORY PAINTED WHEELS, MOTORCYCLE WHEELS, AND SOME ANODIZED WHEELS" so it scared me off but if your using it successfully I'll give it a try.

Dude
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 04:07:37 PM by DUDE »

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 08:59:39 PM »

The A -Z motorcycle wheel caution is for cad plated spoke wheels, Cad Platting is very suspectible to any kind of cleaner stronger than soap. You have to use some sort of brake cleaner to remove the residue left by brake pads and A - Z is the mildest and does the best job on the tires, You will be amazed at the brown foamy dirt that rolls off the tire sidewall.
Works good.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 25 queries.