Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Tall windscreen for 2001 FLTRSEI2  (Read 6678 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Tall windscreen for 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2007, 05:36:43 PM »

I had ordered a Clearview windshield for my SERG and it was going to be a 7-8 week delivery time. As most of you know, I had my bike stolen and John was very good about canceling my order. I have since ordered a new Street Glide ( don't throw rocks at me) and I just got online this morning and ordered a new Clearview windshield for it and it was $60 cheaper with the same recurve and delivery time was 2-3 weeks.   Just a little heads up for anyone thinking of ordering one, the prices are going up Feb. 1.
                     Ripp

Ripp

Any word on your SERG that was stolen?

The EG shields are cheaper than the SERG's. The R/G has a compound bend in the shield.  :nixweiss:

Mine was 7 or 8 weeks delivery but maybe the E/G's are quicker?

103T, did they give you a time frame for delivery?

SBB
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 05:39:18 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2007, 07:12:14 PM »

Ripp

Any word on your SERG that was stolen?

The EG shields are cheaper than the SERG's. The R/G has a compound bend in the shield.  :nixweiss:

Mine was 7 or 8 weeks delivery but maybe the E/G's are quicker?

103T, did they give you a time frame for delivery?

SBB

Just ordered mine today.  Figured it was time to get the ball rolling.  Spring should get here, eventually. :nixweiss:

Oh, man! :nervous:  You might want to give them a call to see what's up.  I got an e-mail from John saying 6-7 weeks, but that he thought it could be sooner.  Their website says 7-8, so you're well beyond that.

It's been less than 2 weeks for me so far. :-\

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2007, 07:32:15 PM »

Silver, no word on the bike. The insurance company (Formost) paid off very well $19,850. This was $17,500 for the bike and the rest for extras. I looked at several 01 SERG's on line and found some very low mile and clean ones, but the more I thought about it the more I leaned toward the new bike. I like the fact that the new bikes have ABS brakes, 6 speed trans, updated stereo, and 96 cubes.
   I loved my SERG, but it was 7 years old and starting to show some age. Although I kept it in great condition, the dash was fading and with 44,000 miles some dings and scratches are inevitable. If you repaint it (I like flame jobs) than you lose the uniqueness of the bike unless you go back to the origanal paint scheme. I plan to chrome the Street Glide out and maybe build the motor some over the first few years, and than when it starts to show some age put my flame job on it.
   Fired00d, thanks for welcoming me back, because I like this board and there is no board for FLHX's.
                                                                                              Later Ripp
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 25 queries.