Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 474

Author Topic: What did you do to or on your CVO today?  (Read 1172456 times)

rayson56 and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
Re: What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #2940 on: September 08, 2015, 08:38:46 PM »

Quick question East Coast, were the Stock  brake and clutch lines long enough ??  We put a set of 10" LA choppers on my buddies last week and they were long enough.  Yaffe looks to be a little higher of a bar  which  I like. Just want to order all that is needed.  We got the plug and play for the wiring but didn't need the cables.  Any comments would be great, Thx

JH,
The brake and clutch cables are long enough. You may have to cut a few wire ties and re route the clutch cable and by that I mean literally move it a little. If you remove the stock female plug ends for the switch wiring from there stock location under the infotainment system and push them back up towards the gas tank you will be fine with wire length. I had purchased a set of 4" wire extensions from Namz so I didn't move the female plugs up. If you order extensions which are plug and play order a little longer, 6" or 8" inch. That will give you a little more than I had to work with.

Feeding the wires through the bars on the throttle side was a bit challanging but patience and persistance paid off. The bars look nice, feel good too.

Good luck, hope that helps a bit.

Additionally, I ordered a set of Alloy Art good and tite poly riser bushings to replace the stock rubber riser bushings. I emailed them, they told me to use the GT-2's. The stock bolts were not long enough to go through the Alloy Art bushings and back into the lower riser clamp. I removed them and put the stock bushings back for now. So, heads up on that if your planning on replacing the riser bushings. I was in get it done mode and didn't want to run out for longer bolts. I'll replace them over the winter.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:54:09 PM by East Coast »

J Heinlein

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #2941 on: September 08, 2015, 08:46:57 PM »

Thx for the quick response and advise.   I will use the wire extensions for sure.  We did on my buddies bike as well. 

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #2942 on: September 08, 2015, 08:54:58 PM »

Your welcome. Well worth it and you can save a step. Keep as posted.  :drink:

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #2943 on: September 13, 2015, 11:14:37 AM »

I had a heck of a day yesterday. I picked my bike up from the Harley shop after having them R&R a throttle body for me. A buddy and me were riding and we were about 70 miles from home when gas started pouring out of my bike. We quickly pulled into a CVS Pharmacy parking lot and I shut the bike down and bailed off because the gas hitting the hot engine was starting to smoke. Thank god the bike cooled off without anything flaming up!! It turned out that the Love Jugs cooling fan bracket was adjusted too low and was resting on the fuel line that goes from the tank quick disconnect to the injectors. This of course had rubbed a hole in the line just before the fitting that plugs into the injectors. I called the local Harley shop and they did not have a pick up transport available and also did not have the hose in stock either. No Harley shop within 100 miles had the hose in stock. I was on the phone to line up a tow when a local guy walked up and said a local auto parts store could make the hose. Well my buddy and I decided it was worth a shot so we tore her down in the CVS parking lot with the tools we had that came with the bikes and some nail clipper bought from the CVS to cut zip ties. We even had to pull the tank to get to the cooling fan bracket. As soon as we got the hose off of the bike another local guy pulled up on his bike so I showed him the hose and asked him if he knew the best place in town to get a hose made. Well he said I should call an INDY shop called The Bike Shop which was an INDY Harley repair shop just a few miles away. So I called him. When he answered the phone I asked if he was open because it was 4PM on a Saturday. He said no but I am here what can I do for you. I told him the whole story and he said I tell you what I have a brand new bike on the lift the tank is already removed I am putting different bars and other stuff on it so it will be down for a few days anyway. He removed the hose from that bike and sold it to me just for the amount of money it will take to get another one!! Of course I gave him cash money and included a tip which I had to force him to take. We got my bike back together with the cooling fan bracket adjusted properly of course and she runs like a champ again......SO if anyone breaks down in the Lafayette Louisiana area I HIGHLY RECCOMEND that you call The Bike Shop!!!!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2944 on: September 13, 2015, 11:20:41 AM »

I had a heck of a day yesterday. I picked my bike up from the Harley shop after having them R&R a throttle body for me. A buddy and me were riding and we were about 70 miles from home when gas started pouring out of my bike. We quickly pulled into a CVS Pharmacy parking lot and I shut the bike down and bailed off because the gas hitting the hot engine was starting to smoke. Thank god the bike cooled off without anything flaming up!! It turned out that the Love Jugs cooling fan bracket was adjusted too low and was resting on the fuel line that goes from the tank quick disconnect to the injectors. This of course had rubbed a hole in the line just before the fitting that plugs into the injectors. I called the local Harley shop and they did not have a pick up transport available and also did not have the hose in stock either. No Harley shop within 100 miles had the hose in stock. I was on the phone to line up a tow when a local guy walked up and said a local auto parts store could make the hose. Well my buddy and I decided it was worth a shot so we tore her down in the CVS parking lot with the tools we had that came with the bikes and some nail clipper bought from the CVS to cut zip ties. We even had to pull the tank to get to the cooling fan bracket. As soon as we got the hose off of the bike another local guy pulled up on his bike so I showed him the hose and asked him if he knew the best place in town to get a hose made. Well he said I should call an INDY shop called The Bike Shop which was an INDY Harley repair shop just a few miles away. So I called him. When he answered the phone I asked if he was open because it was 4PM on a Saturday. He said no but I am here what can I do for you. I told him the whole story and he said I tell you what I have a brand new bike on the lift the tank is already removed I am putting different bars and other stuff on it so it will be down for a few days anyway. He removed the hose from that bike and sold it to me just for the amount of money it will take to get another one!! Of course I gave him cash money and included a tip which I had to force him to take. We got my bike back together with the cooling fan bracket adjusted properly of course and she runs like a champ again......SO if anyone breaks down in the Lafayette Louisiana area I HIGHLY RECCOMEND that you call The Bike Shop!!!!

Places and guys like this are hard to find!  He deserves a shout out!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #2945 on: September 13, 2015, 02:13:39 PM »

that is actually a very cool story. Obviously not the gas pouring out part but the fact people helped. Glad your day was not completely ruined and nothing was permanently damaged.
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #2946 on: September 13, 2015, 02:21:28 PM »

I did absolutely nothing on my CVO today after having that major "brain fart" last weekend and bending my bars. To make matters worse, I couldn't just put the same bars back on heaven forbid, that would be way too easy. I had to try the new Reaper bars from Chubby as well as the Carlini's to see which I liked better. Of course I didn't take into account that both of those bars grip spots are lower than the top of the stated rise so after tearing the bike apart, I noe need to order both bars in the next size up so I am sitting here in my chair posting on a beautiful Sunday afternoon instead of out there doing what I love to do on the weekends, ride my bike! here is a pic of what it looks like right now..
Notice the new Arc 600 series amps I added last week.
Alan

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #2947 on: September 14, 2015, 01:00:14 PM »

I did absolutely nothing on my CVO today after having that major "brain fart" last weekend and bending my bars. To make matters worse, I couldn't just put the same bars back on heaven forbid, that would be way too easy. I had to try the new Reaper bars from Chubby as well as the Carlini's to see which I liked better. Of course I didn't take into account that both of those bars grip spots are lower than the top of the stated rise so after tearing the bike apart, I noe need to order both bars in the next size up so I am sitting here in my chair posting on a beautiful Sunday afternoon instead of out there doing what I love to do on the weekends, ride my bike! here is a pic of what it looks like right now..
Notice the new Arc 600 series amps I added last week.

Seriously cool ink Alan! Oh, and your bike looks like it's almost ready to hit the road again (no pun intended)!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:02:35 PM by camcvo »

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #2948 on: September 14, 2015, 04:53:17 PM »

No work on the bike for me over the weekend, we had such great weather, I had to just get out and ride.
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2949 on: September 14, 2015, 05:54:50 PM »

went for ride so i could watch it turn 40k miles on the odometer. oh and had the rear wheel bearing(s) replaced, some how the rear wheel hub area was full of water... :nixweiss: not sure if the bearing went and allowed water in or if the water took the bearing out :nixweiss: but it is smooth as butter now rolling down the road. all ready for BBB next week see ya there
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #2950 on: September 14, 2015, 08:20:52 PM »

Well I got it towed in to be repaired after being rear-ended on an interstate highway Labor Day!

:(

FXD_TG

« Reply #2951 on: September 14, 2015, 09:21:05 PM »

After a Labor Day weekend trip to Gatlinburg via the Cherohala Skyway & Cherokee, NC, Blue was showing 17k miles and had cupped out her 2nd Dunlop D407 rear tire.  So, it was over to Atlanta Harley-Davidson on Friday for some fresh rubber.  On the bright side, the first D407 only lasted 7,400 miles. The second one made it 9,600.

The prerequisite hero shot from the Skyway crossing... before we hit the downpour near the summit!

Chewed-up rear tire that was singing the "time to replace me" song all the way home.

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #2952 on: September 15, 2015, 12:13:56 PM »

Received a BIG stone chip in my front fender....ugh

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2953 on: September 15, 2015, 07:26:51 PM »

After a Labor Day weekend trip to Gatlinburg via the Cherohala Skyway & Cherokee, NC, Blue was showing 17k miles and had cupped out her 2nd Dunlop D407 rear tire.  So, it was over to Atlanta Harley-Davidson on Friday for some fresh rubber.  On the bright side, the first D407 only lasted 7,400 miles. The second one made it 9,600.

The prerequisite hero shot from the Skyway crossing... before we hit the downpour near the summit!

Chewed-up rear tire that was singing the "time to replace me" song all the way home.

Pretty little woman on the back of your bike playing grabass with you and you look grouchy. What's up with that?  :huepfenlol2:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #2954 on: September 15, 2015, 09:56:37 PM »

Well I got it towed in to be repaired after being rear-ended on an interstate highway Labor Day!

:(

Ugh.... I hope your okay and the bike gets fixed quickly!
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 474

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.